DYWCO was a missed opportunity

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Phonography423 said:

Yall acted like Slumber Party was gonna be a smash now all of a sudden Do You Wanna Come Over would have been better? :cricket::xcuseme:

i never wanted SP as a single, imo it wasn't good enough for it to be a single

my vote was always DYWCO but people here kept telling me how SP was the best choice since Moses

10 hours ago, Phonography423 said:

Yall acted like Slumber Party was gonna be a smash now all of a sudden Do You Wanna Come Over would have been better? :cricket::xcuseme:

Slumber Party would've have been such a hit if she promoted. It sounded a little like Hotline Bling which a lot of people liked and Slumber Party is so catchy so it would've been radio-friendly. Britney fans need to stop, whenever a song flops, you say it's because of the song, it's not because of the song, it's because Britney and her team not promoting. I do think that if DYWCO was a single, it would have been a hit too. So much missed opportunities. 

16 hours ago, HeavenOnExhale said:

Honestly this should of been Single #2 its honestly the most "Britney" type song on the album that I could see would draw in the GP. Friends and people I know who don't listen to Britney and when I get them to listen to Glory this always seem to be their fave. Britney herself seems to enjoy performing this song a lot and I really love the first time she performed it. This should of dropped as Single #2 when she first performed it since the album was releasing around this time, as well it would of been great at the VMAs. If the VMA performance was Make Me, Me, Myself & I and then DYWCO would of been just perfect for me. However I do enjoy what she gave but I think it the performance would of stood out more with this song and its energy added in. This song itself is pretty different from anything in Pop right now tbh, it would have boosted Glory. Make Me like most people said is more mid tempo song which doesn't have much energy its a great introduction to the Era but it needs something more. If I would have wanted my way of promoting this album I would have done Make Me from July-August promo and ORIGINAL music video, DYWCO as 2nd single with Promo for September-October,  then Slumber Party as 3rd single for November-December Promo and then maybe we would have a 4th single in the new year,  I think everything would have done better this way. The GP knows Britney for these catchy dance songs DWYCO would of drew them in. But Team B, RCA don't know nuthin about promoting so.... :foh:

Truth spoke right here

1 hour ago, Britneyfan1334 said:

Slumber Party would've have been such a hit if she promoted. It sounded a little like Hotline Bling which a lot of people liked and Slumber Party is so catchy so it would've been radio-friendly. Britney fans need to stop, whenever a song flops, you say it's because of the song, it's not because of the song, it's because Britney and her team not promoting. I do think that if DYWCO was a single, it would have been a hit too. So much missed opportunities. 

I still wish we could've gotten Drake or Rihanna for Slumber Party with a hot video. Imagine Rihanna adding her own part to the track and the SP video with the two of them no disrespect to Tinashe of course. 

38 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

I still wish we could've gotten Drake or Rihanna for Slumber Party with a hot video. Imagine Rihanna adding her own part to the track and the SP video with the two of them no disrespect to Tinashe of course. 

No I really wouldn't want that. If she keeps doing collabs, it's gonna look like she only has hits because of the people she's working with. We need at least two solo hits before she can start collabing again. 

7 hours ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

Well there's a reason Make Me is her most critically acclaimed single in years. It has an effective hook with urban flavor, making it a perfect single for a pop act in the modern music industry. It may not appeal as much to classic Britney fans but it certainly did appeal to a lot of other people, which is why it gained traction on radio stations other than top40. Even people I know who hate britney loved make me and slumber party because of the different sounds they bring in. Why are you insulting SP's lyrics when DYWCO's chorus is literally just "whatever you want, whatever you need, I'll do it, I'll do it". There's no hidden meaning and fun behind the lyrics, it's just straight up ***, which is why some people criticized some songs on Glory. SP may have also been about ***, but at least it approached it in a different way. 

Make Me is no more critically acclaimed than Gimme More, Blackout, Womanizer, Circus (single) or Hold It Against Me or Femme Fatale in general when you look at reviews side to side. It was just a welcome return from the flop that was Britney Jean. :idkney: And it didn't gain traction anywhere.

"Whatever you want! Whatever you need! I'll do it! Do you wanna come over?" is anthemic. And was also a critical highlight of Glory.

There's no hidden meaning and fun? It's just straight up ***? What exactly is Make Me ooooooh about? :orangu: Just because it's "urban" and slow doesn't change the fact that it, also, is just another basic Britney *** song (and with an AWFUL rap feature). And so is Slumber Party. I'm not insulting the lyrics alone: I'm insulting the catchiness, delivery and appeal.

THIS!!!! Honestly i've said this 100 times on this forum that i sound like a broken record, but i really wanted DYWCO as the 2nd single from the album. Britney releasing a midtempo lead and midtempo 2nd single didn't work. Make Me was a great lead single but it needed something uptempo after that and DYWCO would have been the perfect choice. It is catchy, radio friendly, sounds like 'classic Britney' and had the potential to be a big hit. I think the GP would have loved the song. And i agree Britney seems to love performing the song and i think she really likes the song too. But the fans are partly to blame, too many of them on here wanted Slumber Party as the 2nd single and there are rumours it was chosen because most of the fans wanted it to be. I love Slumber Party, but it didn't work as the 2nd single. It should have been the 3rd single.

I feel like things would have been a lot different had DYWCO been the 2nd single.

13 hours ago, Phonography423 said:

Lol true, people only realise that after Slumber Party was released. But i was always one of the fans who wanted DYWCO as the 2nd single since Glory's release :soyeah: 

14 minutes ago, Isla. said:

THIS!!!! Honestly i've said this 100 times on this forum that i sound like a broken record, but i really wanted DYWCO as the 2nd single from the album. Britney releasing a midtempo lead and midtempo 2nd single didn't work. Make Me was a great lead single but it needed something uptempo after that and DYWCO would have been the perfect choice. It is catchy, radio friendly, sounds like 'classic Britney' and had the potential to be a big hit. I think the GP would have loved the song. And i agree Britney seems to love performing the song and i think she really likes the song too. But the fans are partly to blame, too many of them on here wanted Slumber Party as the 2nd single and there are rumours it was chosen because most of the fans wanted it to be. I love Slumber Party, but it didn't work as the 2nd single. It should have been the 3rd single.

I feel like things would have been a lot different had DYWCO been the 2nd single.

I think so too! I feel if this was Brit's decision she would have picked DYWCO. It should have never been fan picked.  Now we will never know  :smokney2:

20 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

I'm pretty sure they tested it when they released it last year before the album came out but I assume they saw it never took off :ponderney:

Failures of B team tbh, they added it to the show but never pushed it to be a single, same that happened to Big Flop Bass :byebitch::byebitch:

Well it's not like MM and SP ever took off :meltdown:

Archived