I'm dying ! Jessica SImpson still copies EVERYTHING from Britney in 2017 !

Roger

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Not really, they look similar but not enough to say one copied the other so no. 

I love "A Public Affair" tho :myjam: I need that Jessica back. 

I love that song too, but she has a ways to go to get back to that :eheeek:

16 minutes ago, Jacod2017 said:

I love that song too, but she has a ways to go to get back to that :eheeek:

Maybe, yes, after being pregnat she went too fit, like 2 years ago she was real fit, as much as Britney is now, I'm suprised she went back to be fat again. 

14 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

"A Public Affair," "Irresistible," and "With You" were my jams! :carpoolney:

Mine too, I will love you forever :mcry:

A little bit :madance:

even the covers Angels and Take my breath away :overwhelm:

2 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Mine too, I will love you forever :mcry:

A little bit :madance:

even the covers Angels and Take my breath away :overwhelm:

I forgot about "I Wanna Love You Forever!" I used to be so obsessed with it, her vocals were AMAZING. It's too bad she was never taken seriously as a vocalist because her potential was incredible.

Totally bopped to "I Think I'm In Love With You" too. The MV was Britney-fied for sure, but I thought the song's overall influence was more Mariah a la "Always Be My Baby."

giphy.gif

Guest Brichney.
1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

I have to disagree here...yes, there are some similarities, but that's because they're both blonde, southern girls with similar styles and facial features. I mean, just look at how much their respective mother's look alike!

Jessica-Simpsons-mom-is-engaged.jpgBritney-Spears_width1024.jpg

ETA: Britney and Jessica resembled each other A LOT in childhood, IMO:

1057beb7f82c10ba862bd1ffd4f992fb.jpg

2a98b6a7.jpg

They look alike. Like cousins. 

Just now, LostInAnImage said:

I forgot about "I Wanna Love You Forever!" I used to be so obsessed with it, her vocals were AMAZING. It's too bad she was never taken seriously as a vocalist because her potential was incredible.

Totally bopped to "I Think I'm In Love With You" too. The MV was Britney-fied for sure, but I thought the song's overall influence was more Mariah a la "Always Be My Baby."

giphy.gif

OMG back when she was getting compared to Mariah :yesokay:

6 minutes ago, JustLuvMe said:

OMG back when she was getting compared to Mariah :yesokay:

That performance was not too pleasing to the ears, haha. I do believe she had (has?) great vocal ability and potential; however, as this clip illustrates, TERRIBLE technique. Thus the end result sounded very strained. 

Nevertheless, I think she could've been way more successful had she emerged into the pop scene at a slightly different point in time. Whenever she debuted, the market was just too saturated with female artists she couldn't possibly compete with. Since she wasn't a dancer/performer (or very charismatic at all, for that matter), she couldn't compete with Britney at all, and although her voice was strong, it was nothing compared to Christina's. 

But since she was incredibly beautiful, likable and talented, I still think her best course of action wouldve been to really market herself as a teen pop/girl-next-door version of Mariah (not saying their vocal abilities were analogous, but just in terms of having a big voice known for power ballads and midtempo love songs).

Ultimately, I think having an uber creepy father as her manager, in concert with a record label intent on molding her into Britney 3.0, was her downfall. 

The truth is Jessica Simpson has a fashion empire that generates 1 billion in revenues.

Britney's Intimates collection flopped and she promoted Candies.

On the music side obviously Jessica doesn't hold a torch to Britney,

When it comes to fashion and a fashion empire Jessica's had many great fashions and styles.

afc4c422a0c5d962bc98a0b33ebca8c8.jpgjessica-simpson-yma-scholarship-fund-geoR1BFV1pfR0BIGBYWEBsGFU4EABkEFh0dSA4dBh8Kjessicasimpson2good.jpg

jessica-simpson-mtv-video-music-awards-Gjessica-simpson-red-carpet-looks-through3518377E00000578-3633541-_pictured_Febru

Archived