DYWCO was a missed opportunity

• Super Mods
14 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

don't remind me :otears:

i kept saying it but no one listened 

giphy.gif

btw that video was her first performance of it and to this date is the best she's done of it imo 

Most people here was pushing for Slumber Party, I remember there was a whole thread for it and everyone thought it would be the next summer jam and thought DYWCO was basic. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Most people here was pushing for Slumber Party, I remember there was a whole thread for it and everyone thought it would be the next summer jam and thought DYWCO was basic. 

as everyone knows how history making SP was

On 6/10/2017 at 11:10 AM, Britneyfan1334 said:

No I really wouldn't want that. If she keeps doing collabs, it's gonna look like she only has hits because of the people she's working with. We need at least two solo hits before she can start collabing again. 

Well they were already doing a collab anyway. They used Britney to propel other artists on the label so I don't see them releasing SP solo regardless. If they wanted a collab then they should've done it with a bigger artist. That being said I don't want her doing any extra collabs at this point in her career. She needs to stabilize artistically, creatively, and performing wise before she works with anyone else. 

33 minutes ago, nels64 said:

I always thought the singles were gonna be: MM, DYWCO, and SP. Idk why they skipped DYWCO...Maybe they really really just DONT WANT a hit on their hands. I can definitely see Britney purposely avoiding a hit tbh. She doesn't want to be in the spotlight y'all. 

UK RCA wanted Slumber Party and fought US RCA who wanted Just Luv Me. I don't think DYWCO was ever in the running once they started the major discussions. She should just let her sons pick her singles and of course do 4 singles. The waiting between singles really killed most of the hit potential. 

On 6/9/2017 at 6:03 PM, Miss Cootie said:

Slumber party ruined glory's future

It could have had some great choreo. Sadly we probably wouldve gotten the POM one. ******* ew lmfaoo

Slumber Party was a great song until Tinashe got on it and completely ruined the song and any chances of it being a hit.

I really believe RCA asked Britney for  her to be featured to give her some type of exposure ... I don't believe Britney really wanted to work with her! LOL

On 6/10/2017 at 1:02 AM, ITZFFGL said:

Make Me nor Slumber Party have better hooks than DWYCO.

Make Me's chorus is NOT fun to sing along to - she's just making awkward "ooooh" noises. That's not catchy. People wouldn't yell Make Me's chorus in the car with their friends.

I disagree with this. The chorus of Make Me is very catchy and fun to sing along to. The problem with the song was exposure -- not enough radio, and two underwhelming public presentations of it: 1. A (very short) performance of it at the VMA's that, while pretty good, wasn't convincing or exciting enough to sell the song and 2. The video was beyond underwhelming.

Tbh at this stage of the game Britney needs to get it all right, and this time around the music was there but nothing else was.

1 hour ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Slumber Party was a great song until Tinashe got on it and completely ruined the song and any chances of it being a hit.

I really believe RCA asked Britney for  her to be featured to give her some type of exposure ... I don't believe Britney really wanted to work with her! LOL

I think the last part is true. However - it's NOT Tinashe's fault that SP wasn't a hit lol. It's a great song but the GP doesn't want slower songs from Britney. Plus she barely promoted it.

I don't agree. IMO, the song is terrible :forkit: And I'm really glad that she used it as a promo single because I knew there was no chance to release it as a single :D 

The thing is... I don't want a "Britney" type song. I want her to try new things, that's why I loved Slumber Party as a Single, Make Me as the lead and the reason I loved Glory. It was different. But she, her team and the awful promo ruined everything and that's why Glory and all the singles flopped so hard, not because the GP doesn't want to hear this Britney or because they hated the album. It's time for her to try new things, like Blackout in 2007, like ITZ or even "original doll". She needs to evolve rather than being stuck in the same type of music forever.

2 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Agree. They ruined a perfect song for no reason. Because they didn't even added a new verse or bridge, they just replaced her vocals with Tinashe's. It was tragic

And I'm sorry if anyone likes Tinashe but... A duet with Britney? Really? I don't know if it was her team or Britney's decision but it was a big mistake. She needs to collaborate with popular artists like Lady Gaga, Shakira or Beyonce, as she recently said in an interview 

Slumber Party still was a better choice. The main problem was that even with a good video (with a low low budget too) you can't not ask for the song be a hit when the lead single and the album where already dead and buried on October, and they decided it was a amazing idea wait until November to release the second single without a Major Promotion besides a Music Video featuring a C List Artist, no televised promotion, nothing. 

Slumber Party it's a amazing song such a shame that they decided wait until Mid November to release the single, the perfect time was release the 2nd Single with a MV the same ******* week that Glory Release, because after the Make Me Music Video Fiasco that song was already dead, nobody was still supporting the song because the drama with the video. 

Make Me + Slumber Party in the VMAs = Glory debut at #1 such a shame. 

2 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I like Tinashe in it. Maybe it's just me. I never listened to the solo prior. My friend who is a Britney fan said she liked Slumber Party solo better.

Archived