The Official Britney Spears Piece Of Me Tour Thread: Brighton, UK - August 4 (Brighton Pride)

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone on my facebook is absolutely raving about her show and some people are wondering how Brighton Pride will top Britney for next years headline act. The press gave her rave reviews. I'm not even in England at the moment, but I can feel just how much people are loving her at the moment there. I feel like after FFT, THIS is exactly what she needed. I know we pick apart her dancing and I know this thread will turn into a bash Britney free for all, but let's just enjoy people ENJOYING Britney again!! She's still got dates left in the UK, so I hope the momentum keeps up in time for her next era!

2 minutes ago, AndyFoster said:

but let's just enjoy people ENJOYING Britney again!! She's still got dates left in the UK, so I hope the momentum keeps up in time for her next era!

I let the ending sentence of a german news outlet writing about POM in Berlin express my feelings towards POM:

The performance of music is supposed to arouse emotions. If dancepop manages to make you very sad, that's a great achievement.

Guest Diamond Horse

DAMN! NOT EXHALE NOW?!! The world is such a dark place :D The floor beneath Britney's feet is lighter than most of the world anyday

Just now, Steel Magnolia said:

My lord.

Focus on her torso during that video clip from Brighton. It's like a tree trunk -- it doesn't move. :wontcry:

She clearly has horrible anxiety. There's no other explanation for it. (Is there?)

I'd blame medications. We can pretend she isn't, but it's clear to me she's still under the effects of it. There have even been explanations as to why she dances better when her hair changes (and she can't take some meds temporally).

11 minutes ago, bananathesnake said:

Even with everything bad, I still rather watch Britney's actual routines than Beyoncé's Zumba any day.:ehno:

(waiting for @LEMONADEGLORY to come in and brag about how good Beyoncé is and stuff)

Britney could never outperform Beyoncé. Y’all are so obsessed with name dropping her but lets be real, Beyoncé is a legend in her own right and can still DANCE and SING LIVE. Britney is only famous for her name at this point... she is not a good entertainer anymore.

1 minute ago, 2K16NEY said:

Britney could never outperform Beyoncé. Y’all are so obsessed with name dropping her but lets be real, Beyoncé is a legend in her own right and can still DANCE and SING LIVE. Britney is only famous for her name at this point... she is not a good entertainer anymore.

Beyoncé ain't ****, try naming anything by her GP (specially non-lgbt) still remembers, other than Single Ladies and fail. Britney, on the other hand...Baby, Oops, Slave (specially with the snake performance), Toxic, Gimme More (and sadly, in companion with the VMA performance but still), damn, even Work ***** is more on public conscience and mind than anything by Copyoncé Zumbowles. 

3 minutes ago, bananathesnake said:

I'd blame medications. We can pretend she isn't, but it's clear to me she's still under the effects of it. There have even been explanations as to why she dances better when her hair changes (and she can't take some meds temporally).

I figured it was a lack of medications -- for her to feel alert (unlike the FF era), she's skipping the meds. But that's opening her up to a sort of paralysis onstage.

Maybe. Who knows?

Archived