Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, Katy Perry And More Stand Up For Bullied Tennessee Student Keaton Jones

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Keaton is a viral sensation because of his honest and emotional reaction to getting bullied in school.

Keaton Jones is a viral sensation because of his honest and emotional reaction to getting bullied in school.

Keaton's mom posted a video of her son crying because kids in school bullied him. It's worth mentioning it was Keaton's idea to be filmed and share his story. The youngster says they made fun of his looks, but he stood strong and relayed a powerful message: bullying is NOT OK.

“Just out of curiosity, why do they bully?” he asks tearfully. “What’s the point of it? Why do they find joy in taking innocent people and find a way to be mean to them? It’s not OK.

“People that are different don’t need to be criticised about it. It’s not their fault. If you are made fun of, just don’t let it bother you.”

In just a few short days, the clip has been viewed more than 22 million times and caught the attention of some of the world's biggest music superstars, including Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez and many more.

UPDATE: As there typically is, a plot twist has since been uncovered. It appears that Jones' mom Kimberly is racist and an opportunist. Her Facebook account featured several photos of her posing next to the Confederate flag. She also created a GoFundMe page which has already collected more than $60,000 and plans on using that money to buy her family Christmas gifts. I just don't know what to think.

See the reactions below:

A post shared by Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) on

Thoughts on Keaton Jones' bravery? Leave us a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I feel bad for him, but for real almost everyone has been bullied at some point in their life. I’m not condoning it, but it almost makes us stronger in a way. And I’m sure he’ll get stronger after this.

Everyone experiences bullying differently. It depends on how strong emotionally, and psychologically one is. People can only take so much before breaking down. 

Personally, I decided to drop out of school because of some really nasty bullying, although a couple of weeks later child protection forced me to go back (something I'm extremely thankful for since I wouldn't have my college degree, and career right now). I look back and feel really frustrated with myself that I did't stand up for myself. I would take none of that crap if it were today. But, at that time, I found myself completely broken by it. 

The point is, this is why - in my opinion - this video came to be. This poor child probably couldn't take it anymore, and wanted to send out this message. I like that people are reacting to it, and admitting is is not okay to drive anyone to this point. 

I honestly will never understand why some people find pleasure in making others feel miserable. And, it's only getting worse with the internet; people take advantage of its anonymity to spread hate, and be mean to each other. It's sad, really... 

3 minutes ago, HAUNTED said:

Everyone experiences bullying differently. It depends on how strong emotionally, and psychologically one is. People can only take so much before breaking down. 

Personally, I decided to drop out of school because of some really nasty bullying, although a couple of weeks later child protection forced me to go back (something I'm extremely thankful for since I wouldn't have my college degree, and career right now). I look back and feel really frustrated with myself that I did't stand up for myself. I would take none of that crap if it were today. But, at that time, I found myself completely broken by it. 

The point is, this is why - in my opinion - this video came to be. This poor child probably couldn't take it anymore, and wanted to send out this message. I like that people are reacting to it, and admitting is is not okay to drive anyone to this point. 

I honestly will never understand why some people find pleasure in making others feel miserable. And, it's only getting worse with the internet; people take advantage of its anonymity to spread hate, and be mean to each other. It sad, really... 

You make good points. I agree, I don’t understand it either. Unfortunately, bullying just seems like one of those things that are never going to go away and we just have to do our best to cope with it. Also schools need to make it easy to report incidents so they can contact the parents.

The video literally broke my heart into million pieces!! Him shaking and crying broke me!! :crying2: 

EDIT: 

Holly twitter just exposed the crap outta of that family, apparently he got bullied because he called black student with the N word! 

His family have a big history with  racism! All the receipts on twitter, he's trending #1 world wide for all the wrong reasons! 

3 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

You make good points. I agree, I don’t understand it either. Unfortunately, bullying just seems like one of those things that are never going to go away and we just have to do our best to cope with it. Also schools need to make it easy to report incidents so they can contact the parents.

I agree. Schools need to take more action, and be better mediators. And, also parents need to play some sort of role in relaying some kind of anti-bullying message to their kids. I think a lot can be achieved/learned from home. :verycool:

As much as I want to believe this is all a genuine thing, I feel like his mother is exploiting this child, and this is a PR opportunity for celebrities to post "charitable" things. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised. Plus, I've already heard the mother is a racist who started a gofundme. Lots of kids get bullied everyday, some probably worse. Do they get showered in gifts and money? 

26 minutes ago, OutrageousSin said:

The video literally broke my heart into million pieces!! Him shaking and crying broke me!! :crying2: 

EDIT: 

Holly twitter just exposed the crap outta of that family, apparently he got bullied because he called black student with the N word! 

His family have a big history with  racism! All the receipts on twitter, he's trending #1 world wide for all the wrong reasons! 

Hmmmm :ineedthetruth:

I don't know how to feel with that update.... no one should be bullied, period, but was this all a lie? How did she make a GoFundMe, also? Based off of this, her child being bullied? As someone else said (I think it was Danny), we should all be getting money, in that case. I'd love to make sure Christmas is ensured for my family just by profiting off of all those times I was picked on in school.

:grimace: Let's hope nature rules out over nurture and wasn't at play in his being bullied.

Edit: So it was racism that got him bullied? Does Twitter have receipts?

Archived