"Don't make eye contact with Britney"

1 hour ago, sue the expectional earner said:

downvote me if you want but i think it's because of her mental illness's leftovers.

who remembers this? this scared me so bad when i first watched it, look at her reaction, it's not normal i think 

:mhmsureny: what does this even mean? it's alleged that she has bipolar disorder (a mental disorder that can be treated but not cured) but many people have BPD and they interact with people.... but it's probably bc of her anxiety that she talked about. idk why her team and family put her out there if she can't even make eye contact with people:mj:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

And that makes me wonder if it's a rule made up by her team that she doesn't know about.  I can't imagine she would demand that the guy not look her in the eyes but then joke around with him.  She's not that weird/awkward.  

Sometimes I think her team treats her as if she was more unstable than she really is. She obviously has some anxiety issues but it's not like eye contact would trigger her or anything. She would probably freak out with fans touching her without her consent during freakshow but it's totally understandable. :ponderney:

2 hours ago, Doug said:

And that makes me wonder if it's a rule made up by her team that she doesn't know about.

tbh i think this is right - i HIGHLY doubt she has requested they dont make eye contact, otherwise why would she even let them come on stage - or do M&Gs.... my guess is that it is her team who are trying to protect her (as crazy at that sounds) because they think it will make her uneasy/nervous... keep in mind most of her team have been with her since the beginning

another reason why i think this could be true is that we all know Felicia says before a M&G to try act normal and not freak out because Britney feeds off that energy.. imagine if someone on stage was freaking out excited and looking her in the eye.. or they were completley frozen in fear.. Britney might lose her focus (remember the other week when she forgot what song was next and had to ask a dancer) 

and one last thing i think supports this... she literally NEVER has audience interaction... she never engages with the audience, talks to certain people etc.. she stays exact to the script... even when she brings people on stage who she knows.. the only time ive seen her break was when Cade went on stage 

3 minutes ago, cheri said:

literally never? i can think of two off the top of my head. the cowboy hat guy and the instance where she singled out some girl a couple legs ago because she flashed britney

lol ok i need to stop saying literally so much.. but i mean u get what i mean.... most other performers will talk a lot and try to interact... when brtiney goes off script it makes headlines 

5 hours ago, sue the expectional earner said:

downvote me if you want but i think it's because of her mental illness's leftovers.

who remembers this? this scared me so bad when i first watched it, look at her reaction, it's not normal i think 

If that happened to me (being a big pop star) I would have reacted the same way! There's a lot of crazy people, you never know... :donewithit:

• Content Curators
5 hours ago, Electro World said:

This makes me sad :( But I think she's a LOT better now

It's really the security's fault for letting that crazy ***** get on the stage like that.

Just remember what happened to John Lennon, Christina Grimmie and more. I won't be surprised if there are a few crazy psychos out there in our fan base. I would be scared as well. 

4 hours ago, MM said:

:mhmsureny: what does this even mean? it's alleged that she has bipolar disorder (a mental disorder that can be treated but not cured) but many people have BPD and they interact with people.... but it's probably bc of her anxiety that she talked about. idk why her team and family put her out there if she can't even make eye contact with people:mj:

It's common to have anxiety when someone's bipolar, I read all about it before but here is an explanation I found now:

Most people feel anxious at times and have their ups and downs. It is natural for a mood to change or anxiety level to rise when a stressful or difficult event occurs.

But some people experience feelings of anxiety or depression or suffer mood swings that are so severe and overwhelming that they interfere with personal relationships, job responsibilities, and daily functioning. These people may be suffering from an anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, or both.

It is not uncommon for someone with an anxiety disorder to also suffer from bipolar disorder. Many people with bipolar disorder will suffer from at least one anxiety disorder at some point in their lives.

https://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/bipolar-disorder

Why can't we just respect her wishes though? Don't her fans want her to be comfortable around them? If that makes her comfortable I don't see why not. 

Yeah, many people have said that.

The thing is, what if you DO look at her.

She's like "what's your name?" look at her.

what? will they kick you out? what will their excuse be? "you looked at britney"?

It's easy contacting flop thirsty gossip sites like Perez, and that'd make headlines:

"FAN KICKED OUT OF BRITNEY'S SHOW BECAUSE HE LOOKED AT HER" 

they don't want that, right?

I'd look. :boredney:

2 hours ago, PieceofBritney said:

It's common to have anxiety when someone's bipolar, I read all about it before but here is an explanation I found now:

https://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/bipolar-disorder

Why can't we just respect her wishes though? Don't her fans want her to be comfortable around them? If that makes her comfortable I don't see why not. 

yea that's what i was referring to, that she has anxiety. still don't get what "mental illness leftover" means but whatever. i do want her to be comfortable but it's weird for her to not even look at her fans onstage lol 

9 hours ago, Unusual You said:

I've noticed that during the Freakshow performance, most fans don't look at her but at the dancers, the audience etc... So that could make sense. That's weird though because she usually makes jokes and stuff with the guest so that would be awkward for him.

Maybe they mean don't stare :gloria: like i can imagine a stan just being frozen in shock at seeing brinny

Archived