The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Summer Tour Kickoff Thread

joeylibcam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

LOL--Mess 

I'll still love Britney b/c she continues to delivery great music. But Britney as a performer....chile... #byegorl 

This is Janet Jackson at 52 Y/O

Let that marinate

This is embarrassing. I don’t want the general public to see videos of Britney’s show. I mean we’re fans and we’re dragging her to filth. Imagine the general public. 

Not her looking flawless in the m&g and with that lazy PONYTAIL on stage opening night!!!

can we ever get EVERYTHING 100% :tiffanycries:

this thread has me dead :ohi:

i really wasn’t expecting much, but I am excited for clumsy. I might get a ticket now!

anyone who has seen my posts knows I’m not cappycorn delusional but the energy in person is way different. These videos may seem trash but being tipsy, hearing the songs and seeing her in person is different. I hate that there’s no catwalk tho so damn... maybe it won’t be the same as Vegas 

CLUMSY THO 

the generic critically acclaimed gp club banger smash that got away 

I WANNA HEAR IT LIVE WITH THE BASS SO BAD OOPPOOOHDSHSBAMT GOOOOOOD IM SO JELAOUS

2 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

Not her looking flawless in the m&g and with that lazy PONYTAIL on stage opening night!!!

can we ever get EVERYTHING 100% :tiffanycries:

this thread has me dead :ohi:

i really wasn’t expecting much, but I am excited for clumsy. I might get a ticket now!

anyone who has seen my posts knows I’m not cappycorn delusional but the energy in person is way different. These videos may seem trash but being tipsy, hearing the songs and seeing her in person is different. I hate that there’s no catwalk tho so damn... maybe it won’t be the same as Vegas 

CLUMSY THO 

the generic critically acclaimed gp club banger smash that got away 

I WANNA HEAR IT LIVE WITH THE BASS SO BAD OOPPOOOHDSHSBAMT GOOOOOOD IM SO JELAOUS

You’re conpletely correct, the atmosphere takes the show to another level.

21 minutes ago, Cleopatra said:

Oh shut up

It's obviously the truth.

She basically has been performing without much pause since 2008, much like 1998-2004, except with mental illness, medications less confidence from public traumatic breakdown etc...

Here's a great article foreshadowing all of this a decade ago:

Britney Spears’ pop-tart image was created as a fantasy for the average man, but since her brush with the ugly side of fame, she’s been subjected to the average female nightmare. The public, and press, have leveled at Spears a litany of critiques that are familiar to everyday women: she’s lost her *** appeal, she’s a bad mother, she’s “crazy,” she’s fat, she’s over the hill before the age of 30, she’s angry and out of control. When Spears smashed her teen-queen facade by shaving her head, acting out, and being less than impeccably groomed, the public reacted with loathing and voyeurism; now, Spears’ “comeback” consists of losing her legal independence and at 27 (her birthday was just a few weeks ago), being micro-managed back into the same role she had as a comely teenager—the role that may have caused all the problems to begin with.

On Sunday night two weeks ago, MTV aired a Britney-approved documentary in which she opened up about her life for the first time in years. But the two hours of TV were more tragic than triumphant. In between moments of happy rehearsals and studio antics, the film focused in as Britney tearfully described her current life as “sad,” plagued by angsty boredom despite the rehearsals that are supposed to give her joy. The documentary included a moment in which Spears said that every day to her now feels like “Groundhog Day,” as well as some shocking footage of her car being mobbed by paparazzi and her handlers shielding her with a sheet as she shopped. Spears said she longed to take walks without being hounded, to “feel the crispy air... be a part of the people.” One of her entourage expounded: “The only time she’s free is when she’s in a closed four by four space.”

In light of all that, it’s been disturbing this week to watch Spears go through the motions of performances meant to highlight her toned physique and ability to do some rudimentary dance moves. One wonder whether Spears is ready for this “comeback,” or whether the army of male managers, including her dad, have foisted it on her because they don’t know what else to do—and she’s their cash cow. A woman who has been in the public eye since before she could make decisions for herself can’t break away from her abusive lifelong relationship with her audience, as their ***-object, squeal inducer and punching bag.

Writing about Britney in the midst of this blatantly-engineered publicity blitz is problematic: by paying attention to her, we are feeding the machine that keeps her in a cycle of public humiliation and redemption. We are reinforcing the presentation of a person—a woman—as merchandise. But Britney’s story is hard to ignore because it brings up so many disturbing reminders of society’s treatment of women, particularly our bodies. In the Spears explained that she shaved her head as “a form of rebellion” and a way of “feeling free... shedding stuff that had happened.” The reason that the world reacted so violently to the shaved scalp was she was rejecting her beauty and turning herself into something other than an object of desire. Similarly, her mid-routine kiss with Madonna remains a hot topic years later because Madonna, who presents herself as an empowered, highly sexualized, aggressive women, was symbolically seducing and converting Britney from virginal teen queen into something far more threatening.

With all these classically ****** overtones to the Britney drama, it’s no wonder that women are reacting so personally. On Jezebel, several (excellent) threads about Britney have drawn out commenters’ own experience with eating disorders and mental illness. Britney is an object of fear, obsession, pity disgust and love for women because her journey—at least when it comes to scrutiny of her appearance and relationships—is ours writ large. She has suffered through breakups, family problems, pregnancies, body image issues, (rumored) postpartum depression and defiant self-destruction in front of millions. Many women suffer through at least some of these things. Sure, they do it with a smaller audience, but they often feel the same humiliation when they get caught in sweatpants or with unshaven legs, behave unthinkingly, make bad romantic choices, grow out of their adolescent bodies, get dismissed as crazy, are frowned upon as irresponsible parents or, after giving birth, are desexualized and resented.

The obsession with her thinness is perhaps the most blatant of these problems. As Rebecca Traister wrote last year after Spears’ infamous VMA performance: Wonder why your daughters have eating disorders and hate their bodies?

Maybe because they’re reading reports that label the thin young woman dancing around in a bra and panties physically unappealing and obese.

Indeed, after that performance, the AP wrote, with its tongue not far enough in its cheek, that Britney’s physique was the “most unforgivable” aspect of her performance. And now that she can bare her midriff without shame, she is considered healed. Her father, cried during the documentary because his daughter was “beautiful” again.

Talk about unhealthy messaging. During that flabby midriff era, Britney may have been controlling her life and image the only way she knew how: by flouting public requirements. The reality is we don’t know what Spears really thinks or feels beyond the clues she offered on TV. What we do know is that her handlers, parents, managers, paparazzi and the public may have irreparably damaged her life for profit and gratification, leaving her trapped between being a wind-up-toy and a train wreck. Perhaps that’s why so many are rooting for this woman’s comeback by buying her album, even as it feeds a vicious cycle for her and all of us.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/sarah-seltzer/the-britney-show-a-pop-pr_b_150923.html

2 minutes ago, Martini said:

she looks GORGEOUS but seriously, he looks like he's posing with a cardboard cutout of her...

(While she looks great) Why does she look so different here than in interviews/red carpets?

She must be absolutely completely secure with herself to not be consistent with her appearance and never care that scores of people are nitpicking her.

But it does show she is a very, very strong individual.

7 hours ago, NiceSpears said:

1. Even though The Femme Fatale tour didn’t sell out every date, she did fill arenas in 2011. That tour did not flop.

Argument failed.

2. She did sell out big arenas last summer in Asia(not to mention Tel Aviv). Yet again without being active in the region and barely any promotion.

Argument failed. And, yet again:

3. She is doing some of the biggest arenas in Europe this summer and selling out. That without having an album out and without being active in Europe for years.

Argument failed.

I don’t know what your problem is. But you really need to put her down bc of some weird reason all the time. But I do know you need to do some research and also learn a little bit more about the business and how bookings, touring and that market works if you wanna come here like you know **** and tell us Britney isn’t successful anylonger.

Conclusion- you fail. 

Bye :mcwave:

Yes to this

2 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

(While she looks great) Why does she look so different here than in interviews/red carpets?

She must be absolutely completely secure with herself to not be consistent with her appearance and never care that scores of people are nitpicking her.

But it does show she is a very, very strong individual.

she's an enigma because i think on one hand she really cares (social anxiety, plastic surgery, facetuning her photos etc) and then on the other hand she seems like she really doesnt give a **** most of the time. lol

i havent watched videos and no britney isnt like she was in 04 but yall do realise this is the first night and first anthing in america outside of vegas since 2011  everyone knows how she is when shes first doing stuff look at her first night of the vegas show in 2013 give Britney a chance 

Archived