The Official Britney Spears Las Vegas Residency Announcement Thread

summer2summer

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed up until 11:00 to watch the announcement and I got a little disappointed:mhm: 

She was late and I expected her to at least talk with the audience:mhm: 

anyways, she was looking nice but for some reason 2018ney has me worried :decisions: she didn’t really look stunning in any of the appearances and for some reason I feel like her nose is even thinner :omg: so do you think her team is actually photoshopping everything to make it look like Private Showney again? 

I hope for great, Onyx inspired looks for the opening night honestly :yeaok: 

I expect her to release something between today and the opening of the show, like, she can’t start a residency/tour without any new material to promote right ? Please tell me no :omg: 

what kinds of visuals are you expecting? I need it to be inspired by Onyx Hotel tour and the Blackout album booklet, the dark theme of this promo pictures are already getting to me :demi: 

I’ve had  my disappointments yesterday about the announcement but overall I’m excited af :demi: the only thing to make it more perfect in my opinion is to drop one single in Halloween and another somewhere in December, then another one in January and boom, the album around the time the residency is about to start. 

Your thoughts? :pumped::qtbrit: 

3 hours ago, Mc54 said:

Does anyone have the clip of her wanting to sign the guy's vinyl and the bodyguard legit making her walk away? Girlfriend of mine wants to see... it was so sad...

Who cares? Some fans are so greed and entitled, they think they can touch her or demand a signature and then will bash her online because security handles the situation correctly. Have some respect!

3 hours ago, freebreak said:

POM tour was absolutely terrible. 

Greet and Meets have become a joke.

Britney seems to be forced or is forcing herself to do anything other than her Instagram posts.

Announcement was a huge mess and just ... embarrassing, really.

If we get an album, it will be only used as a promo for this residency.

Only a small percentage of fans can actually pay and go to Vegas.

I don't agree with everything here, but I'm not excited about this residency for a lot of these reasons. It seems like a very easy way to rake in a shitload of money for her team and to have a very cozy next 2-4 years but to let actual career growth suffer. I'm happy if she is, but I can't help but wonder if this was more a "safe choice" that was pushed on her by her greedy team.

2 hours ago, Dirk said:

and Mariah's "caution" :queenie:

Well, between Taylor's Reputation and Christina's Liberation, Britney's Domination makes it clear who's on top, who's still somewhere in the middle, and who needs to catch up :cardi:

34 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah but weed comes in a wide variety there’s sativa which makes you more “awake” and indica is more relaxing and there’s many different levels. It’s no different than her taking chemical medication as we can see in the past the side effects, especiallly the ff era

like I said, it can cause problems and of course it depends on the strain

1 hour ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

For their next trick they'll delete all of Brit's videos from Vevo along with their views before uploading them with Britney Tweeting, "Some of my older videos were too saucy so we've edited out all the nasty bits and you can watch them again now." There'd be nothing left of Slave :(

Delete it fast before Larry can read this :badthoughts:

49 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm worried because I don't know how we're gonna nickname it :tiffsniffle:  POM almost writes automatically from my fingers. How are we gonna call it? Britney DOM? Britney D? D? 

BD? :gimmemoar:

I think it's interesting and fresh. The question is, will the WHOLE show stick to the same theme? Or we'll still have the Circus section, the club section, the Missy Elliot section, Jungel, etc? 

Was literally thinking about this earlier. 

I like Britney DOM. 

Reminds me of the good days of POM 

I'm so happy I can't be disappointed since I wasn't actually expecting anything great from her. :akii:

One thing bugs me a little though, I mean it's funny how a few years ago they were pretending that since she was a mother she wanted to look less provocative and stuff but now her residency is called "Domination" and her prerogative perfume's ad (and the residency) seem to be SM themed. I just find that funny. And Domination, when she serves lukewarm water when she's on stage, is a bit contradictory in my opinion. :zoomzoom:

Of course, my biggest hope is that I'm wrong and she can pleasantly surprise everyone with a great show. But...:yaknow:

I stayed up until 11:00 to watch the announcement and I got a little disappointed:mhm: 

She was late and I expected her to at least talk with the audience:mhm: 

anyways, she was looking nice but for some reason 2018ney has me worried :decisions: she didn’t really look stunning in any of the appearances and for some reason I feel like her nose is even thinner :omg: so do you think her team is actually photoshopping everything to make it look like Private Showney again? 

I hope for great, Onyx inspired looks for the opening night honestly :yeaok: 

I expect her to release something between today and the opening of the show, like, she can’t start a residency/tour without any new material to promote right ? Please tell me no :omg: 

what kinds of visuals are you expecting? I need it to be inspired by Onyx Hotel tour and the Blackout album booklet, the dark theme of this promo pictures are already getting to me :demi: 

I’ve had  my disappointments yesterday about the announcement but overall I’m excited af :demi: the only thing to make it more perfect in my opinion is to drop one single in Halloween and another somewhere in December, then another one in January and boom, the album around the time the residency is about to start. 

Your thoughts? :pumped::qtbrit:  

Archived