Guardian:"Victim? Survivor? After 20 years of Britney Spears, the jury’s still out“

ColdAsFire89

56 minutes ago, Chris88 said:

I agree with your take on that statement and I feel like that was the only part of the article where I was like "Ok?". She's not wrong to point that out but it fits today's industry, not the one where Britney's career came into the public eye. I do believe that it's essential sometimes for shows that the writing team fits the demographic they're trying to reach but she's comparing 2 totally different eras and it doesn't make sense since whether we like it or not, those middle-aged men are responsible for Britney's biggest hits. 

Yeah I thought it was odd to point that out. Like, in the 90’s, to my very limited knowledge of songwriters, I don’t imagine there were many teenage writers available.  Those “middle-aged men” she talks about wrote songs for many other artists too. Idk, something about that choice of wording gave me pause...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Betty1994 said:

Rihanna pays for songwriting camps herself , selects individuals And fights for songs. Britney doesn’t no double standard it’s not comparable. 

u can say the same for Britney except the fighting part

but sure, make yourself feel better Betty

4 hours ago, Khoazie said:

“Britney Spears launched herself – or, to be fair, was launched – by a song and video made by middle-aged men.”

This part kind of took me aback in the way it’s phrased. Like, the writer isn’t wrong since BOMT was penned by middle-aged men. But so were the songs sung by the Backstreet Boys, and *NSYNC when they were teenagers themselves. The writer could have just pointed out that Britney didn’t write BOMT, but saying “middle-aged men?” I keep thinking if it were an article about Justin Timberlake, would the writer have used the same phrasing? 

If Britney Jean Spears had not given the green light to his damn video ,the would be no Justin Timberlake career...To get started!.I do not know if it makes me more angry that they do not give her the credit that Britney deserves or that the are journalist so iil-informed when she takes 20 years of transparent career.

2 hours ago, Dany said:

Terribel article, victimizing and makes up as everything was just given to her, while we know she was always able to push her own ideas trough. I can kinda see why Britney doesnt give any effort into her production anymore, why would you work hard, if its not appreciated and a lot of people want to bring you down with such articles saying she was manufactured ?! She's aware of this things and she knows where she stands now, just think how shy and anxious that would make you knowing a lot of people trash you everything you do in front of the whole world..

BRAVO!.

3 hours ago, Khoazie said:

Yeah I thought it was odd to point that out. Like, in the 90’s, to my very limited knowledge of songwriters, I don’t imagine there were many teenage writers available.  Those “middle-aged men” she talks about wrote songs for many other artists too. Idk, something about that choice of wording gave me pause...

Not to mention the song was meant to go to the spice girls and not Britney. 

Britney has taken many reject songs and made them hits. That’s all on her. 

6 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

I don't know why you bother, you'll just get the same answer repeated over and over again. 

Lol I know...but somewhere on this forum, someone planted the idea in my head that it could be either Larry, or mama lynne, or papa spears, or someone on Team B. And for the most part, in my everyday life I’m usually more grounded in reality so I’m able to see the unlikelihood of that. But sometimes, when I’m a bit tipsy, or a little high, I can’t help the urge....:jj:

Britney is the one that made the songs hits though. Lets say Baby was given to TLC it would undoubtedly not have been as big as it was for Britney. The same with Toxic and Kylie. When someone writes a song its never 100% certain that it will be a hit. There's so many factors. I believe Britney is where she is today mainly because of herself. People dismiss her because many people confuse being timid and shy with being weak. 

10 hours ago, Khoazie said:

She literally got confused with today's post #metoo and #timesup movement. She makes a point but it's 2 different times. The idea behind the reasoning is noble but it's getting too extreme. I mean cartoons are not produced by kids so her reasoning about who produced or wrote her songs is a bit extreme. The rest of the op-ed is very nice and well written in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, Ashwin said:

Britney is the one that made the songs hits though. Lets say Baby was given to TLC it would undoubtedly not have been as big as it was for Britney. The same with Toxic and Kylie. When someone writes a song its never 100% certain that it will be a hit. There's so many factors. I believe Britney is where she is today mainly because of herself. People dismiss her because many people confuse being timid and shy with being weak. 

Most of those people are stupid

On 10/25/2018 at 11:52 PM, Soni said:

u can say the same for Britney except the fighting part

but sure, make yourself feel better Betty

How could britney pay for songwriting camps herself under a conservatorship.

her first few albums were not made under songwriting camps she had hit producers who had success with other artists write and produce for her. 

Femme fatale she dialled it in and had another person sing the songs for her lmfao. 

56 minutes ago, Betty1994 said:

How could britney pay for songwriting camps herself under a conservatorship.

her first few albums were not made under songwriting camps she had hit producers who had success with other artists write and produce for her. 

Femme fatale she dialled it in and had another person sing the songs for her lmfao. 

Rihanna is the epitome of writting camps which she doesnt attend in

She only payed for her mvs and promos cuz her label didnt thing she would last and wanted to kick her out

Britney didnt need a freaking camp to write songs
U think FF was sung by another person? Why dont u just gtfo this site u troll

9 hours ago, Soni said:

Rihanna is the epitome of writting camps which she doesnt attend in

She only payed for her mvs and promos cuz her label didnt thing she would last and wanted to kick her out

Britney didnt need a freaking camp to write songs
U think FF was sung by another person? Why dont u just gtfo this site u troll

It’s  been proven myah Marie sang many ff songs.

britney had songs given to her they were written without her attendance , she didn’t fight for them.

rihanna paying for everything herself and going’s against the odds is literally the opposite of Britney who had major backing from corporations McDonald’s and her label e.t.c 

2 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

It’s  been proven myah Marie sang many ff songs.

britney had songs given to her they were written without her attendance , she didn’t fight for them.

rihanna paying for everything herself and going’s against the odds is literally the opposite of Britney who had major backing from corporations McDonald’s and her label e.t.c 

1st. back vocals (which everyone has)
2nd, just because it wasnt reported, it doesnt mean she didnt

3rd, Britney has been fighting for her vision from day ONE, go learn some history honey

9 hours ago, Soni said:

1st. back vocals (which everyone has)
2nd, just because it wasnt reported, it doesnt mean she didnt

3rd, Britney has been fighting for her vision from day ONE, go learn some history honey

When has she successfully fought for her vision? She couldn’t even release her album Mona Lisa , didn’t make her own choreography and was groomed at the starts. 

Her songs were basically given to her , her albums with hit producers.

What vision do you see in Pom ?lol 

2 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

When has she successfully fought for her vision? She couldn’t even release her album Mona Lisa , didn’t make her own choreography and was groomed at the starts. 

Her songs were basically given to her , her albums with hit producers.

What vision do you see in Pom ?lol 

U shouldn't be even here if u dont know that the BOMT video was HER vision

Max wasnt as big at first
Pharrel was just coming up for her 3rd album
The only time she worked with big people that she hadnt worked before was ITZ and Glory

wtf does pom even have to do with all this?

Archived