Does anybody know why Brinni hates HIAM?

CristMont

Just now, jennyj said:

SHE doesn't get to choose what songs on the tour.  If you watch FTR, she clearly gave opinions on tour songs and singles, and they didn't listen to her. :(

Just because it's not on the tour or a single, doesn't mean she doesn't like it.  That's out of her control sadly, unless she's able to escape that messy team of hers and get one that actually supports her creative freedom.   That being said, HIAM was a bop, but I hated the MV lol.  But glad some people liked it.  I hope it'll be on her text show/tour... minus that horrible chair/hairography routine lol.

Hun. We literally saw her pick the setlist during I Am Britney Jean. She wanted to perform Alien and she got her wish, cutting Do Somethin' and going out there sitting on that chair lipping to the glitched vocals.

Enough of the "Britney is a slave" mindset. It's clearly not the case for Vegas. She's in control. She chooses to wear tacky outfits, she chooses to water down choreo, she chooses her own setlist and she chooses to lip.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Hun. We literally saw her pick the setlist during I Am Britney Jean. She wanted to perform Alien and she got her wish, cutting Do Somethin' and going out there sitting on that chair lipping to the glitched vocals.

Enough of the "Britney is a slave" mindset. It's clearly not the case for Vegas. She's in control. She chooses to wear tacky outfits, she chooses to water down choreo, she chooses her own setlist and she chooses to lip.

I feel like she's always had a lot of control over her career when it comes to tours. She's really not a product as everyone makes her seem.

1 minute ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I feel like she's always had a lot of control over her career when it comes to tours. She's really not a product as everyone makes her seem.

I mean, I used to believe in that slave mindset too, but let's be real here... would a controlling team allow Britney to lip to pitched CD vocals, water down choreo, destroy costumes, have badly drawn makeup, tie her hair up in a messy bun for half the show, etc.?

No, Britney's clearly making her own decisions here.

9 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I mean, I used to believe in that slave mindset too, but let's be real here... would a controlling team allow Britney to lip to pitched CD vocals, water down choreo, destroy costumes, have badly drawn makeup, tie her hair up in a messy bun for half the show, etc.?

No, Britney's clearly making her own decisions here.

Exactly. I think she was kind of a slave during FF tour but now you can tell she enjoys it, she just doesn't want to put the work in all the time.

It's one of her best songs.. it's a perfect blend of Britney's pop sound mixed with her harder sound. It's one of her #1's & the song has some mighty power live..

The video is "artsy fartsy" and glitter/smoke/mirrors BUT I gotta be honest. There is something odd about the imagery & the story it tells. There are so many profound statements made in that video using imagery & effects.. a lot of it leaning more towards a darker side of what it is to be Britney. 

Maybe the video is what puts her off.. BUT is there any acknowledgement that she doesn't like it? I mean.. maybe it just didn't make the cut for POM due to the fact that it was just done for FF Promo & Touring 

8 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I don't think she hates it. They chose it as a 1st single and she opened her tour with it. It's ridic that it wasn't in POM tho, it was a lead single and it's one of her few #1's. But just bc it's not in the show doesn't mean she hates it. In that case she hates most of her songs.

It would be epic in the neon section with the lasers going off for the breakdown

9 hours ago, December02 said:

Ok so for the FF (and BJ) album she has implied that she didn't have much input (Jonathan Ross interview). It also makes sense considering that Dr Luke was all over that album and he seems to take alot of control when he's working with artists. She also seemed to be medicated in some sort of way (her voice, dead eyes, sluggishness, mannerisms, weight gain), or she was sick. I mean her voice in the beginning of the era did sound like she had a cold or something. Think S&M remix. That would probably explain some of it. She probably isn't in love with Criminal either considering she's basically having *** with her ex in the video... There's also the possibility that she doesn't hate the song, but just doesn't have it in the show. It's more of an opener track than something you can throw in the middle and since WB is the opener, that's not going to change.

Mte HIAM is Brinnis JAM, she just saving it for the B10 Tour :urite:

6 hours ago, jennyj said:

SHE doesn't get to choose what songs on the tour.  If you watch FTR, she clearly gave opinions on tour songs and singles, and they didn't listen to her. :(

aw poor britney :tiffcackle: yet she wears those hideous outfits no designer would put their name to :tiffcackle: britney isn't a slave ffs :tiffcackle:

12 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

This:truthtea:

Also, let's be real. If it was in POM everyone here would be saying she ruined a 'flawless' song with the lack of cheoreo, bad costumes, hairflips, etc. It's probably a good thing it's not included:dorkney:

she already did that with every other performance of the song though :awks:

8 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She brought back DLMBTLTK for Femme Fatale though, after not performing it since 2002. She didn't even perform Criminal and it was a single LOL she probably dislikes that song too.

But not including HIAM, a #1 single and a record breaker of 400k debut digital sales and radio spins in a day? After 4 years? In a GH show? Putting flop singles, album tracks and tributes to other artists instead? While the other two hit singles from the album had their time to shine?

It's clear she's not fond of this song.

In the FF promo interview (she was wearing the yellow top) she said that her fave tracks from FF were TTWE, HATLM and Criminal. Not choosing a song for a show doesn't mean she doesn't like it.

28 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

In the FF promo interview (she was wearing the yellow top) she said that her fave tracks from FF were TTWE, HATLM and Criminal. Not choosing a song for a show doesn't mean she doesn't like it.

She added HATLM to the tour though. She's doing a GH show and she doesn't include one of her #1 hits throughout the 4 years of the show and a revamp? She does not like the song and it's ok. She's not going to hate you for liking it.

15 hours ago, Camilo said:

When did she say she hate it? it's like saying she hated Gimme More because she didn't perform it on the walkus tour, I've been loving HIAM lately so much, I get so excited when I hear it at the gym and I'm not lying :Lshark: it sounds so good. It was flawless and innovative back in 2011. 

Walkus tour :cuteneylaugh: Faaaaaaacts :cuteneylaugh:

Archived