10 year anniversary: Circus and her COMEBACK

kejotik

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perspective really changes everything. Back in 2008, I thought she was so strong and ready to come back and give us all a good show. 

Looking back, I realize it went all wrong. She should have taken a break and although I do believe she was strong, I now believe she was putting up more of a front and was still very depressed and emotionally unbalanced. 

She said art is therapy but Britney needed a real therapist and time away from the fame.

I am now Britney’s age in 2008 and I can’t help but feel horrible watching FTR. I really feel for her. Somehow, I feel something is still wrong with Britney’s emotional state today and Idk how to feel as a fan anymore :wontcry:

BUT, I will say, Circus was my first Brit tour and I had so much fun. Also, Circus came out with some of my fave bops (If You Seek Amy, Kill The Lights, Blur). She also looked gorgeous circa winter 2008.

Wow 10 years, who would have thought. 

I wasn't her fan then as I've said in my introduction here on Exhale about a week ago, but I remember reading articles on Croatian local newspapers, magazines, internet news-portals etc about Britney's big comeback and world tour, and her pic sitting in the air, maybe singing Everytime. And it said that she was 27 (in 2009) and I was thinking wow she is actually young if she is having a comeback at only 27, and many music or movie stars START getting really famous at that age (I already loved MM back then and knew she got really huge at 27 back in 1953).

So I was cheering for her too, although I wasn't a fan :)

Was a great comeback but when you look back at it she wasn’t ready. She was only in hospital months prior. 

I do think she enjoyed the era though because I think she thought after the tour had finished she would be free from the c-ship but when it wasn’t and then she done FF era you can tell something was wrong in that era. 

But overal circus era was amazing because she was everywhere again for good reasons this time. She had solid performances she looked like her prime self and the tour was by far her best IMO because really it was a Tour for Blackout which I ain’t mad at :)

2 hours ago, Mr_Steven_Spears said:

Was a great comeback but when you look back at it she wasn’t ready. She was only in hospital months prior. 

I do think she enjoyed the era though because I think she thought after the tour had finished she would be free from the c-ship but when it wasn’t and then she done FF era you can tell something was wrong in that era. 

But overal circus era was amazing because she was everywhere again for good reasons this time. She had solid performances she looked like her prime self and the tour was by far her best IMO because really it was a Tour for Blackout which I ain’t mad at :)

It was a tough time. I feel like there’s so much behind the scenes that wasnt let out. And as bad of a place as she was in, I think ultimately it was about helping Britney get back some stability in her life, so that she could regain some of the custody rights with her boys. Ugh I can’t this is heart breaking :crying2:

Ok y’all have me in my feels right now with this Circus comeback talk. It wasn’t the ideal, perfect comeback that many fans may have hoped for. Looking back, it’s clear there were many issues at play. But when I think about the big picture, and the incredible inner strength it must’ve taken for a person to go through such a harrowing, devastatingly painful life experience that was 2006-07, And come out the other side the way Britney has, I mean. :crying4: and I mean this truly, Britney’s whole narrative of redemption and survival is such a testament to her character and strength. I know this may sound a bit cray, or dramatic or whatever to some. Her prime era was marvelous yes. But this part of her life, is the real marvelous narrative for me. Ultimately, I really do think many people—fans and others—-will always be rooting for Britney and just want to see her thrive and be well. I think maybe some of that goodwill isn’t always expressed the right way and can come off a bit harsh. Britney is amazing.  :crying1: sorry this thread just put me in a state or something :mhm:

6 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

THIS and the other photos from the shoot have never looked like Britney. I remember looking at these photos in the BOMT booklet and wondering who the **** is this girl.

Think you have the wrong thread, boo. :) 

Archived