why can't they end the era with Just Luv Me or DYWCO?

Kiey

4 hours ago, Play Time Is Over said:

Because she has the worst team in the music industry and she sees her job as a hobby which keeps getting her richer and richer. Unlike what some people say here, either Just Luv Me or Love Me Down would be hitting a billion views by now if given a chance specially if one of them was the lead. My 10 year old cousin is obssessed with Love Me Down since Glory came out, despite me always forcing her to love Slayiar, she always stood strong and claimed LMD was the best song there. Cause LMD is more uptempo, if I was in her team I would've released LMD as the lead, just luv me as 2nd single, CYM as the 3rd, Liar as 4th, then Just Like Me as the 5th single and Better to finish the era with another hit. Glory does have songs which could've slayed the charts. Any of the songs i said would've been Top 20's and some even Top 5's. The one that i could see not being a ww hit would be just like me but it's art and would've charted high cause of the hype from the previous 4 smashers.

Slumber Party and specially make me should have never been singles. I remember being so bored hearing MM for the first time and i still have to take 3 months pauses between hearing it for me to minimally enjoy it. I remember giving up on slumber party the moment i saw tinashe as a feature, i love britney to death and helped a lot with Glory's 1st week sales but she isnt gonna joke me like that promoting whos while her career is sinking harder than titanic.:meltdown:

I agree gurl. Totally agree. 

All the songs you picked for a single would work for me as well. 

I'm not sure about Just Like Me though. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

no, cuz there are people that overlook the business finances and they wouldn't allow to throw away money that they won't see coming back. They aren't creative people so they don't give a **** about pleasing the fans. 

How is having a successful era throwing money away? 

If she doesn't improve the Britney brand for b10 I truly think a tour would sell horribly outside of a few huge cities in US and Europe.

Over all it impacts her career. 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

If she doesn't improve the Britney brand for b10 I truly think a tour would sell horribly outside of a few huge cities in US and Europe.

Really I'm wondering if it even gets better from now on? since BJ album she's going down.. 

1 minute ago, OopsOverprotected said:

Really I'm wondering if it even gets better from now on? since BJ album she's going down.. 

I didn't think it could get any worse than FF when that era was happening it was rough. Now it's praised because it had four singles and a tour. It was bad minus the music and videos.

Even the vids had problems because of the body double and her eyes. 

I was mistaken it got worse... much worse. 

The thing is the POM era could have been huge and such an improvement era. The fact that it's been all these years and it's just gotten worse sort of is foreshadowing for the future.

They had the perfect set up to push new material and Britney have work and free time with her kids. It only made her lazy which is bizarre when you think of it. Promo should have been easy to do because she has so much free time from not traveling around and being exhausted. 

21 minutes ago, OopsOverprotected said:

I agree gurl. Totally agree. 

All the songs you picked for a single would work for me as well. 

I'm not sure about Just Like Me though. 

Its what i'm saying cause it's art ( she can, she can, she can have you kills me everytime and my video ideas would have made the video the most iconic video of all time ) it should've been released, i know it wouldnt be an easy hit but coming after 4 smashers there's still a lot of hype for another single... it would've lived off its sisters' hype.

29 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I didn't think it could get any worse than FF when that era was happening it was rough. Now it's praised because it had four singles and a tour. It was bad minus the music and videos.

Even the vids had problems because of the body double and her eyes. 

I was mistaken it got worse... much worse. 

The thing is the POM era could have been huge and such an improvement era. The fact that it's been all these years and it's just gotten worse sort of is foreshadowing for the future.

They had the perfect set up to push new material and Britney have work and free time with her kids. It only made her lazy which is bizarre when you think of it. Promo should have been easy to do because she has so much free time from not traveling around and being exhausted. 

I know I remember. It was a disaster and I remember thinking back then that Britney was not bringing her A game that time.

It's just sad that her music is not recognized these days. Back then TTWE was really popular.

4 hours ago, Via Infinito said:

it doesnt sink AT ALL. She got Vegas and the Asian Tour where she banks in millions! 100k is nothing for Britney. The label is just shitty and lazy. RCA is considered one of the worst labels

If they are spending money on a high budget video for a song that sells 50,000. their going to be taking a loss. 

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Woah, we are just talking about video here and it's not like they can make money off of it. 

Thats what I'm trying to say.

@WhatEverYouWant said it perfectly.

11 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

there's no point. MM didnt do so well, the album didn't do so well, SP flopped... there aren't any big hits on Glory anyway.

That says it all! All Glory songs didn't do well, as simple as that! Despite my love for MM, it just flopped... no record label keeps investing money on flop albums that have no tour to make up for. Madonna Rebel Heart also flopped but she was touring, the label was probably still earning money and so they released more than 2 singles:byebitch:

5 hours ago, WhatEverYouWant said:

If they are spending money on a high budget video for a song that sells 50,000. their going to be taking a loss. 

yes but it translates to britney being more out there with a new single and nice video

then it leads to people checking pom and asian tour more

nowadays u don't even make much money with music anyway, its the touring

but u have to keep doing videos otherwise u just gonna become irrelevant

Guest Arckangel
41 minutes ago, Via Infinito said:

yes but it translates to britney being more out there with a new single and nice video

then it leads to people checking pom and asian tour more

nowadays u don't even make much money with music anyway, its the touring

but u have to keep doing videos otherwise u just gonna become irrelevant

This, and racking up dozens (or hundreds) of millions of views on YouTube and VEVO generates good money.

When you see it that way, Pretty Girls was definitely not a flop. Any newcoming artist that had that many views would be seen as quite successful.

Guest $elfish
15 hours ago, Via Infinito said:

shitty as **** label

Jive would never have done this to her

im sure britney does want more singles

Everything britney has released under rca has flopped bj , glory and criminal :sassybrit: it has to be the label or her team why would she suddenly start flopping so hard ? They need to make her do promo not ask her she's just gonna keep going to Hawaii 

i miss jive :otears:

10 hours ago, OopsOverprotected said:

I know I remember. It was a disaster and I remember thinking back then that Britney was not bringing her A game that time.

It's just sad that her music is not recognized these days. Back then TTWE was really popular.

Well, whenever her music is used for that Broadway show, her music will definitely be recognized.  I know this isn't entirely related, but with the right script it will be very, very successful .   After watching those "Broadway Loves Britney" performances,  her catalog is filled with catchy songs/ballads that would really smash on Broadway with an excellent script.

17 hours ago, Play Time Is Over said:

Because she has the worst team in the music industry and she sees her job as a hobby which keeps getting her richer and richer. Unlike what some people say here, either Just Luv Me or Love Me Down would be hitting a billion views by now if given a chance specially if one of them was the lead. My 10 year old cousin is obssessed with Love Me Down since Glory came out, despite me always forcing her to love Slayiar, she always stood strong and claimed LMD was the best song there. Cause LMD is more uptempo, if I was in her team I would've released LMD as the lead, just luv me as 2nd single, CYM as the 3rd, Liar as 4th, then Just Like Me as the 5th single and Better to finish the era with another hit. Glory does have songs which could've slayed the charts. Any of the songs i said would've been Top 20's and some even Top 5's. The one that i could see not being a ww hit would be just like me but it's art and would've charted high cause of the hype from the previous 4 smashers.

Slumber Party and specially make me should have never been singles. I remember being so bored hearing MM for the first time and i still have to take 3 months pauses between hearing it for me to minimally enjoy it. I remember giving up on slumber party the moment i saw tinashe as a feature, i love britney to death and helped a lot with Glory's 1st week sales but she isnt gonna joke me like that promoting whos while her career is sinking harder than titanic.:meltdown:

Make me was her biggest chance for success. Even my friends who hate britney liked this song because it wasn't totally traditional, it opened herself up to new audiences and is more more modern. People actually like her vocals on it, and it has such a nice vibe to it. LMD is cute, but it isn't single worthy. It's way too basic. Make me was handled horribly, but if it had smashed nobody would be saying anything as it being chosen as the lead single.

1 hour ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

Everything britney has released under rca has flopped bj , glory and criminal :sassybrit: it has to be the label or her team why would she suddenly start flopping so hard ? They need to make her do promo not ask her she's just gonna keep going to Hawaii 

i miss jive :otears:

Well she doesn't have to do promo if she doesn't want to. She's already established a career for herself and if she's content with just putting music out there and letting it tumble down the charts that's fine.

Guest $elfish
24 minutes ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

Well she doesn't have to do promo if she doesn't want to. She's already established a career for herself and if she's content with just putting music out there and letting it tumble down the charts that's fine.

But it's like she's self sabotaging her career with piece of me and the 5,000 greatest hits albums we get that have the same tracks she's showing herself as a greatest hits artist sure she has a legendary status and past and we all love her old hits but why not build on top of that and keep gaining new fans and new moments instead of making amazing music and letting it die

11 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

That says it all! All Glory songs didn't do well, as simple as that! Despite my love for MM, it just flopped... no record label keeps investing money on flop albums that have no tour to make up for. Madonna Rebel Heart also flopped but she was touring, the label was probably still earning money and so they released more than 2 singles:byebitch:

Yup and even then it was only 3 videos from Rebel Heart. But yeah, Britney's label also knows by now that she doesn't promote her singles so there's really no chance for her to have a hit from Glory.

Archived