The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Summer Tour Kickoff Thread

joeylibcam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i've been seeing a lot of complaints (some justified, some downright ridiculous) but my question is, for those who are disappointed in Britney's performance (not costumes, props) but her performance as in choreography and stage presence, do you currently have tickets to an upcoming show?  

My 13th Britney Spears concert is next week.  While I can't judge too much based off of bad quality videos online, I'd say it looks similar to Vegas without the spectacle.  I'm not sure why, but I always expect some major transformation from her after a break but I think we need to come to terms with the fact that this is it.  If we continue to go to her shows nothing is going to change.  I will be a fan for life, but I know why i'm only going to one show and not 3-4 like I could have.  I may not continue to attend her concerts though if i'm not satisfied.  

1 minute ago, Spongbob said:

I think she was nervous hopefully she gets better with time

Oh please y’all say this every time after every first show. “She’s nervous. It was her first show back she’ll be better the second and third shows.” :nyheadache: Every first show back she is STIFF and it’s all terrible. It’s been FIVE YEARS of the same **** show. If Britney can’t get it to-and-gether on the first shows after all this time.., 20 years of having “first shows back” including 5 years of doing the same lame *** show then there’s absolutely NO hope for her as a performer. No excuse for this mess.

vocal is the last thing that people want in britney concert . all they want is to dance , dance and see Miss britney live. people who want vocals they can go to that boring adele show or xtina when they can sit for 2 hours thinking about their exes

2 minutes ago, generation glory said:

Oh please y’all say this every time after every first show. “She’s nervous. It was her first show back she’ll be better the second and third shows.” :nyheadache: Every first show back she is STIFF and it’s all terrible. It’s been FIVE YEARS of the same **** show. If Britney can’t get it to-and-gether on the first shows after all this time.., 20 years of having “first shows back” including 5 years of doing the same lame *** show then there’s absolutely NO hope for her as a performer. No excuse for this mess.

But it's not the same show and we know Britney gets stage fright so it's only fair to give her until the second show to judge

I think she’s stiff because she isn’t bothering to stretch before the show

Im spotting the same moves over and over. There’s a new two arms in the air wave used in Slace and Clumsy and maybe even CYM, lots of bend over and touch the floor in all songs, etc.

She needs a new choreographer to get her into a new movement style. They’re recycling simple cheerleading **** and boy/girl paired spinning over and over

Im sure thins is slightly better in person - blurry videos lose a lot of nuances for dances - but if POM is gonna go on forever they need to bring in some guest choreographers like they did for Femme Fatale to make each performance unique. Every dance break is the same 4 simple moves. 

im sorry im really not the kind of person to have a meltdown. Over the past few rough years ive always looked for the positive and given her the benefit of the doubt when things go wrong but this honestly is just a new level for me. Im really disappointed in her performance tonight it honestly looks like she maybe rehearsed the 2 news songs and thats it. Im not turning in my stan card or anything lol but its just very disappointing that the princess of pop put on that lazy show after having the past 7 months to rehearse :nochillbrit:

I just really wish she would come out with new music AND do a new tour all over again. Why does it have to be the same recycled show over and over again for 5 years? As much as many of us criticized the hell out of the Circus and Femme Fatale tours, it used to be pretty exciting to get all new songs and a whole new tour to perform them. I really enjoyed it even though some of them weren't my favorites.

Archived