Britney Vs. Christina 2017 Who Will Slay The Other?

IconicShow

15 minutes ago, Camilo said:

Is this a joke? Obviously the one who's fit, and had 2 world tours and a residency of 4 years and 110 Million dollars , the other can't perform for her fans since 2007 and her last álbum was 5 years ago, are you being serious tho? :byebitch:

Christina never released albums one year after the other.

She likes to grow and take her time and have her hands on the album and will sing live.

Yes Britney is having success in Vegas however it did nothing for her last 2 studio albums and her singles since.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney will have more commercial success... Christina will get more critical success... I feel like that's always how it's been... Britney has always outsold her so that's not an issue but at the end of the day Christina remains respected for her voice even if she hasn't done much music wise lately.

I can see Britney winning more icon type awards with the next album but I as well see Christina taking home a Grammy or 2 with her next album.. to each it's own on what you value more from your favorite artist.

I want both of them on top of the charts actually... :cutesybrit:

Wait, so Bionic and Lotus outsold BJ and Glory??

i think whoever does the bigger and wiser promotion will chart and sell better. All hope is not lost for Xtine IMO, she can still score hits (although through features). Britney, no question her name still sells. But she should not rely on that alone because even now her market is already saturated.

1 hour ago, IconicShow said:

Christina never released albums one year after the other.

She likes to grow and take her time and have her hands on the album and will sing live.

Yes Britney is having success in Vegas however it did nothing for her last 2 studio albums and her singles since.

Yeah, lotus was average and she Didn't promote that album.  singing live doesn't mean ****, Didn't help her to sell bionic and lotus

4 hours ago, IconicShow said:

All of that is irrelevant to this thread.

This is the fact that both their last studio efforts tanked, they both only had 2 singles off each bomb and the singles tanked as well.

Britney is back in the studio and Christina is readying her return.

Who will do better this go round?

Make Me and Work ***** didn't tank though :begone: And you also forgot to mention that Brit has received a lot more successes with her residency and concert while the Dinosaur busy selling Oreos :walkonby: Are you still trying to prove otherwise because at this point you sounded like a pressed Xtuna stan :begone:

6 hours ago, radar89 said:

Lmao, you said as if Xtina is more musically talented than Britney. Shut your trap girl :ricackle:Christina's music mostly received worse reviews by professional critics compared to Britney 

Prince's music also received mixed reviews.

Orangade has a 92 review on Metacritic.

Glory has a higher score than Blackout or In the Zone.

Oops!... (I Did Another Album Full of Fillers) is Britney's best reviewed album.

Professional critics are the biggest joke of the industry.

9 hours ago, IconicShow said:

Most would say both Britney and Christina are each others biggest rivals.

Both started around the same time.

Both on Star Search

Both on the MMC

Both have #1 Albums

Both Grammy Winners

Both have multiple #1 albums

Both have been in the game over 20 years

Both have thrown shade back and forth during their years as dueling pop princesses

Both have sold millions of albums around the world

The question is now that both artists are coming off 2 flop studio albums in a row, whose new album will slay the other?

Britney-Spears-and-Christina-Aguilera-GI

Christina:

Bionic First Week Sales 110k  Album Debuted at #3 on the BB 200  US Sales 330k (This album tanked)

Lotus First Week Sales 73k Album Debuted at #7 on the BB 200      US Sales 290k (This album Bombed)

Only two singles released off each album

Bionic

Not Myself Tonight Peaked at #23 on the BB Hot 100

You Lost Me (Christina's first single not to chart on the BB Hot 100)

Lotus

Your Body Peaked at #34 on the BB Hot 100

Just A Fool F. Blake Shelton Peaked at #71 on the BB Hot 100

79129-xtina-eating-cereal-like-a-bos-0dx

Britney:

Britney Jean First Week Sales 107k   Album debuted at #4 on the BB 200    US Sales 260k (This album tanked)

Glory First Week Sales 111k   Album debuted at #3 on the BB 200   US Sales Less than 200k (This album Bombed)

Only two singes released off each album

Britney Jean

Work ***** Peaked at #12 on the BB Hot 100

Perfume Peaked at #76 on the BB Hot 100

Glory

Make Me F. G Eazy Peaked at #17 on the BB Hot 100

Slumber Party F. Tinashe Peaked at #86

3o6ZsZ8P3FVcJ4V22A.gif

Who will come out on top with their next studio effort?

Britney or Christina?

o-BRITNEY-SPEARS-CHRISTINA-AGUILERA-face

Please stop with the comparisons. They've already proven that they are two VERY different artists. If Christina wanted to be like Britney, Stripped wouldn't have happened and neither would have the rest of her discography. It must really annoy Christina to constantly be pitted against Britney when she's nothing like her. Hell, even their personalities are different. And if we're talking about them being in the MMC together, then you should have no problem comparing Britney to Justin. I'm sick of people constantly comparing and insulting this girl just because they can. She literally begged people through some of her tracks to stop hating on her. Seriously, stop with your shitty thread. They're nothing alike and they're two VERY talented women. Christina is less popular because people can't connect her to ever-changing identity. Britney is popular because she never changes her style. Yeah, she experiments a little here and there but her overall style is still the same. Even lookswise, Britney always had this barbie look going on so just stop, sit down and stop ******* discussing this ******* topic. This isn't 1999 anymore.

4 hours ago, Play Time Is Over said:

Can you actually stop saying they've both been in the game for over 20 years? Geeez stop inflating, it just makes them actually look older. They havent even been on the game for 19 years let alone OVER 20.

They we're doing MMC and Star Search for years, Britney was signed to Stone Creek in 1997 and Christina released a single Reflection in 1998 it's been over 20 years.

5 hours ago, radar89 said:

Make Me and Work ***** didn't tank though :begone: And you also forgot to mention that Brit has received a lot more successes with her residency and concert while the Dinosaur busy selling Oreos :walkonby: Are you still trying to prove otherwise because at this point you sounded like a pressed Xtuna stan :begone:

We're not discussing anything in this thread other than their last two studio efforts, and Make Me flopped.

Trying to bring in irrelevant things to this thread doesn't help build up your defense.

1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

Well, Xtinta is getting ready for her comeback :roflney::roflney::roflney::roflney::roflney::roflney::roflney::roflney::roflney::roflney::roflney:

1%20(6).jpg

14182454_exhausted-britney-spears-steps-

Britney is plummeting by Britney standards and that's worse than anything. Not even current Britney can replicate her own former success even if she wanted to. She threw the publics' chances in their face time after time until her newest album (which, by the way, is a very good album) tanked. so honestly, what's your ******* point? I can understand bashing Katy Perry given as to what she said about Britney but what the **** did Christina ever do to you or Britney? Whatever **** she said was like 10 years ago and she probably did it because everyone couldn't **** off with their obsolete comparisons to Britney because knew that she was nothing like her, style, personality and performance wise.

Also, Christina doesn't look like that anymore. Neither does Britney.. for the most part. Shut the **** up.

Archived