Would it really be a good idea for Brit to retire though?

sweeetyme

So we've seen the videos or we've seen it live.. she looks out of it, tired , sad .. whatever it is. It does look like it would be best if she retired but:

Her boys aren't little kids anymore. They're teenagers so they're getting more and more independent , going to college or wherever they want in a couple of years.

If Britneys relationships continue the way they did until now she'll be single , taken, single ,taken etc. But nothing consistent.

Unless she gets pregnant by another loser (she does have a bad taste with men) she'll have a baby to take care of.. but she's not the youngest anymore so who knows.

Which means... In 6-7 years max. She's gonna be sitting in her huge mansion all by herself (and her dogs) , no job, noone to take care of and no decent guy. I doubt she'd be happy with that situation? 

I guess it's inevitable but I donno it worries me a bit.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys... you're over-exaggerating this so much... After 2007 she had up n down moments... long moments!

Circus was great,
Femme Fatale low with little highs,
XFactorney was painful to watch,
Brenda Joanney was ok,
Pretty Girl era was (kinda) better... (talking bout energy and presence)

but then in 2016 we've had a REBORN again! That was GLORYNEY!
New material, new era, new energy, new people! We've had Billboardney, VMAsney (GREAT)

This untill 2018ney! New Year's Eve was GOOD! Again the same thing we've been know from 2013, but GOOD energy...
Now she's slowly turning off! 
[You'd be BORED as well with a 5 years old show you do almost every night] 

I think she just need some NEW MATERIAL as new album, new songs, new shows to feel more into it.

And I hope the London shows will be recorded because she does usually better when she is recorded.

I'm sorry I dunno much about Sam but he doesn't seem like a loser at   all. if anything, he seems like the most genuine guy britneys been with since Justin. the fact that we don't know much about him and he keeps out of the limelight makes me actually thinks hes a decent guy. If you compare it to when she was with Kevin, they were doing numerous magazine shoots, did a reality TV show, he then attempted a rap career which was hilariously embarrassing,, So I actually think Sam is actually decent

Mind you, does anyone know what Sam does for a living??

16 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

I'm sorry I dunno much about Sam but he doesn't seem like a loser at   all. if anything, he seems like the most genuine guy britneys been with since Justin. the fact that we don't know much about him and he keeps out of the limelight makes me actually thinks hes a decent guy. If you compare it to when she was with Kevin, they were doing numerous magazine shoots, did a reality TV show, he then attempted a rap career which was hilariously embarrassing,, So I actually think Sam is actually decent

Think he's a model.

I personally don’t think it’s a good idea because Britney is still young and has plenty more years of career left in her based off her legacy alone, as well as plenty of potential for a major comeback in the future if she wishes. On a personal note, I hope she doesn’t because I love her music and performances and would like to continue to see them. Then again, if she wants to, she certainly has the money to sustain herself through retirement or at least a very long hiatus. 

Geez. You guys make it sound like she's over the hill.

Janet Jackson just had her first baby at what, 50 years old?

36 is young. Very young. In fact, 40 is young. Madonna released Ray of Light at 40 and it was her best work.

That being said, yes I do think Britney should retire. The money would stop rolling in and the c-ship would disappear. And then after a few years she can re-launch her career with a new Team and start over fresh.

1 hour ago, jonloch1 said:

Model and personal trainer

This is my prediction for how I see her career panning out.

A Vegas residency in 2019, but maybe only for a couple of years. I know she's big but I don't think she has the draw anymore to do another 4 year residency like Celine. I think she'll probably release a couple more albums to tie in with Vegas and then maybe retire in her 40s. 

I think it would be good for her to do whatever is in her heart, whether that’s retiring or making new music or a new residency etc. I think as her fans we should support whatever she wants to do. Of course we all want new material and to see her out there but if Iran not making her happy she should stop. Britney has dedicated most of her life to this and she shouldn’t have to be a slave to this industry anymore if she doesn’t want to be, esp because that wouldn’t be healthy for her.  With that being said I think she would get pretty stir crazy and maybe get an itch to start working on new material or maybe do something completely different.  Britney has flopped back and forth reguarding what she sees herself doing in the more distant future but the one consistent thing that she has seemed to say is that she would like to have more kids so whether that’s with Sam or anyone else or no one, if that would make her happier then maybe that is what she should pursue. She clearly loves her boys and seems like an amazing mom to them. At the end of the day she is a human before being a performer and she has to do what makes her happy when she looks back on her life 

I know we are getting another Vegas residency after the tour...so this isn’t realistic, but I would LOVE if her next era included a tour or show with JUST the new material from her new album.  Her new albums always seem to go by the wasteside...and I imagine she feels more in-touch with her latest material.  She really showed “Femme Fatale” love during the FFT and, oddly enough, when I went to the show in DC... “Trouble For Me” probably got the biggest amount of cheers from the audience.  I was super bummed when she didn’t do many Circus songs during TCSBS and was bummed when only WB and Perfume (and the select times she did Alien) were added to POM.  

Seriously could you imagine Britney announcing her retirement. Could you imagine the meltdown :zoomzoom: even after so many fans said that she should retire. Lmao I wouldn’t have a meltdown I would seriously be okay with it. If I were Britney I would be so over her fan base at this point. Never happy lol

17 minutes ago, G-unit said:

I know we are getting another Vegas residency after the tour...so this isn’t realistic, but I would LOVE if her next era included a tour or show with JUST the new material from her new album.  Her new albums always seem to go by the wasteside...and I imagine she feels more in-touch with her latest material.  She really showed “Femme Fatale” love during the FFT and, oddly enough, when I went to the show in DC... “Trouble For Me” probably got the biggest amount of cheers from the audience.  I was super bummed when she didn’t do many Circus songs during TCSBS and was bummed when only WB and Perfume (and the select times she did Alien) were added to POM.  

This is true.... she has said how she hates performing Oops and Baby one more time but im sure if she did this lots of fans would complain. These songs have always just been like a staple since they  were so huge but she’s over Them   :notatall:  as it is when people complain that they wish she would perform Sometimes and Not A Girl I’m like :wtf: I loved those songs too but wouldn’t even want her to perform them at this point. She’s 36 yeats old imo it would be weird to hear her singing that she’s Not a Girl not yet a woman. Anyway I agree she does get more excited with the new stuff. It’s easy  To complain about how bored she looks but this girl has performed these songs to the death and she prob hates a lot of them at this point lol. I like your idea but wonder if I would  ever happen 

Archived