Videos don't do POM justice debate..

The Greatest Show

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO that's just an excuse, i talked about it in the Smukfest Festival thread and this is what i wrote when i read once again that the videos don't do POM any justice! "...and for God's sake stop saying that this messy show is better in person!!! the atmosphere it's obviously better when you're there, but that's it. I never heard a good review of this show when it comes to her performing skills everyone talks about the atmosphere, the screaming fans, the setlist, the lights and the dancers! and when they talk about Britney in their reviews they talk about her fixing her hair, playback and all that stuff..."

I just love that TCSBS is the standard for great performing now when it was so hated here for years.

I’ve never seen POM, so I can’t say what it looks like in person. I can just say if I saw Britney Spears performing in front of me I’d probably be a little more in the moment than when I’m watching Instagram videos to see if she did good. And I think that’s what everyone means. Not that it’s s completely different show, just that you actually enjoy it. 

Well, live shows are just fun. You’re surrounded by fellow stans, and feeding off their excitement. Plus, 9 times out of 10, you’re at least mildly intoxicated. I think people mistake the adrenaline and excitement with “good show and good performer.” That being said, I’m glad if most of the attendees are in fact enjoying the show, whether or not it’s objectively good, because they definitely paid enough money to deserve a good time.

2 hours ago, Iexpectyouto said:

I just love that TCSBS is the standard for great performing now when it was so hated here for years.

I’ve never seen POM, so I can’t say what it looks like in person. I can just say if I saw Britney Spears performing in front of me I’d probably be a little more in the moment than when I’m watching Instagram videos to see if she did good. And I think that’s what everyone means. Not that it’s s completely different show, just that you actually enjoy it. 

It wasn’t hated for years. It was hated during the time because ppl thought she did a lot of walking. Which she did but we figured she was still the same prime Britney. So not seeing her dance much turned ppl off. Little did we know she barely can dance anymore so circus’s production, setlist, changes, most costumes are now looked at as pretty darn great. Which they are imo

Circus Britney was the last time to me where she seemed normal. Like that Britney had the most potential to be primeney

Well, it's not like she's singing live or dancing amazingly when you're there, and for an unknown reason the videos don't show that. But it really IS different. It's better.

When I went to Vegas, and I was right there watching her onstage, she looked so beautiful, even though she had the panda eyes, I don't know if it's the lights or what, but even the ugly outftis, like the red one, looks so sparkly and cute, that you ALMOST understand why she's wearing it.

I can't attend this tour, so I don't know how it is to be there, and she's been seriously getting worse, so I can't really say anything. But at least what I mean about Vegas that being there is better, is that even though you know she's lipsyncing, you know she's not doing the original choreos, or at least something similar to her old style, that isn't enough to ruin the whole experience.

Yes, the atmosphere, the crowd, listening to Britney's hits at such a loud volume that makes your whole body vibrate, nothing of that gets ruined because of whatever she's doing onstage. Her music catalog is so strong that it saves the whole show. If the setlist was mostly new songs, probably you would hear people complaining more often, because by not knowing the songs, they would focus just on her instead and all the flaws would become more noticeable.

Now if you're a casual fan or some kind of music critic, you would probably be counting all of the flaws and mistakes, but when you're a true fan, that have been waiting to see her live since forever, her sole presence is an amazing experience, and your life feels complete, as crazy and sick as it sounds because that's what fans do.

This Europe tour and the increasing tics though, I repeat, I would have to be there to confirm if everything else is still as good to not be ruined by it, so I really cannot tell.

I guess It's just what others already said, it's better in person not cause of the show, it's the same show, but cause of the general atmosphere and hype that surrounds you and the fact that you are seeing her there in the flesh is probably enough for a stan to get him past the obvious mediocrity

11 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

It wasn’t hated for years. It was hated during the time because ppl thought she did a lot of walking. Which she did but we figured she was still the same prime Britney. So not seeing her dance much turned ppl off. Little did we know she barely can dance anymore so circus’s production, setlist, changes, most costumes are now looked at as pretty darn great. Which they are imo

Circus Britney was the last time to me where she seemed normal. Like that Britney had the most potential to be primeney

Agree to disagree sis. Circusney has good days. The very seldom choreo was performed with energy, she seemed to enjoy herself, and the original costumes and production were great. However Britney also had days where she looked absolutely miserable, her costumes very quickly were cut up into messes and the production was slightly watered down as the show progressed (still great though). The bottom line is, circus on most days was worse than POM is today when it comes to Britney’s energy and semi-apparent awareness onstage. The production is cheap, the looks are bad, the choreo is pretty awful, but everything we hate about POM we hated about circus. TCSBS had better production even when watered down, but Britney’s energy and overall amount of choreography is much better. People just like complaining.    

11 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

I guess It's just what others already said, it's better in person not cause of the show, it's the same show, but cause of the general atmosphere and hype that surrounds you and the fact that you are seeing her there in the flesh is probably enough for a stan to get him past the obvious mediocrity

Exactly!! However, comparisons to previous videos show that Britney used to be a much better performer. Also, saying that the show is better in person because of the atmosphere, effects and lighting, does not justify the fact that Britney is being lazy, has numerous tics and appears to have zero passion.. It’s just an excuse made by britards to justify her lackluster performances..

Archived