Was Britney the cause of her being sexualized in her career?

KatLove

I read two stories that it was her label that made her be ****** but have that innocent image at the same time when she started out and even today. Look at Slave video and the whole ITZ era. Then I also read that it was she who was comfortable being sexualized and that it was her own decisions. It was her decision with the school girl outfit in BOMT and showing her bra on Rolling Stones Mag when she was just 17! She came up with all of the music videos concepts, clothes, stage performances(VMA'S), and her style. Even the way she would dress off stage with her low rise jeans. Idk which one made Britney sexualized but it did make it synonymous with her and *** sells=Britney. I mean in her prime I think she was the most beautiful woman on Earth and her body was incredible. Even to this day never has the media and public obsessed over her body and her looks. Its crazy. But the ****** look also backfired on her because a lot of people were calling her a ****, *****, cheater, and it didn't help she had affairs with married men or men with pregnant gf. 

Anyways who caused the sexualized mage of Britney? Was it her record label and Britney was the victim or was it Britney herself and made herself the victim?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But you see this idea itself is somehow odd to me, being ****** and **** isn't wrong for a female to do at all, it is a part of the human ideology.

People like to judge when it comes to a celebrities, they're being put in the spotlight and judged if they did something (bad/good) and we forget that they're humans like us whom allowed to do what they want and express themselves.

I do think it was Britney's choice to a certain extent and not her label.

I presume newcomers are desperate for attention and fame to be held in the music market . So she may wanted to be like this  before someone asked for it . And it worked . She was criticized bad ok but people always criticize everything . 

I believe it's was her ideas! 

With this industry *** sales! I doubt she was forced to do it! The most ****** moments in her career was based on her vision! 

Baby one more time outfit

Rolling Stones both covers were her idea! 

Slave outfit was her concept..

She was never afraid to drop her clothes haha she took off her bra in the middle of the street and made the media go nuts in 2003! :gloria: 

I'm sure the label weren't complaining about it, though! 

6 hours ago, OutrageousSin said:

I believe it's was her ideas! 

With this industry *** sales! I doubt she was forced to do it! The most ****** moments in her career was based on her vision! 

Baby one more time outfit

Rolling Stones both covers were her idea! 

Slave outfit was her concept..

She was never afraid to drop her clothes haha she took off her bra in the middle of the street and made the media go nuts in 2003! :gloria: 

I'm sure the label weren't complaining about it, though! 

See this is why I feel that she is stuck artistically. She did all the *** act so much in her prime that when she continues to do it, its boring, But if it was her idea during her prime I guess she was doing it to sell her brand, albums and image and be controversial. 

43 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

The Rolling Stone cover in '99 with Chapelle tells us that she WANTED to have a ****** image hence why it never came across forced like popstars of today. 

Heck its not that it comes forced with popstars today. They just don't have natural *** appeal lol. They try way too hard. Also why did she want to do that cover shoot? Probably regrets it now. 

9 hours ago, *Galaxy Supernova* said:

I mean, there's no real way to tell, it could've been her, could've been the label, but one thing's for sure, the pedos in the industry were drooling. :ipass:

This, i think the producers and photographers wanted this image, she was young and

image.gif

I mean Britney genuinely has always been comfortable with her body (most of the time) and flirtatious but i think her label and media took it to extremes at time.

Like asking about her virginity at every interview when BOMT came out and her " implants" now she's stuck with this Lolita image sometimes 

34 minutes ago, Applejack said:

She tied up her shirt in BOMT, she insisted on doing that 99 LaChapelle photoshoot. She knew what she was doing.

Yeah Britney did like to tease and push boundaries but you can tell when it's natural and when it's forced. And then to take someone who is very gifted and abuse the genuine talent and drive they have

in my opinion, she was like a star that burned too hot

It's worth noting that Britney was all for this shoot:

rs-23696-24344661-24344666-large.jpg

And it was Larry who had such an issue with it that she waited until he left and then instructed David to shoot before Larry got back.

So personally, I think it was a bit of both. Both Jive and Britney knew what would sell.

*Edit: Lol, I just saw Applejack's comment and the remark about this shoot in the OP, but yes. She knew.

No, I think they said it was her idea because they know how creepy it is having a barely legal (illegal in America at the time) girl; being **** in a school uniform, **** bedroom pics, in a bra with a kids toy, and the whole virgin image (they knew what they were doing). It was great marketing but it was creepy getting playing on the fact that if she was a year or so younger, men would be locked up.

As a kid I thought it was awesome and great for girls, but that was part of the plan. I'm not saying her people are kiddy fiddlers  but it was definitely the plan to do the whole Lolita thing. 

That's just my humble opinion of course.

Is that why the media and general public obsessed over her body(abs) and her face and her *** appeal? I have never seen the media do that to a female like the way they did with Britney. Even after her prime I have never seen that. Or maybe they don't have the natural looks, *** appeal and body?

I read in an old interview somewhere that Britney's initial idea for BOMT was more of  'Why don't we make a video about being in school with cute boys' or something of that sort. Then I guess her team developed the idea and ran with it. Anyway, even if you look at Britney during Star search, you can see that she has this natural 'charm' about her. I mean look at this interview at 4:14.  I HIGHLY doubt anyone told her to give such a flirtatious answer.

I think a huge part of it was her team, but it's also apparent that Britney was comfortable with her body as well. 

Archived