The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Summer Tour Kickoff Thread

joeylibcam

I think we all just need to come to terms with the fact that this is Britney from here on out. I don’t even feel excited about her like I used to, and that hurts to say. Her team is putting absolutely no effort into her career, and clearly she doesn’t give af either. Everything she does is about fast money. Think about it, they have put out like 5 fragrances in the last year, with no new promo shots, commercials, etc. Make Me Video was thrown together last minute, during the same time she took Glory cover art. All of her singles have features, but still don’t do well on air play. It’s all about how to suck a dollar out of the loyal fans, with minimal return to us. And you know why, because we continue to spend on her because we love her & always will. I think she honestly needs to retire & spend her time with Sam & the kids, like we all know she wants to.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know I'd be in the area of a show at the time that tickets went on sale. If I had, I would have gotten the cheapest ones (which were still over $100, I've seen way better shows for far less). By the time I knew I would be in the area (couple of months ago), the only tickets available were like $350 and they weren't even good seats. After seeing the videos tonight, I'm SO glad I didn't waste my money. It would have been fun to go regardless of the disappointment but that's a lot of money for a shitty show.

There’s no hope left for the tour

I did enjoy Clumsy though, kt works well as a live performance, and she didn’t Have too much time for her ticks as there was choreo throughout most of the song.

She needs a new choreographer next era, if there is one

the rest though, did we expect anything different? It has been bad For 5 years, and it’ll stay that way. Hopefully it was her being nervous since it was the first show.

slso I find it weird that several of the moves are just like the same.

oh well there’s always the shitty thing called hope for next era

5 minutes ago, Ringleader34 said:

Well, not to get off topic since I didn't want to go into props and costumes but yeah, I get that this is a theatre show, but yeah, if she's not going to go all out with the dancing her team needs to pump A LOT of money into the special effects otherwise the show does look cheap.  Britney wasn't a strong performer during the Circus tour but the spectacle helped cover that up.  They are simply putting NO money into this tour.  Her prices are on par with other big names, so that's not even the problem - but the show should reflect it.

Well, you said it... it’s a theater show, so they’re limited with what they can do effects-wise. She can’t use the same sets and props that she would in Vegas or on a full-scale tour, which is unfortunate because that only highlights the shortcomings of the show and of Britney herself.

Cmon guys , those of you who are freaking out and pretty much anyone else who's annoyed so far with this tour just want the same thing; we want to see Britney do the things she used to... The launch of a tour used to mean a new show with all new song selection, choreography and outfits. I'm so sad that the same show has been put on stage for like 6 years now. Is it ****** up to say I actually miss the Femme Fatale era?

why doesn't she just have her hair styled as a ponytail before the show even begins? also, she is awful, but that's expected. what's the purpose of her even being on stage anymore? lol her dancers probably love making money for basically doing the tango with zumba infusions. i guess the only thing left of her career, is her 'kind of' singing in the studio? hey, at least they can still sell tickets, right?:begone:

6 minutes ago, Cleopatra said:

Cmon guys , those of you who are freaking out and pretty much anyone else who's annoyed so far with this tour just want the same thing; we want to see Britney do the things she used to... The launch of a tour used to mean a new show with all new song selection, choreography and outfits. I'm so sad that the same show has been put on stage for like 6 years now. Is it ****** up to say I actually miss the Femme Fatale era?

Rip our standards haha

I will say CYM and Clumsy were the highlights tonight. Not just bevause they’re new, but she executed them somewhat decently, even though she looked confused and lost and forgot some stuff

2 minutes ago, jordybitch said:

Lmao y'all are so annoying. Everyone who actually went to the show said how much she slayed and how much they enjoyed it. Why are y'all here checking for tiny clips of the show every day if you've hated it for years? Just, move on.. do something else.. Brit is killing it and y'all are just driving yourselves crazy.

we're tired of the same recycled show for nearly 6 years, were britney fans and like when she performs new ****

Archived