Britney Vs. Christina 2017 Who Will Slay The Other?

IconicShow

Most would say both Britney and Christina are each others biggest rivals.

Both started around the same time.

Both on Star Search

Both on the MMC

Both have #1 Albums

Both Grammy Winners

Both have multiple #1 albums

Both have been in the game over 20 years

Both have thrown shade back and forth during their years as dueling pop princesses

Both have sold millions of albums around the world

The question is now that both artists are coming off 2 flop studio albums in a row, whose new album will slay the other?

Britney-Spears-and-Christina-Aguilera-GI

Christina:

Bionic First Week Sales 110k  Album Debuted at #3 on the BB 200  US Sales 330k (This album tanked)

Lotus First Week Sales 73k Album Debuted at #7 on the BB 200      US Sales 290k (This album Bombed)

Only two singles released off each album

Bionic

Not Myself Tonight Peaked at #23 on the BB Hot 100

You Lost Me (Christina's first single not to chart on the BB Hot 100)

Lotus

Your Body Peaked at #34 on the BB Hot 100

Just A Fool F. Blake Shelton Peaked at #71 on the BB Hot 100

79129-xtina-eating-cereal-like-a-bos-0dx

Britney:

Britney Jean First Week Sales 107k   Album debuted at #4 on the BB 200    US Sales 260k (This album tanked)

Glory First Week Sales 111k   Album debuted at #3 on the BB 200   US Sales Less than 200k (This album Bombed)

Only two singes released off each album

Britney Jean

Work ***** Peaked at #12 on the BB Hot 100

Perfume Peaked at #76 on the BB Hot 100

Glory

Make Me F. G Eazy Peaked at #17 on the BB Hot 100

Slumber Party F. Tinashe Peaked at #86

3o6ZsZ8P3FVcJ4V22A.gif

Who will come out on top with their next studio effort?

Britney or Christina?

o-BRITNEY-SPEARS-CHRISTINA-AGUILERA-face

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, korralations said:

This is how far we've fallen? :meltdown:

Yup 2 flop albums each one but one of them has been winning important awards for her legacy, performing in Vegas, selling perfumes and lingerie, slaying her hot body,  magazine, radio and TV interviews and appearances, performing in big festivals , etc. While the other one has been sitting on a red chair all the time. They're not even close, Xtina could never outshine Britney...  Karma is a *****, look at Katy now....    :BBMAney: 

9 minutes ago, MM said:

lmao well britney would do commercially well (maybe) but christina would actually get a grammy for her work 

Interesting point.

I think it's a fair comparison, it doesn't matter that Britney is out performing more and doing festivals it hasn't helped her singles or sales the last few eras either.

I just don't know if Christina will gain more interest in a wider audience.

She'll atleast sing live and like you mentioned get rewarded a Grammy if she delivers.

1 hour ago, MM said:

lmao well britney would do commercially well (maybe) but christina would actually get a grammy for her work 

Lmao, you said as if Xtina is more musically talented than Britney. Shut your trap girl :ricackle:Christina's music mostly received worse reviews by professional critics compared to Britney 

Is this a joke? Obviously the one who's fit, and had 2 world tours and a residency of 4 years and 110 Million dollars , the other can't perform for her fans since 2007 and her last álbum was 5 years ago, are you being serious tho? :byebitch:

Work ***** #12> NO PROMO, THE DESERT PERFORMANCE MELTDOWN EVERYWHERE, GOOD VIDEO. 

Perfume>>> BALLAD, NO PROMO&MELTDOWN.

Flop girls>>> #27>>> NO PROMO, BAD MUSIC, STUPID VIDEO.

MAKE ME>>> #16>>>  GOOD MUSIC, MAJOR MELTDOWN IN THE VM BRITNEY HISTORY LOL, OK PERFORMANCE BUT HYPE AS ****, flopty floprry releasing flopise.

SLUMBER PARTY>>> this amazing song suffered because of the bad decision of the glory era. 

EXTRA>>> BIONIC I Think is Circus competition and Floptus is FF era equal so 

Circus 

#1, #3 and #18 I think 

and FF #1, #3 AND #7 

SO... :byebitch:

13 minutes ago, radar89 said:

Lmao, you said as if Xtina is more musically talented than Britney. Shut your trap girl :ricackle:Christina's music mostly received worse reviews by professional critics compared to Britney 

seriously? i love britney but come on she doesn't even sing on some of her songs. she has been miming since forever and barely dances. britney even makes albums that she doesn't even care about, only what her label wants, so they can profit off if it. britney stays safe and doesn't mature and grow musically. christina may put out albums every 4 years but at least she sings (live!) and actually takes time in putting together an album that she wants (not her label). christina only has like 5 albums compared to britney's 10+ 

1 hour ago, IconicShow said:

Interesting point.

I think it's a fair comparison, it doesn't matter that Britney is out performing more and doing festivals it hasn't helped her singles or sales the last few eras either.

I just don't know if Christina will gain more interest in a wider audience.

She'll atleast sing live and like you mentioned get rewarded a Grammy if she delivers.

both britney and xtina flopped with their last 2 albums and they're different artists so it would take different paths for them to succeed. i'm not a huge xtina fan but idk what she's doing (i heard she was putting music out this year but now she's working on a movie)

3 minutes ago, MM said:

seriously? i love britney but come on she doesn't even sing on some of her songs. she has been miming since forever and barely dances. britney even makes albums that she doesn't even care about, only what her label wants, so they can profit off if it. britney stays safe and doesn't mature and grow musically. christina may put out albums every 4 years but at least she sings (live!) and actually takes time in putting together an album that she wants (not her label). christina only has like 5 albums compared to britney's 10+ 

just luv me and just like me say hi :byebitch: 

Just now, MM said:

both britney and xtina flopped with their last 2 albums and they're different artists so it would take different paths for them to succeed. i'm not a huge xtina fan but idk what she's doing (i heard she was putting music out this year but now she's working on a movie)

Yeah I'm not sure why people are bringing promo into the mix both of their last studio efforts tanked same as the singles with the exception of WB.

6 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

Work ***** #12> NO PROMO, THE DESERT PERFORMANCE MELTDOWN EVERYWHERE, GOOD VIDEO. 

Perfume>>> BALLAD, NO PROMO&MELTDOWN.

Flop girls>>> #27>>> NO PROMO, BAD MUSIC, STUPID VIDEO.

MAKE ME>>> #16>>>  GOOD MUSIC, MAJOR MELTDOWN IN THE VM BRITNEY HISTORY LOL, OK PERFORMANCE BUT HYPE AS ****, flopty floprry releasing flopise.

SLUMBER PARTY>>> this amazing song suffered because of the bad decision of the glory era. 

EXTRA>>> BIONIC I Think is Circus competition and Floptus is FF era equal so 

Circus 

#1, #3 and #18 I think 

and FF #1, #3 AND #7 

SO... :byebitch:

All of that is irrelevant to this thread.

This is the fact that both their last studio efforts tanked, they both only had 2 singles off each bomb and the singles tanked as well.

Britney is back in the studio and Christina is readying her return.

Who will do better this go round?

Just now, JP9101 said:

just luv me say hi :byebitch: 

says hi to what? being mature? britney's music and image overall has not matured at all. in fact it did with in the zone then all the unreleased material she did during 2003-2007. circus was okay, ff was generic (no input) BJ was a step in maturity but the era was focused on vegas and myah ruined it. glory was great but britney said herself it was Selena gomez inspired....  i wish britney would take even more chances in her music(glory was a step in the right direction) but also image is important 

Just now, IconicShow said:

All of that is irrelevant to this thread.

This is the fact that both their last studio efforts tanked, they both only had 2 singles off each bomb and the singles tanked as well.

Britney is back in the studio and Christina is readying her return.

Who will do better this go round?

I think the answer is obvious

Christina has been hide for almost 10 years being a judge 

Britney gave us a top 20 song the last year and raised the #1 on iTunes at least for hours

Just now, JP9101 said:

I think the answer is obvious

Christina has been hide for almost 10 years being a judge 

Britney gave us a top 20 song the last year and raised the #1 on iTunes at least for hours

I think you're missing the point of this thread.

It's not about anything other than both are rivals, both of their last 2 studio albums tanked, with the singles and only 2 released per album.

It has nothing to do with PG or FF, Circus ect.

5 minutes ago, MM said:

says hi to what? being mature? britney's music and image overall has not matured at all. in fact it did with in the zone then all the unreleased material she did during 2003-2007. circus was okay, ff was generic (no input) BJ was a step in maturity but the era was focused on vegas and myah ruined it. glory was great but britney said herself it was Selena gomez inspired....  i wish britney would take even more chances in her music(glory was a step in the right direction) but also image is important 

Invitation is not the whole album

I think she has matured and that's why a lot of fans stay pressed in the past, she is focusing now on make good music but yes, I agree, she should record more personal tracks and sing at least one song live in her shows. 

And yes I think Just luv me, make me even If Im dancing both are new sounds and things that Britney never did before

Archived