• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that Myah's vocals aren't on the record, or even that they are sometimes way too prominent in the mix or even exclusive (as in the second verse of Body Ache). She's not as present as some of the drama queens make her out to be, but she is there.

Thing is...that's really not anything new for Britney. Her past records have had prominently-featured background vocalists, including on many of her hits.

Examples:

OIDIA - Go to 2:30 - You can ******* barely hear her in the mix; the entire post-chorus is sung by the background singers!

Cinderella - Go to 2:24 - That is NOT Britney, and in the post-chorus, Britney is LOW in the mix, which is dominated by someone with a slightly deeper, throatier tone than Britney

Toxic - Go to 0:40 - Cathy Dennis is more prominent in the mix of the pre-chorus than Britney is! It sounds exactly like the demo!

Early Mornin - The entire chorus is sung by people other than Britney!

Piece of Me - ROBYN sings the response of the call-and-response in the chorus. Meaning Robyn's line is in the song sixteen times. Why couldn't Britney have done that part? Why did they have ******* Robyn do the vocals?

Inside Out - "So come on!" has that same ******* questionable high-note in "just enjoy the riiiii-i-i-ide" in Passenger and nobody ever ******* ******* about it. IT IS LITERALLY THE SAME NOTE: it's a D4. (Or did it ever occur to you that maybe Britney really sang it?)

IF YOU WANT TO BASH BRITNEY JEAN, FINE. BUT DON'T PRETEND IT'S SOMETHING NEW.

Guest $elfish
1 minute ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Toxic - Go to 0:40 - Cathy Dennis is more prominent in the mix of the pre-chorus than Britney is! It sounds exactly like the demo!

:leaving:

Guest $elfish
2 minutes ago, Someone Who Knows said:

0:40 - 

i agree they do sound similar because of the effect on her voice but The final version sounds a bit different it sounds like a mix between the two of them not sure tho:snooptoya:

Just now, $elfish said:

i agree they do sound similar because of the effect on her voice but The final version sounds a bit different it sounds like a mix between the two of them not sure tho:snooptoya:

I agree that it's a mix -- maybe with Cathy Dennis slightly higher. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, or anything dishonest about it. But the vocals people say are Myah's are mostly mixed in that way, too. It's just that nobody gives a **** about such vocals on Toxic because it's iconic and nobody wants to be honest about it and only bash Britney Jean because it's popular and safe to bash it.

2 minutes ago, Psuedonym said:

It is something new.

Myah Marie went in with the intention of impersonating Britney's singing voice.

THAT never happened before. 

I think she only recorded the demos for Britney then they used her demo vocals for the final mix.

On 6/22/2017 at 11:50 PM, Circuit said:

I think she only recorded the demos for Britney then they used her demo vocals for the final mix.

Nope, I explained why that's not plausible in a different topic but I'll post it here:

One thing I was just thinking, (kind of OT) is that Myah knew her vocals would be used for main vocals (as opposed to backups) after Britney's vocals were already recorded. The proof? In the Alien stems, the only part of the verses that Myah recorded is "take me home". She recorded that part multiple times, but nothing else from the verses. Why would she only record that part if it wasn't meant to be pasted on? Not to mention she used her "Britney impersonation" voice when she hadn't in the past. She knew what her vocals were going to be used for and she's as much to blame as anyone else. 

Edit: you can also hear some of Britney's vocals in some headphone feedback in Myah's takes, so Britney's vocals were recorded before Myah was brought in.

Edit 2: Correction, Myah did record "I'm not alone" from the end of the verses as well.

2 minutes ago, Psuedonym said:

Nope, I explained why that's not plausible in a different topic but I'll post it here:

One thing I was just thinking, (kind of OT) is that Myah knew her vocals would be used for main vocals (as opposed to backups) after Britney's vocals were already recorded. The proof? In the Alien stems, the only part of the verses that Myah recorded is "take me home". She recorded that part multiple times, but nothing else from the verses. Why would she only record that part if it wasn't meant to be pasted on? Not to mention she used her "Britney impersonation" voice when she hadn't in the past. She knew what her vocals were going to be used for and she's as much to blame as anyone else. 

The pro tools session that leaked in 2015 was not complete and was missing about 10-20 files [per a source from BB.org] Myah's complete session could be in those files.

1 minute ago, Circuit said:

The pro tools session that leaked in 2015 was not complete and was missing about 10-20 files [per a source from BB.org] Myah's complete session could be in those files.

There's still little reason for Myah to record that specific part multiple times. It's not as if the part was cut from her recording the rest of the verse with it, it's just that bit. I doubt the release of any more from the session would change much.

Regardless, she was using her "Britney impersonation" voice and Britney's vocals are in the headphone/mic feedback, and that says that she knew.

Archived