The perfect song for The Britney Army

joseiloaizach

The song is about how fans idolize celebrities as if they were "Gods" without inperfections, expecting them to not make mistakes in their lives.

Lyrics:

Spoiler

Standing here like I’m supposed to say something 
Don’t hold your breath 
I never said I’d save you honey 
And I don’t want your money 
If I’s you I’d run from me 
Or rip me open 
You’ll see you’re not the only one who’s hopeless

Be sure to put your faith 
In something more 
I’m just a girl and you’re 
Not as alone as you feel 
We all got problems don’t we? 
We all need heroes don’t we? 
But rest assured there’s not a single person here who’s worthy

Don’t let me let you down

Hey baby I’m not 
Your superhuman 
And if that’s what you want 
I hate to let you down 
I got your hopes up 
Now I got you hoping 
But I’m gonna be the one to let you down 

Oh it’s such a long and awful lonely fall 
Down from this pedestal 
That you keep putting me on 
What if I fall on my face 
What if I make a mistake 
If it’s okay, a little grace would be appreciated!

Remember how we used to like ourselves? 
What little light that’s left 
We need to keep it sacred 
I know that you’re afraid to 
Let all the dark escape you 
But we could let the light illuminate these hopeless places

Just let me let you down

Hey baby I’m not 
Your superhuman 
I hate to let you down 
I got your hopes up 
Now I got you hoping 

Oh no I ain’t your hero 
You’re wasting all your faith on me 
Oh no I know where this goes 
Think it’s safe to say your savior doesn’t look a thing like me

Don’t let me let you down

Hey baby I’m not 
Your superhuman 
I hate to let you down 
I got your hopes up 
Now I got you hoping 

Hey baby I’m not 
Your superhuman 
I hate to let you down 
I got your hopes up 
Now I got you hoping 

I think that's how Britney feels now, you can see how she feels a bit "embarrassed" when people compliment her on her successes. I would like Britney to write and record a song expressing how she feels about being famous. I know we already have Piece of Me, but I think her life was very different when she recorded that song.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be an unpopular opinion but am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with the term 'Godney'? 

I get that it's usually just a joke and cute nickname, but I feel like society in general puts celebrities on a huge pedestal when in reality they are human like the rest of us. I dunno, the same goes with any celeb. I have a friend who loves Beyoncé and refers to her as a goddess. I just don't like it :donewithit:

40 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but am I the only one who feels uncomfortable with the term 'Godney'? 

I get that it's usually just a joke and cute nickname, but I feel like society in general puts celebrities on a huge pedestal when in reality they are human like the rest of us. I dunno, the same goes with any celeb. I have a friend who loves Beyoncé and refers to her as a goddess. I just don't like it :donewithit:

I 100% agree. Ur religion is ur God or goddess. I love Britney to death and I like a lot of other celebrities to but I think people put them on way too high of a pedastule for just having talent (or no talent). 

1 hour ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I admit I have used that name, and I use it for fun. But what you are saying is the truth, and it's something that whenever I say it, even though I know it's a joke, I feel uneasy.

Idolatry is kind of evil IMO. We put qualities and demands on our "idols" that only God could fulfill. She is just a human after all, with her flaws and weaknesses like the rest of us, she is definitely not perfect and I think it would make her very uncomfortable if she saw the photos we use her when we refer to her as Godney or the Holy Spearit.

Thank you for saying this btw, I think I needed it to say from the outside. I'm going to stop calling her Godney.

37 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

I admit I have used that name, and I use it for fun. But what you are saying is the truth, and it's something that whenever I say it, even though I know it's a joke, I feel uneasy.

Idolatry is kind of evil IMO. We put qualities and demands on our "idols" that only God could fulfill. She is just a human after all, with her flaws and weaknesses like the rest of us, she is definitely not perfect and I think it would make her very uncomfortable if she saw the photos we use her when we refer to her as Godney or the Holy Spearit.

Thank you for saying this btw, I think I needed it to say from the outside. I'm going to stop calling her Godney.

1 hour ago, Michaelgiftos said:

I 100% agree. Ur religion is ur God or goddess. I love Britney to death and I like a lot of other celebrities to but I think people put them on way too high of a pedastule for just having talent (or no talent). 

Hahahah and I was expecting to get dragged! Glad I'm not the only one who feels it. Like I said, I know most people just use it as a joke but the scary thing is that there are people out there who see their fave as a legit God/Goddess when in reality, these people are just entertainers. 

14 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Hahahah and I was expecting to get dragged! Glad I'm not the only one who feels it. Like I said, I know most people just use it as a joke but the scary thing is that there are people out there who see their fave as a legit God/Goddess when in reality, these people are just entertainers. 

No, you are right. Some people just get carried away and say it as a joke, but when you really think about it it's really scary and I think Britney would feel uneasy as well :notreally:

7 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

This. I hate when people do that.

Archived