Does anybody know why Brinni hates HIAM?

CristMont

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I don't think she hates it. They chose it as a 1st single and she opened her tour with it. It's ridic that it wasn't in POM tho, it was a lead single and it's one of her few #1's. But just bc it's not in the show doesn't mean she hates it. In that case she hates most of her songs.

54 minutes ago, Camilo said:

When did she say she hate it? it's like saying she hated Gimme More because she didn't perform it on the walkus tour, I've been loving HIAM lately so much, I get so excited when I hear it at the gym and I'm not lying :Lshark: it sounds so good. It was flawless and innovative back in 2011. 

It's one of her few US #1's and she didn't add it over the course of 4 years. Not to mention she slides in everything from Rock n Roll to Freakshow to Alien to the entire ITZ album to a Missy Elliott break... but no HIAM.

She hates it.

17 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

This:truthtea:

Also, let's be real. If it was in POM everyone here would be saying she ruined a 'flawless' song with the lack of cheoreo, bad costumes, hairflips, etc. It's probably a good thing it's not included:dorkney:

Someone with good taste :flawlessbye:

Britney clearly doesn’t like the song and couldn’t care less that it was a #1, she added BOM and TOMH to the show and they weren’t even singles. I want more deep cuts.

28 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Britney clearly doesn’t like the song and couldn’t care less that it was a #1, she added BOM and TOMH to the show and they weren’t even singles. I want more deep cuts.

I never enjoyed HIAM. It's so blahh and Britney never seemed to be into anything from that time period (although she seems to like TTWE decently). 

I like Pretty Girls though, so my taste is questionable at times:tiffcackle::dorkney:

Ok so for the FF (and BJ) album she has implied that she didn't have much input (Jonathan Ross interview). It also makes sense considering that Dr Luke was all over that album and he seems to take alot of control when he's working with artists. She also seemed to be medicated in some sort of way (her voice, dead eyes, sluggishness, mannerisms, weight gain), or she was sick. I mean her voice in the beginning of the era did sound like she had a cold or something. Think S&M remix. That would probably explain some of it. She probably isn't in love with Criminal either considering she's basically having *** with her ex in the video... There's also the possibility that she doesn't hate the song, but just doesn't have it in the show. It's more of an opener track than something you can throw in the middle and since WB is the opener, that's not going to change.

It bugs me that people hate this song so much because it's dated and not as successful as TTWE. 

Its my fav song of all time. I'm slayed every time by every thing. My aux chord is broken rn so during the breakdown it only plays her Adlibs/panting/kisses play and it literally almost makes me crash my car it slays me so hard 

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

We all want that LIVE performance of Shadow, Someday, and Just Like Me :lemmetellu:

1 hour ago, Iexpectyouto said:

It bugs me that people hate this song so much because it's dated and not as successful as TTWE. 

Its my fav song of all time. I'm slayed every time by every thing. My aux chord is broken rn so during the breakdown it only plays her Adlibs/panting/kisses play and it literally almost makes me crash my car it slays me so hard 

Biiiiitttccch :triggered: Come here and break my aux chords please :lemmetellu: YAAAAAS!

I think it's because she doesn't feel it represents her music,

karen kwak said " In Glory nobody came to her with songs and told her 'this is a hit, record it'"

that's probably what happened with femme fatale and britney jean, and why she was so off with those albums. Hardly any song of those albums made the cut. 

:mattafact:

1 hour ago, ShowdownITZ said:

We all want that LIVE performance of Shadow, Someday, and Just Like Me :lemmetellu:

Honestly, if she doesn't sing live for those i couldn't think of anything more boring for her residency. 

She should bring back sometimes, overprotected, bombastic love, outrageous, the hook up, and many more

7 minutes ago, Andrew338 said:

Honestly, if she doesn't sing live for those i couldn't think of anything more boring for her residency. 

She should bring back sometimes, overprotected, bombastic love, outrageous, the hook up, and many more

We don't claim Bombastic Love, but we do want overprotected, the hook up, outrageous, and sometimes with a remix tho because the doesn't fit POM

she didn't want to release whatever FF became. She wanted a whole different style and went with it until her record company started to interfere and wanted a lean towards pop music. Didn't they record like 2 albums (or even more) in complete different styles? I remember secret being the option as a lead single. This could all be a reason why shows barely interest during the FF tour and the lack of FF songs in POM

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's one of her few US #1's and she didn't add it over the course of 4 years. Not to mention she slides in everything from Rock n Roll to Freakshow to Alien to the entire ITZ album to a Missy Elliott break... but no HIAM.

She hates it.

So she hates every song she didn't put into POM? No. She's said before that DLMBTLTK is her fave song of hers and yet it never made an appearance. Come on.

3 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

So she hates every song she didn't put into POM? No. She's said before that DLMBTLTK is her fave song of hers and yet it never made an appearance. Come on.

She brought back DLMBTLTK for Femme Fatale though, after not performing it since 2002. She didn't even perform Criminal and it was a single LOL she probably dislikes that song too.

But not including HIAM, a #1 single and a record breaker of 400k debut digital sales and radio spins in a day? After 4 years? In a GH show? Putting flop singles, album tracks and tributes to other artists instead? While the other two hit singles from the album had their time to shine?

It's clear she's not fond of this song.

SHE doesn't get to choose what songs on the tour.  If you watch FTR, she clearly gave opinions on tour songs and singles, and they didn't listen to her. :(

Just because it's not on the tour or a single, doesn't mean she doesn't like it.  That's out of her control sadly, unless she's able to escape that messy team of hers and get one that actually supports her creative freedom.   That being said, HIAM was a bop, but I hated the MV lol.  But glad some people liked it.  I hope it'll be on her text show/tour... minus that horrible chair/hairography routine lol.

Archived