DYWCO was a missed opportunity

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HeavenOnExhale said:

Honestly this should of been Single #2 its honestly the most "Britney" type song on the album that I could see would draw in the GP. Friends and people I know who don't listen to Britney and when I get them to listen to Glory this always seem to be their fave. Britney herself seems to enjoy performing this song a lot and I really love the first time she performed it. This should of dropped as Single #2 when she first performed it since the album was releasing around this time, as well it would of been great at the VMAs. If the VMA performance was Make Me, Me, Myself & I and then DYWCO would of been just perfect for me. However I do enjoy what she gave but I think it the performance would of stood out more with this song and its energy added in. This song itself is pretty different from anything in Pop right now tbh, it would have boosted Glory. Make Me like most people said is more mid tempo song which doesn't have much energy its a great introduction to the Era but it needs something more. If I would have wanted my way of promoting this album I would have done Make Me from July-August promo and ORIGINAL music video, DYWCO as 2nd single with Promo for September-October,  then Slumber Party as 3rd single for November-December Promo and then maybe we would have a 4th single in the new year,  I think everything would have done better this way. The GP knows Britney for these catchy dance songs DWYCO would of drew them in. But Team B, RCA don't know nuthin about promoting so.... :foh:

That peformance is actually really good. She dances well

1 minute ago, cheri said:

yes, even ur rep is the color of anger, it's not healthy sweetie :bey:

sorry my reputation color is red but  red of love:bey:

cheri pie :ohi:

4 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

I'm pretty sure they tested it when they released it last year before the album came out but I assume they saw it never took off :ponderney:

Failures of B team tbh, they added it to the show but never pushed it to be a single, same that happened to Big Flop Bass :byebitch::byebitch:

It never took off because it was never an official single. And even when it was the last promotional single to be released, it rapidly surpassed Private Show and Clumsy on streaming. So I don't know what other signal they needed to choose it as the second single. Even after Slumber Party video came out, it took a while for it to surpass DYWCO.

Not really. Don't even talk about make me, it had the greatest opportunity for success out of all of Glory. 

DWYCO is really overhyped here. SP and Make Me have more creative lyrics and better hooks, even reviewers take notice of it. Besides, at this point in her career, if she doesn't do promo nothing she will take off

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

It never took off because it was never an official single. And even when it was the last promotional single to be released, it rapidly surpassed Private Show and Clumsy on streaming. So I don't know what other signal they needed to choose it as the second single. Even after Slumber Party video came out, it took a while for it to surpass DYWCO.

Well DYWCO was released around the time of Glory's release, which was when most people were checking for her last year anyways. She was already somewhat relevant because of the album. SP was released months later when her popularity had already dropped. It would make sense for ANYTHING she had released at that point to not get streams/views as quickly. It doesn't necessarily mean DYWCO would've been a better single choice. Also, considering she didn't really promote SP, she wouldn't have really given DYWCO a big boost anyways had it been the second single.

It could have been released as an official single around the VMA's and perform it instead of Me Myself & I. Slumber Party could have been released around the same time anyways. I doubt DYWCO would have had much impact, top 20 at best. It would have been a good way to generate buz for Glory after the MM fiasco though. No shade to Make Me, it was just handled by monkeys.

34 minutes ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

Well DYWCO was released around the time of Glory's release, which was when most people were checking for her last year anyways. She was already somewhat relevant because of the album. SP was released months later when her popularity had already dropped. It would make sense for ANYTHING she had released at that point to not get streams/views as quickly. It doesn't necessarily mean DYWCO would've been a better single choice. Also, considering she didn't really promote SP, she wouldn't have really given DYWCO a big boost anyways had it been the second single.

No, DYWCO really had something else that the other tracks didn't. If it was just because of the album release, the other tracks, at least Private Show and Clumsy which were released before DWYCO, and thus, before the rest of Glory, would've had as much plays as DYWCO, if not more. 

What I'm trying to say is that DYWCO didn't have any promo, there wasn't anything particularly especial about the release of that song that would've triggered a bigger amount of plays than Clumsy's or PS's, or any other "fan favorite" from the album. So it had something that, even though in real numbers isn't a big amount of plays, for being just an album track, triggered a considerable quantity of plays on its own, that the other tracks didn't. So that tells me that even if it received the same treatment that SP did as the second single (even though technically it wasn't even released as a single, which is in big part the reason why it flopped), DYWCO had the potential to become somewhat popular by itself, with a great video (if we got a great video for SP we would've had it for DYWCO) and it could've been a situation like I Wanna Go back in the FF era. Probably not as successful, but in some way.

Then SP, the "fan favorite" got a video, a guest artist, so much more exposure than anything that DYWCO could've had in the past, and one would've thought SP would immediately surpass DYWCO on Spotify, but it wasn't the case, it still took some weeks to do so. And that Today's show performance doesn't even count, because it helped as much as if she didn't perform at all, and by the time that performance happened the song almost had a month out, and it was already surpassing the other tracks, except for Make Me..., so I'll always insist that DYWCO was the obvious choice for the second single. Which is more, I would've released it as the lead single and leave MM for second.

46 minutes ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

Not really. Don't even talk about make me, it had the greatest opportunity for success out of all of Glory. 

DWYCO is really overhyped here. SP and Make Me have more creative lyrics and better hooks, even reviewers take notice of it. Besides, at this point in her career, if she doesn't do promo nothing she will take off

Make Me nor Slumber Party have better hooks than DWYCO.

Make Me's chorus is NOT fun to sing along to - she's just making awkward "ooooh" noises. That's not catchy. People wouldn't yell Make Me's chorus in the car with their friends. Slumber Party's lyrics are horrible (we got them candles hanging hanging from the ceiling low? wtf?) - like can you seriously imagine anyone getting hype for these songs?

Britney's single choices were terrible and off brand.

Just Luv Me, Do You Wanna Come Over, Clumsy, Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Better and Liar are the only anthemic tracks on Glory with even remotely catchy and universal hooks.

4 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Make Me nor Slumber Party have better hooks than DWYCO.

Make Me's chorus is NOT fun to sing along to - she's just making awkward "ooooh" noises. That's not catchy. People wouldn't yell Make Me's chorus in the car with their friends. Slumber Party's lyrics are horrible (we got them candles hanging hanging from the ceiling low? wtf?) - like can you seriously imagine anyone getting hype for these songs?

Britney's single choices were terrible and off brand.

Just Luv Me, Do You Wanna Come Over, Clumsy, Love Me Down, Hard To Forget Ya, Better and Liar are the only anthemic tracks on Glory with even remotely catchy and universal hooks.

Well there's a reason Make Me is her most critically acclaimed single in years. It has an effective hook with urban flavor, making it a perfect single for a pop act in the modern music industry. It may not appeal as much to classic Britney fans but it certainly did appeal to a lot of other people, which is why it gained traction on radio stations other than top40. Even people I know who hate britney loved make me and slumber party because of the different sounds they bring in. Why are you insulting SP's lyrics when DYWCO's chorus is literally just "whatever you want, whatever you need, I'll do it, I'll do it". There's no hidden meaning and fun behind the lyrics, it's just straight up ***, which is why some people criticized some songs on Glory. SP may have also been about ***, but at least it approached it in a different way. 

Archived