The Official Britney Spears Piece Of Me Tour Thread: Brighton, UK - August 4 (Brighton Pride)

26 minutes ago, kasavas said:

can you link to that?

If someone doesn’t post it. I’ll look for it. I believe there was a thread on here. Britney’s insta posted about the attack and than Britney In an interview didn’t seem to know much about it. 

I only remember it because fans were freaking out. 

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

I mean, what everyone else has said. She showed Rosie around her tour bus back during the Oops tour, and took various interviews and stuff on her bus(es) for the Britney era and In The Zone. They've got beds on the bus, plus kitchenettes and the like, so that's having to make breaks or stop for the night out of the way. As for Britney, it's likely what someone else said about getting there with the boys first so she has a day to show them around.

:yaknow:

I have the oops bus that came with the doll from back in the day. 

I felt like I had to share that info. Ha

People need to stop acting like Britney is the only working person in the world. She's been doing that for years, yes! And that's why it's even more surprising that she seems less professional than she used to be. The excuses need to stop I think at some point. :nydisgust:

9 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

If someone doesn’t post it. I’ll look for it. I believe there was a thread on here. Britney’s insta posted about the attack and than Britney In an interview didn’t seem to know much about it. 

I only remember it because fans were freaking out. 

She knew about attack, but thought Selena Gomez was on stage short before tragedy 

1 minute ago, Chris88 said:

People need to stop acting like Britney is the only working person in the world. She's been doing that for years, yes! And that's why it's even more surprising that she seems less professional than she used to be. The excuses need to stop I think at some point. :nydisgust:

There is no excuse for what she currently is....but lazy. 

If she isn’t capable of improvement than retiring should have happened. Or brand stuff and just music. 

Britney Spears review – glitzy, crowd-pleasing spectacle

Preston Park, Brighton

Spears seemed on edge as she delivered the high-energy hits but the adoring Brighton Pride revellers roared their approval.

‘Who is it?” screamed the Brighton Pride audience. The early evening sky in Preston Park was rose gold as Britney Spears laughed, swished her ponytail and lip-synced the opening line of her dark dance banger Gimme More, which a few glitter-decked revellers wore emblazoned on T-shirts today: “It’s Britney, *****.”

It has recently become a trend for fans to shout that question at Spears, as she takes her $138m-grossing, career-stabilising Las Vegas show on the road. It’s a fun in-joke, a meme that both artist and fanbase are in on. But perhaps most importantly, it raises a smile from a performer whose live performances in the past decade have often seemed detached, if you’re being kind, or dead-eyed, if you’re not. Sign up for the Sleeve Notes email: music news, bold reviews and unexpected extras Read more Spears’ shaky live reputation doesn’t seem to matter to the mainly LGBT crowd in Brighton. The park today feels like gay Comic-Con: a drag queen struts in a stitch-perfect “Toxic” flight attendant outfit, complete with jaunty pillbox hat, and one group dresses as Spears incarnations from schoolgirl to majorette.

The air seems to fizz with electricity, and when she does appear, in a cloud of dry ice and a promptly discarded top hat, a roar erupts that feels like a Boeing 747 taking off. She keeps audience banter to a minimum. Instead, she constantly moves, writhing, pointing, skipping across stage, and dramatically throwing her body to the ground. It’s a trade-off that makes her seem a little distanced, and you’re left to wonder if it’s worth it. Spears doesn’t always keep pace with her dancers, which is particularly noticeable in the complex Me Against the Music choreography, but she seems committed to keeping the BPMs high and the routines gymnastic.

It’s a shame: you could imagine rousing singalongs to classic ballads such as Everytime and Lucky. Britney Spears performing at Pride. When Spears plays the hits, or even the sort-of hits, the reaction is galvanic. It feels as if a riot is about to break out during her 26-song set’s opening one-two punch of Work ***** and Womanizer, and for Toxic – one of the 00s’ oddest, most brilliant pop smashes – there is an acre-wide whoop as Spears is flung through the air by dancers. It’s fitting that the show is almost spiritually camp, from the ringmaster jackets of Circus to the hunks in harnesses during Slave 4 U, who would fit in perfectly at the park’s sweaty Brüt men’s dance tent.

A 2003 deep cut, Breathe on Me, raises a rapturous cheer for its spoken-word portion during which Spears huskily intones: “Just put your lips together and blow.” Despite the adoring crowd, Spears sometimes seems on edge, adjusting her ponytail and smiling tightly at the end of songs as if to ask: “Was that OK?” When she loosens up, it’s infectious. Do You Wanna Come Over, a skippable track from Spears’ 2016 Glory album, becomes an unexpected highlight with dancers clad in neon sportswear, while the final song, Till the World Ends, during which confetti rains and Spears brandishes a rainbow flag, feels like the closing party Pride needs. Spears titled the show Piece of Me after her 2007 song that flips media narratives about her as “Miss bad media karma” and coolly wields them like a mace. Her performance at Pride doesn’t have that song’s bite, but is propelled by Spears’ undeniable hits into a glitzy, crowd-pleasing spectacle. At its heart, Spears is an uncertain presence, but she seems happy to still be at the party."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/aug/05/britney-spears-review-preston-park-brighton-pride

Pretty positive review of her show in England from the Guardian.  I get that fans who don't attend her show and only watch youtube/social media clips of her performance might 'lash out' but lots of people who've never seen her/attended her show  before find her show very entertaining.  What else are people looking for from the (four+ year old show) Piece of Me?

Obviously her next Las Vegas show, which her manager said is something they're working on that's going to be "completely different", is the real litmus test

Just now, falka said:

She knew about attack, but thought Selena Gomez was on stage short before tragedy 

Yes that was it. Thank you.

Her instagram clearly indicates that it was ariana but she said it was Selena. She clearly didn’t post that. 

That is one of many where what she said didn’t add up to what was posted. 

13 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

There is no excuse for what she currently is....but lazy. 

If she isn’t capable of improvement than retiring should have happened. Or brand stuff and just music. 

Exactly. If she can't give good performances anymore and give a **** about where she is or what she does, retirement is the best option. Because she's making a fool of herself and it's so sad to see. 

8 minutes ago, CHEETOH said:

I just checked Instagram and I saw a post of the user: theoriginaldoll, and Britney was Crying during the bow at the end of POM :bpout: what do you think it was, 57,000 people attending or something else?:thinkney: 

she knew the media will drag her down for having no idea where she was

Archived