Was Britney the cause of her being sexualized in her career?

KatLove

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well she didn't have a gun to her head making her wear lingerie, lay in her underwear in a bed at 17, wear tight red suits, wear schoolgirl outfits etc. She made the conscious decision to put the clothes on her body

i think that answers your question 

9 hours ago, Paris Hilton $ said:

she didn't like the thong concept she said that she felt uncomfortable when the dancer licked her cheek

I think she was playing with the media when she said that. In the making of (Slave), she said she liked the final cut better when it included that scene. Anyway, I've been hearing this since slave aired. Where's the interview that said she felt uncomfortable.

• Super Mods

I feel like it was her doing. The record company and Larry wanted a clean cut girl image and it was probably too close to home for her and so she wanted to create this vixen to make her feel confident and empowered. 

I think she used *** to prove that she's a grown up. And she felt empowered.
She was so eager to show the world what she got. And the spirit is why she's a rock star. 
Every girl (or gay?) was set free along with her.

And that's why I think her post-circus **** image is forced.
Because she's being **** and provocative  to meet the expectation rather than really trying to prove anything.

Guest Paris Hilton $
6 hours ago, Little me said:

I think she was playing with the media when she said that. In the making of (Slave), she said she liked the final cut better when it included that scene. Anyway, I've been hearing this since slave aired. Where's the interview that said she felt uncomfortable.

I don't remember but I've seen it somewhere

I think that she liked the final cut more because it was subtle on the final cut there's not a big plan on that part of the music video

I don't think that she was playing with the medias I'm sure she hated when the dancer liked her cheek it's gross

I think it was a combo (her management saw the reaction she could get by mixing *** with innocence and realized how it equated to dollar signs $$) but Britney definitely ran with it--it seems like it gave her a sense of empowerment and made her feel older, more mature and just generally more wanted and accepted. She equates lust and adoration with love and respect. We all do in some sense! :cinderellaney: I think that's why she still tries to be so overtly ****, to the point it seems forced. She feels like having people's eyes on her=she's still important/liked/revered.

This is from the 2008 cover story in Rolling Stone called The Tradgedy of Britney Spears. I mean who knows, this could be totally untrue but since it's not just some sleazy tabloid, there may be something to it:

"Although the world thought Britney was an innocent sexed-up for the cameras, she was always lobbying to appear sluttier, which she thought would make her appear more mature. From the time she was young, Lynne and Jamie let her walk around the house naked. "Every girl in America was wearing crop tops and booty shorts, and Britney felt like she was being held back," says a friend. "She would joke about wanting to do videos topless." Her managers didn't want to scare off her fan base. "These middle-aged guys were so intense about her not being ****** that they pushed her the other way," says the friend. "They'd tell her to put on a bra or that her lip gloss was too dark. They were literally picking out her panties for her."

With her third album, Britney was told that she could change — a little. It was time to enter the "Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" phase, but she was ready to leave it behind. All the gay dancers and stylists were always having dirty conversations around her backstage, and one day Britney piped up: "God, I want to have hot *** too! I want to have throw-down, hot ***!" Her primary creative collaborator on her tour, choreographer Wade Robson, agreed that it was her time to blossom, and she owned her new image by draping the proverbial snake around her neck while performing "I'm a Slave 4 U" at the 2001 VMAs. Her ****** curiosity got the better of her, and she reportedly began sleeping with Robson, a friend of Timberlake's who co-wrote 'NSync's "Pop" with him. (Both Britney and Robson have denied the affair.) In February 2002, Timberlake discovered a note from Robson in Britney's room. Britney and Timberlake were performing on Saturday Night Live that night, and they sat backstage, miserable — he refused to accept her apologies. The breakup was a terrible shock, particularly as it was followed by Britney's parents' divorce two months later. "No one took the time to say to Britney, 'Let's take some time off here, let's get you some counseling,'" says an ex-assistant manager. "They expected her to have the drive, to dust it off."

On 23.06.2017 at 11:24 PM, Shadow. said:

:squintney: Just because he's gay doesn't mean he doesn't know right from wrong. And it was wrong to shoot a 17 year old teenager in her underwear 

I think that her face expression was more provocative than her clothes :comingthru:

I think a little of it was her being young and naive. Probably wanting to show she was a lot more grown up than she actually was. It's old as times. As girls we think being adults means being more ****** or dressing in any way but it's not really that. And then when we look back we think what we were doing lol. I think that's what happened more than anything. 

That's why I never feel sad about her having this *** kitten image and not growing as an artist because she could have fought to have an image of substance (like other artists do) but for some reason, she didn't. 

On 24.06.2017 at 2:38 AM, KatLove said:

Also it was JT who cheated on her first but everyone blames Britney!!! 

but wouldn't britney say that justin cheated on her first if it was true?maybe justin did cheat on britney before britney cheated on him but ı think if it was the case justin wouldn't be that butt hurt and britney would talk about it.why wouldn't she?especially after cry me a river or justin's talking about britney's cheating openly.ıdk.

3 hours ago, britisthecolor said:

but wouldn't britney say that justin cheated on her first if it was true?maybe justin did cheat on britney before britney cheated on him but ı think if it was the case justin wouldn't be that butt hurt and britney would talk about it.why wouldn't she?especially after cry me a river or justin's talking about britney's cheating openly.ıdk.

IDK. Men are sometimes bad guys. Also, it wasn't like Britney had *** with Wade. It was a kiss, even though cheating is still bad.

Archived