“DONT TRY IT” FEATURING EMINEM

BritintheZone

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Soni said:

She wouldnt win anything except having some straight boys listen to her voice against their will

He collabed with Bey and it was a major flop
He had a quick rise to fame but only because he had to put someone's name in his mouth again

He is over and tbh it will kinda look strange

I'm not even an Eminem fan but come on. Eminem's sales are exactly what her team can't even dream of. This would be bigger for her than for him. 

10 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

theres absolutely no way that's true. Eminem has openly said in various interviews and in print that he doesn't like Britney and has slammed her a few times. he even mocked her in The Real Slim Shady music video

he's also mocked P!nk and various other artists and collaborated with lot's of mainstream female singers. 
Talk about a sell out... he's not the old Eminem anymore, who's playing me against everyone. 

Still the collab isn't happening. 

1 hour ago, Chris88 said:

I'm not even an Eminem fan but come on. Eminem's sales are exactly what her team can't even dream of. This would be bigger for her than for him. 

Britney will only benefit with his streams

She wont get part of his album sales nor will they do any good on the charts if he didnt do good on the charts with a big star like Ed or even Beyonce (although she cant seem to be able to hit the top 10 either)
His only top 10 hit since 2013 is a diss towards somebody (that doesnt even have certifications)
So dont act like this the collab will be super beneficial for her

At least with Iggy and G-eazy, they were just coming off from big hits and were at their peak (even tho Iggy was getting hated on)

6 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

She frickin loves him. She calls him a genius during chaotic. 

Also, didn’t they already work together before? Didn’t he produce Baby Boy?

He didn't produce Baby Boy? In fact he's only ever produced songs for other rappers.

I don't actually think he has anything against her. He even said in an interview he used to have a Britney notebook he would write his rhymes in but then he lost it. 

Sorry for the triple post but I just found this (from 2002 I think?). He doesn't speak negatively about her here, saying she can do what she wants in regards to her image and stuff. He also says his daughter likes some of her songs, but at the same time wanting Britney to be careful towards her target audience at the time (which is a valid point to make)

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

Sorry for the triple post but I just found this (from 2002 I think?). He doesn't speak negatively about her here, saying she can do what she wants in regards to her image and stuff. He also says his daughter likes some of her songs, but at the same time wanting Britney to be careful towards her target audience at the time (which is a valid point to make)

I don't have much against Eminem, but I find that kind of hypocritical coming from him... I mean, in 2002, he released a single (Without Me) where he specifically mentions how he appeals to children ("infesting in your kids' ears and nesting"). You'd think he'd have something more interesting to say about the influence a musician can have on kids, since he's aware that his explicit music might affect them as well. Seems kind of misogynistic of him to be worried about Britney simply looking **** (did anyone really object to her album covers? What??) when his own music and videos are farrrr more "inappropriate."

27 minutes ago, thrashette said:

I don't have much against Eminem, but I find that kind of hypocritical coming from him... I mean, in 2002, he released a single (Without Me) where he specifically mentions how he appeals to children ("infesting in your kids' ears and nesting"). You'd think he'd have something more interesting to say about the influence a musician can have on kids, since he's aware that his explicit music might affect them as well. Seems kind of misogynistic of him to be worried about Britney simply looking **** (did anyone really object to her album covers? What??) when his own music and videos are farrrr more "inappropriate."

I don't think the Without Me lyrics were meant to be taken seriously. He's never marketed himself towards children. 

2 hours ago, Soni said:

Britney will only benefit with his streams

She wont get part of his album sales nor will they do any good on the charts if he didnt do good on the charts with a big star like Ed or even Beyonce (although she cant seem to be able to hit the top 10 either)
His only top 10 hit since 2013 is a diss towards somebody (that doesnt even have certifications)
So dont act like this the collab will be super beneficial for her

At least with Iggy and G-eazy, they were just coming off from big hits and were at their peak (even tho Iggy was getting hated on)

I said it would be bigger for her than him, and his sales are bigger than hers that's all.  I'm sure the GP would be more like "Wow Britney scored a track with Eminem" than the other way around. You have the right to disagree but Eminem is more popular with the GP than Briney is especially today. 

1 hour ago, Chris88 said:

I said it would be bigger for her than him, and his sales are bigger than hers that's all.  I'm sure the GP would be more like "Wow Britney scored a track with Eminem" than the other way around. You have the right to disagree but Eminem is more popular with the GP than Briney is especially today. 

Yea, the double standard, I know

Still wouldnt be anything big for her

Archived