We'll find a way to miss POM

ovoxo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, abbiesbanned. said:

POM is nice because she's performing regularly, everyone is going to moan so much when she isn't performing regularly or doesn't perform for over a year or so :imoknocry:

Exactly! What other time have we gotten to see her perform on a daily basis for YEARS. 

I guess we'll have to see if quality>quantity :mcry:

I won't  :groovin:

How can you miss the fact of having cool new music but being left out and completely ignored to perform old songs from 20 years ago over and over and over again?  :beyfedup:

We love throwing to trash the BJ album but believe me, had it been well promoted and proper singles, performances, appearances, etc. it wouldn't have felt that bad.

3 hours ago, Million Billion said:

I won't  :groovin:

How can you miss the fact of having cool new music but being left out and completely ignored to perform old songs from 20 years ago over and over and over again?  :beyfedup:

We love throwing to trash the BJ album but believe me, had it been well promoted and proper singles, performances, appearances, etc. it wouldn't have felt that bad.

as much as this thread is filled with POM dislike, lets not pretend that Britney rehearsing POM excuses the fact that her and her label scrapped songs she recorded a year before with big producers, over Will.I.am tripe that Britney for the most part didn't bother to sing on. 

There are reasons why I dislike Piece of Me, but that's not one of them.

The one thing I'll miss about Piece of Me is the fact that it did give us a reason to expect/demand more from Britney, because she proved she could do it.

Lets be honest, Circus tour had attitude and production but lacked in actual choreography, Femme Fatale had production but lacked in everything else. When Piece of Me started, although it was exciting that she was starting a new show (and the first show had potential to go up from there), but it did make us feel like we'd never see ''Britney'' again: She still looked unhappy, didn't interact with the crowd, sure she was dancing a bit more but it wasn't a lot and overall, suffered from the same lethargy the FF tour had. 
We had a bit of a revival when she dyed her hair, and she hit parts of the choreography harder, and then we had a year and bit of lack of interest, laziness, cutting choreography, bad costumes, wigs etc....

...and at some point in 2015 (I do believe it was around the time of Pretty Girls tbh), something kinda changed. While it wasn't immediate, it was a change. From the april through to the may/june, she seemed more engaged than she had been. 

and then Mermaidney happened, and ran through to the end of the original POM show, and carried through to 2016 with the revamp. Something sparked in her again, and while we can't excuse her laziness now, we know that its not that she CANT dance, or be energetic, or sing live (or any of our worst fears from 2009 through to 2015), it just she's bored. It
doesn't excuse it but its better I guess.

We used to complain that all her choreography was edited and choppy (it was), but now, we can see her perform a routine sharply, live. Even with I Am BJ, the toxic performance, it was all part of the edit that made it incredible, compared that to the 2016 BBMA's Toxic. 

and that's just on her skills, she's happier and healthier than she's been in what? 14 years?  
As much as we dislike POM's messiness, because in the name of Cher, its messy, when you looked back at what we had before it, we can't deny POM has been beneficial for Britney, the person, and as delusional as that sounds, that's one thing I will miss about POM.

The issue will be on what Britney does next: She (or we, as fans) can't use POM as a scapegoat anymore. If she releases music, she won't be able to just use the routines she did for three years. She won't get away with not doing choreography ''because she's bored of it after four years'' because it will be new, and her and her team won't get away with not investing, or promoting because its reliable. Britney will have to channel this new found energy and deliver something more than POM level, or face huge backlash from fans, who excused it somewhat as POM has started to come to a close.

Archived