Was Britney the cause of her being sexualized in her career?

KatLove

33 minutes ago, KatLove said:

Is that why the media and general public obsessed over her body(abs) and her face and her *** appeal? I have never seen the media do that to a female like the way they did with Britney. Even after her prime I have never seen that. Or maybe they don't have the natural looks, *** appeal and body?

If I remember correctly, the only other people who faced something a bit similar to that was Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson for some time. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Little me said:

If I remember correctly, the only other people who faced something a bit similar to that was Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson for some time. 

Really? Well Britney it seems like her body was put in a high pedestal but I think its because she was an innovator with her *** appeal that was brought in pop music that we haven't seen before. Now every female pop stars follow that blueprint lol as well as Madonna's. But her looks(since she was a natural beauty) and her body were obsessed over. Don't get why female pop stars can't be original and unique. Its not bad taking inspirations from others but literally study the greats and become greater. All forms of entertainment has lost their art.

3 hours ago, KatLove said:

Heck its not that it comes forced with popstars today. They just don't have natural *** appeal lol. They try way too hard. Also why did she want to do that cover shoot? Probably regrets it now. 

Probably to achieve her aspiration of being the next Madonna, the type of artist that pushes boundaries :verycool: I do find it uncomfortable that a grown man thought it was ok to shoot a 17 year old girl like that, the industry is ****** up 

Just now, Shadow. said:

Probably to achieve her aspiration of being the next Madonna, the type of artist that pushes boundaries :verycool: I do find it uncomfortable that a grown man thought it was ok to shoot a 17 year old girl like that, the industry is ****** up 

That makes sense. Because she did take inspirations from Madonna's marketing and followed her blueprint and carved out her own, whilst taking inspirations from Janet as a performer. Honestly I think your right she did all those things to be shocking and controversial and be the FIRST to do it and innovative. Haven't you noticed everything she did in her prime is iconic and innovative and no pop stars of today can match her impact? But I do think she took it way too far with that cover and ITZ era.

4 minutes ago, KatLove said:

That makes sense. Because she did take inspirations from Madonna's marketing and followed her blueprint and carved out her own, whilst taking inspirations from Janet as a performer. Honestly I think your right she did all those things to be shocking and controversial and be the FIRST to do it and innovative. Haven't you noticed everything she did in her prime is iconic and innovative and no pop stars of today can match her impact? But I do think she took it way too far with that cover and ITZ era.

I think if she was older in the RS shoot there wouldn't have been as much of an outrage plus at the time she was America's sweetheart who could do no wrong. It doesn't surprise me that she wanted to shake off that image because it must've been hard to keep up with when you're that young. I don't think posing in her underwear was the right way to go about it though :giggleney:Why do you think she took it too far with the ITZ era? 

3 hours ago, KatLove said:

Heck its not that it comes forced with popstars today. They just don't have natural *** appeal lol. They try way too hard. Also why did she want to do that cover shoot? Probably regrets it now. 

look at her age back then, she was young :nicki2:,regrets?? i dont think so... 

7 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I think if she was older in the RS shoot there wouldn't have been as much of an outrage plus at the time she was America's sweetheart who could do no wrong. It doesn't surprise me that she wanted to shake off that image because it must've been hard to keep up with when you're that young. I don't think posing in her underwear was the right way to go about it though :giggleney:Why do you think she took it too far with the ITZ era? 

Yeah she didn't know better or how to be shocking/controversial without resorting to that. I know she was maturing during ITZ era but part of me feels like her *** appeal seemed a bit forced to me. Like it didn't feel natural. She had natural *** appeal so idk why it seemed so forced during ITZ era. 

Just now, KatLove said:

Yeah she didn't know better or how to be shocking/controversial without resorting to that. I know she was maturing during ITZ era but part of me feels like her *** appeal seemed a bit forced to me. Like it didn't feel natural. She had natural *** appeal so idk why it seemed so forced during ITZ era. 

Really? I think she transitioned into becoming a more grown up artist better than her peers. Maybe there were some moments that were a bit much like that photoshoot Britney talked about in the Diane Sawyer interview that she said she regrets but other than that I don't think it seemed forced. Maybe I'm bias because its my fav album/era :verycool:

19 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I mean the man is gay... lol. LaChapelle got his start working with many other LGBT artists after he dropped out of school because of bullying.

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

I mean the man is gay... lol. LaChapelle got his start working with many other LGBT artists after he dropped out of school because of bullying.

:squintney: Just because he's gay doesn't mean he doesn't know right from wrong. And it was wrong to shoot a 17 year old teenager in her underwear 

3 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Really? I think she transitioned into becoming a more grown up artist better than her peers. Maybe there were some moments that were a bit much like that photoshoot Britney talked about in the Diane Sawyer interview that she said she regrets but other than that I don't think it seemed forced. Maybe I'm bias because its my fav album/era :verycool:

I love Toxic. my favorite Britney song. I meant some moments during that era was too much. Sorry wasn't clear.

4 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

:squintney: Just because he's gay doesn't mean he doesn't know right from wrong. And it was wrong to shoot a 17 year old teenager in her underwear 

Hollywood's art has no filter. It's almost like a movie that shows two teens losing their virginity to each other.

It's one thing if the underage model was abused to do certain tasks, like the issue with Terry Richardson ******** assaulting.

But is it "wrong" if Britney herself wanted to bare it all? Is it wrong if she wanted to show the world how she feels? Should young men and women be stiffled if they want to express their sexuality in a normal way?

When you were younger, did you not want to act grown up? I know I did, I was on apps talking to men 10 years older than me at 17.

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Hollywood's art has no filter. It's almost like a movie that shows two teens losing their virginity to each other.

It's one thing if the underage model was abused to do certain tasks, like the issue with Terry Richardson ******** assaulting.

But is it "wrong" if Britney herself wanted to bare it all? Is it wrong if she wanted to show the world how she feels? Should young men and women be stiffled if they want to express their sexuality in a normal way?

When you were younger, did you not want to act grown up? I know I did, I was on apps talking to men 10 years older than me at 17.

You do make a good point and I know that LaChapelle did nothing wrong its just one of those things that when you think about it you realise how weird Hollywood is 

12 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I'm not undermining the seriousness of this, but you have to remember that things were different in the 70's, 80's and 90's. You were able to do and get away with a lot more things back then. Things that you would probably get jailed for today. 

Just now, Little me said:

I'm not undermining the seriousness of this, but you have to remember that things were different in the 70's, 80's and 90's. You were able to do and get away with a lot more things back then. Things that you would probably get jailed for today. 

I guess this is true aswell. :mhm: 

1 hour ago, Little me said:

I read in an old interview somewhere that Britney's initial idea for BOMT was more of  'Why don't we make a video about being in school with cute boys' or something of that sort. Then I guess her team developed the idea and ran with it. Anyway, even if you look at Britney during Star search, you can see that she has this natural 'charm' about her. I mean look at this interview at 4:14.  I HIGHLY doubt anyone told her to give such a flirtatious answer.

I think a huge part of it was her team, but it's also apparent that Britney was comfortable with her body as well. 

I wonder why she came up with the thong concept for Slave? Or how she cam eup with the crystals all over her body in Toxic.

Guest Paris Hilton $
20 minutes ago, KatLove said:

I wonder why she came up with the thong concept for Slave? Or how she cam eup with the crystals all over her body in Toxic.

she didn't like the thong concept she said that she felt uncomfortable when the dancer licked her cheek

I think the label started some of it and she did the rest, she had a drive to get noticed or to make it big so she went for it. I'm 23 now and I'm always shocked at how old she was when she did these things. When I was little I never knew why people were against some things she did but now I know it was cause of her age. :foh:

1 hour ago, Paris Hilton $ said:

she didn't like the thong concept she said that she felt uncomfortable when the dancer licked her cheek

Really? I always thought the Slave concept was her idea right down to the clothes. I have to admit ever since coming to this website I get to know what the real Britney was like in her prime. I always thought she was slutty and always *** driven. Boy was I wrong. Also it was JT who cheated on her first but everyone blames Britney!!! She is not a **** and never was(well maybe when she had an affair with her backup dancer and why though)?

6 minutes ago, KatLove said:

Really? I always thought the Slave concept was her idea right down to the clothes. I have to admit ever since coming to this website I get to know what the real Britney was like in her prime. I always thought she was slutty and always *** driven. Boy was I wrong. Also it was JT who cheated on her first but everyone blames Britney!!! She is not a **** and never was(well maybe when she had an affair with her backup dancer and why though)?

Do you even know what a **** is? And why did you even come here when you thought she was a **** and a cheater?

Archived