The Official Britney Spears Piece Of Me Tour Thread: New York City - July 23

Innocentney

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Sadly I think the only things Britney would change would be scrapping POM performances and having shorter shows. She's become so lazy and she's been "over" this whole popstar thing since 2003. 

That's exactly what I'm getting at. I think she would take a break (maybe a year or more) and then come back, but come back with the career that she envisioned in 2005 and 2006 while she was still with Kevin. She may flop badly with it, but she needs to experience the flopping to know what it feels like. Flopping is how we all learn and grow.

8 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

That's exactly what I'm getting at. I think she would take a break (maybe a year or more) and then come back, but come back with the career that she envisioned in 2005 and 2006 while she was still with Kevin. She may flop badly with it, but she needs to experience the flopping to know what it feels like. Flopping is how we all learn and grow.

But she already flopped in 2013 and 2016. BJ and Glory. :tifftear:

10 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

THIS!!!  She needs to flop.  And by flop, little ticket sales and atrocious album sales.  Like ti where her label says to get to work or they end her contract.  She hasn't flopped.  Her shows sell out immediately.  She'll then need to decide to retire (which she easily can with her money) or put her heart into her singing and dancing again.  No one is expecting 21 year old Britney when she's 36, but try hard and work for it,  Be in-sync with her dancers, promote her music, connect with the audience and potential fans

2 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

But she already flopped in 2013 and 2016. BJ and Glory. :tifftear:

But she flopped with those because she was still shoehorned into the "innocent vixen" brand that she so clearly dislikes.

Glory was closer to her vision when it came to the music...but her record company didn't fully support the album. Or they were going to, but something happened with the video (I don't believe it was scrapped because it was too ****...she seemed really pumped about it during filming) and the record company stopped promoting the album after that.

Or...I don't know, but the creative vision for her career needs a complete reset.

18 minutes ago, PieceOfT said:

THIS!!!  She needs to flop.  And by flop, little ticket sales and atrocious album sales.  Like ti where her label says to get to work or they end her contract.  She hasn't flopped.  Her shows sell out immediately.  She'll then need to decide to retire (which she easily can with her money) or put her heart into her singing and dancing again.  No one is expecting 21 year old Britney when she's 36, but try hard and work for it,  Be in-sync with her dancers, promote her music, connect with the audience and potential fans

Exactly.

She may be flopping when it comes to album sales, but she's not flopping when it comes to her money makers -- her fragrances and her concert tickets.

She needs to experience what it feels like to have to cancel a tour due to poor sales...Or more like her Team needs to experience it. I have the feeling Britney would be relieved.

In the back of her head she's always going to wonder what her career would be like if she was in complete control. I can't imagine her ever being totally happy until she's holding the reigns and has the ability to make her own mistakes.

22 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Exactly.

She may be flopping when it comes to album sales, but she's not flopping when it comes to her money makers -- her fragrances and her concert tickets.

She needs to experience what it feels like to have to cancel a tour due to poor sales...Or more like her Team needs to experience it. I have the feeling Britney would be relieved.

In the back of her head she's always going to wonder what her career would be like if she was in complete control. I can't imagine her ever being totally happy until she's holding the reigns and has the ability to make her own mistakes.

Agreed.  And if she's happy with failure, then retire.  No one should have to keep on doing something they hate to make money for other people.  As much as I want her to continue, don't half-*** it.  But this is all theoretical...  her ticket sales (and fragrances as you reminded me) are strong

Archived