The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Summer Tour Kickoff Thread

joeylibcam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather for her to take a long break (years if needed) and come back with a strong show. It's not even just about her dancing anymore, the show looks cheap as a whole. She's causing so much damage to her reputation with each show... I think she can do a Circus level type of show easily but instead they're still going with POM :awkblink:  

I’m going this Sunday and I know I’m going to have a great time. I always do at Britney’s shows.

My only thing from what I have seen in the videos from tonight, is why couldn’t they change up costumes at the very least? Given the extremely expensive ticket prices, I just don’t get it.

4 minutes ago, Spongbob said:

But it's not the same show and we know Britney gets stage fright so it's only fair to give her until the second show to judge

:umwtf:Umm. No. It bears repeating:

There is absolutely no hope for Britney as a performer. No excuses.  These excuses some of you are coming up with & holding onto are as Weak as water. If you enjoy this mess then good for you.

I’m Gonna quietly read other’s comments. I don’t have anything else to say. :overitkbye: 

Well, not to get off topic since I didn't want to go into props and costumes but yeah, I get that this is a theatre show, but yeah, if she's not going to go all out with the dancing her team needs to pump A LOT of money into the special effects otherwise the show does look cheap.  Britney wasn't a strong performer during the Circus tour but the spectacle helped cover that up.  They are simply putting NO money into this tour.  Her prices are on par with other big names, so that's not even the problem - but the show should reflect it.

4 minutes ago, generation glory said:

:umwtf:Umm. No. It bears repeating:

There is absolutely no hope for Britney as a performer. No excuses.  These excuses some of you are coming up with & holding onto are as Weak as water. If you enjoy this mess then good for you.

I’m Gonna quietly read other’s comments. I don’t have anything else to say. :overitkbye: 

There is definitely hope babe. She's dancing a lot better than she used to (2009-2013) and has every ability to prove it. I just don't understand why they've been doing the same show for 5 years - oh wait, cash grab, I get it. You just know she can do better, and she can

The first clumsy breakdown video ending with the gun spin was ok. The second one after the gun spin is better. You can see she is really trying in that one. I’ll take it. There’s a lot of choreo in clumsy, props to her for challenging herself even if it seems simple. This is her best. That’s hard for her. It is good. I see effort there. I’m happy with clumsy. 

13 minutes ago, Most Dancing Ive Ever Done said:

I think she’s stiff because she isn’t bothering to stretch before the show

Im spotting the same moves over and over. There’s a new two arms in the air wave used in Slace and Clumsy and maybe even CYM, lots of bend over and touch the floor in all songs, etc.

She needs a new choreographer to get her into a new movement style. They’re recycling simple cheerleading **** and boy/girl paired spinning over and over

Im sure thins is slightly better in person - blurry videos lose a lot of nuances for dances - but if POM is gonna go on forever they need to bring in some guest choreographers like they did for Femme Fatale to make each performance unique. Every dance break is the same 4 simple moves. 

THIS!!
That's why none of the new songs added feels unique or special, they ALL look similar...she repeats the same moves every time with different tracks. :tiffsniffle:

1 minute ago, Most Dancing Ive Ever Done said:

The first clumsy breakdown video ending with the gun spin was ok. The second one after the gun spin is better. You can see she is really trying in that one. I’ll take it. There’s a lot of choreo in clumsy, props to her for challenging herself even if it seems simple. This is her best. That’s hard for her. It is good. I see effort there. I’m happy with clumsy. 

True but don't you wish she would finally come out with a new album and tour?

Why are there no decent vids of Clumsy?  Looks pretty decent.  She didn’t do the CYM chores the justice she did in her IG post a month or so ago.

The only thing that really has me pressed is that they axed the only real choreography that Toxic had.  It’s also kind of sad that Britney Spears and her team can’t afford to bring her props on tour.  FFS look at all the giant *** snakes on Taylor’s tour.  Britney is still making hella money...they can afford it...

Archived