Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, Katy Perry And More Stand Up For Bullied Tennessee Student Keaton Jones

Jordan Miller

This turned messy real quick :tehe:

Honestly, my first thought was publicity. I saw this in Reddit yesterday (didn't watch it though and still haven't). Is bullying a huge issue? Absolutely, and it needs to be addressed in some way. But, why would anyone want to post something like this online? Is nothing private anymore? I dunno, there's other ways to handle things then running to the Internet. Just my thoughts though 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JustLuvMe said:

Why do people bring this up like it's an issue that needs to be stopped, like yeah it sucks but we all go through it at some point in our life. It's human nature everyone experiences it and does it in some sort of way :outwithit:

To be honest, I kinda agree. I think it's super ****** up and kids can be cruel, but we've all been there at some point. 

A friend of mine was bullied as a kid and he says it was a good thing. He learned self defense so if anyone ****** with him they'd be sorry. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's a lot more respectable than crying on the Internet :/ We're raising a generation of wussies. Sad to say but it's true. 

Decided to go on Twitter and check it out, some MMA fighter (forgot his name, was cute though:giggleney:) contacted his mother and offered to fly the kid out to meet some of the fighters and see the matches and the mom said all she wanted was for him to share the gofundme page:tiffcackle: her response when asked why she had the page was 'Christmas is coming'

some people are so damn shady! Sucks to be someone who donated to it, never trust people on the Internet, right @Britneybbhmm:groovin:

Guest Diamond Horse
5 hours ago, Dripping For Britney said:

Wow :whitney:

I can’t get that boy In that video out my mind I wish i can give him a hug and beat the **** out them kids that pick on him .I don’t care if they kids **** YOU !!

She is letting her animal part do the talk :gloria: 

Which can be cute sometimes, in a way, but also wrong ofc.

36 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Decided to go on Twitter and check it out, some MMA fighter (forgot his name, was cute though:giggleney:) contacted his mother and offered to fly the kid out to meet some of the fighters and see the matches and the mom said all she wanted was for him to share the gofundme page:tiffcackle: her response when asked why she had the page was 'Christmas is coming'

some people are so damn shady! Sucks to be someone who donated to it, never trust people on the Internet, right @Britneybbhmm:groovin:

(:hahaha: I ******* can't at the end there.)

Yeah, I read it. I read his whole conversation with her and saw his video. I just... wow. Also, then I found out it was because the kid said the N word, like.... :nopingout: Nurture won. Ew.

5 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Wait she created a gofundme?! Me and my siblings went through some childhood bullying, I wonder if my parents can exploit it too :tiffanynod:

Literally everyone has gone through bullying, i don’t get why people make a big deal of it now.

Yes, there are some cases where it is serious and there should be a punishment but everyone has gone through some type of bullying

We shouldn’t baby these kids and act they aren’t going to get bullied when they will some day.

Sorry for the rant, it’s just something that’s been making me mad recently :mattafact:

Bullying sucks but it happens to just about everyone. I think its better to teach kids to have self esteem and not let others opinions get to them so much instead of coddling them and babying them because then they're not gonna have the strength to handle problems in life. This does not a need a damn gofundme page or any of the other attention its getting. I do feel bad for the kid but this is just all unnecessary and yeah his mom is trash. 

3 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Ok, so according to developments, the MMA fighter was talking to someone on Instagram pretending to be the kid's mom. The GoFundMe wasn't even set up by her, but by some random dude with no connection to the family (which makes me wonder if they'll even see that money at all... :decisions: )

2 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

(:hahaha: I ******* can't at the end there.)

Yeah, I read it. I read his whole conversation with her and saw his video. I just... wow. Also, then I found out it was because the kid said the N word, like.... :nopingout: Nurture won. Ew.

And even more developments, there's no confirmation whatsoever that Keaton was using slurs at school, let alone that being the reason why he's being bullied. The way he was speaking about people who are different not being at fault for being different and not being picked on for standing out doesn't mesh AT ALL with some schoolyard punk dropping n-words left and right to me.

Me personally, my mother is incredibly racist and discriminatory, but I have never been like that. I still get my ignorant moments every now and then, but I try to evolve and change every day. Until we get concrete proof that the bullying against Keaton was retaliation, I have to believe he's innocent. He's only a child, after all.

10 hours ago, HAUNTED said:

Everyone experiences bullying differently. It depends on how strong emotionally, and psychologically one is. People can only take so much before breaking down. 

Personally, I decided to drop out of school because of some really nasty bullying, although a couple of weeks later child protection forced me to go back (something I'm extremely thankful for since I wouldn't have my college degree, and career right now). I look back and feel really frustrated with myself that I did't stand up for myself. I would take none of that crap if it were today. But, at that time, I found myself completely broken by it. 

The point is, this is why - in my opinion - this video came to be. This poor child probably couldn't take it anymore, and wanted to send out this message. I like that people are reacting to it, and admitting is is not okay to drive anyone to this point. 

I honestly will never understand why some people find pleasure in making others feel miserable. And, it's only getting worse with the internet; people take advantage of its anonymity to spread hate, and be mean to each other. It's sad, really... 

They're emotional vampires and it's their feeding session. Doesn't matter if you cry in front of them. They can look at a person and see that the person will more than likely cry when they get home. 

And like you, I'm also frustrated that I didn't stand up for myself. I was afraid--scared I'd get in a lot of trouble for standing up for myself and scared I'd get my *** handed to me if I did try. I'd fight back now because I realize what I lost because of what I went through. And I'll be honest and say that even reading about bullying stories makes me want to punch my fist through a wall. It upsets me that much. Some people aren't fortunate enough to let this **** flow off their back like water off of a duck's back. Words tend to stick with some people for the rest of their life, especially if it concerns their looks. 

I don't think what I went through made me stronger. I think it made me very distrustful of people tbh. For the people not doing a damn thing to some of these people and it's like they put a target on your back. They have that axe to grind the second they look at a person. 

Archived