Would it really be a good idea for Brit to retire though?

sweeetyme

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not think she's going to retire, but I do not think she's going to release more albums as often as she did before. She has already had its peak and is no longer the center of attention and on the one hand is good, on the other hand does not have the attention of people as before and so has less buzz around and sells less. What is likely now and next year is that she launches a greatest hits or something of the genre to commemorate her 20-year career, take POM to other countries / continents where she has not been and probably come back with another residency in Las Vegas (but for 2 years) and with a new album to have a new show. Then she should stop for a few good months, get pregnant again, find inspiration for a new era / album, take singing and dancing classes, and take the time she need to be motivated to take her legacy back to another level. However it should not disappear from the media, because the Britney brand has to continue to yield, so will continue to give interviews, launch perfumes and even venture to launch something new.

I do not think Sam is a loser, because even though he's a lot younger, he already has a life story behind him just like her, and I think he makes her very happy and feel like a teenager again (in a good way).

After this tour she won’t have an audience anymore, nobody wants to see her live CRAP.

I have never seen a more bad review than tonight’s show in Sweden.  “A freakshow” “she should pay her fans to see this complete garbage show” “choreo looks like a child did it” “she’s killing off her reputation/cult status in front of us”.

And I agree. She has to stop doing this, it’s embarrassing.

I don’t think retiring is the solution. I think taking a real break is. No interviews no music no photo shoots. Just enjoying the life she has with her boys. If she keeps a journal or something during the time off it would be great for referencing for new material after like a 18 month break. And hopefully she will be out of the C-ship and have a new team so she can put out an album SHE wants. Screw what everyone else wants her to do, she should have complete control over the next album 

2 hours ago, ToxicMadLove said:

I don’t think retiring is the solution. I think taking a real break is. No interviews no music no photo shoots. Just enjoying the life she has with her boys. If she keeps a journal or something during the time off it would be great for referencing for new material after like a 18 month break. And hopefully she will be out of the C-ship and have a new team so she can put out an album SHE wants. Screw what everyone else wants her to do, she should have complete control over the next album 

I agree with this. She needs a break. Which could bring anticipation to whatever she does next.  Although I do think she's going to retire in her 40s.

She's barely stopped working since her breakdown in 2007 which is an absolute disgrace.

One thing Larry Rudolph better get into his ******* head is that the ONLY reason Britney has a career right now is because of 2005-2008, which has nothing to do with him. 

Plus all the rest of his clients have been failures under him.

I think retirement is a bit much but she definitely needs about 5 years off. She looks exhausted! Take 5 years off, spend valuable time with family and record a truly great album. I don’t think she is having fun at the moment which reflects with her performances on stage. She didn’t even know she was performing in Brighton for Christ sake :wontcry:

On 8/11/2018 at 10:45 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

Geez. You guys make it sound like she's over the hill.

Janet Jackson just had her first baby at what, 50 years old?

36 is young. Very young. In fact, 40 is young. Madonna released Ray of Light at 40 and it was her best work.

That being said, yes I do think Britney should retire. The money would stop rolling in and the c-ship would disappear. And then after a few years she can re-launch her career with a new Team and start over fresh.

That’s not retiring though? That would be a break. 

26 minutes ago, Kisle said:

That’s not retiring though? That would be a break. 

Well, she could tell people she's retiring. And then wait to see if the c-ship disappears. 

If it does, then a couple of years later she could come out of retirement for some low key special projects. And then slowly work her way back to the top again.

Archived