Britney needs to higher whoever choreographed Janet's Umbreakable Tour

Michaelgiftos

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you give a time reference or anything for an example?

I just skipped through to find some choreo and found some at like ~4 minutes and ~6 minutes, and honestly.. It's Beyonce level choreography. She's kind of just twerking and striking a pose and then pausing. She's making it look good, clearly Janet puts in the work but nothing is complex or necessarily impressive. Britney would be dragged so hard by Exhale if she did anything like this :forkit:

That aside, JANET's rhythm is really good and she's perfectly on time with everything. She's really talented, and very underrated. She doesn't get enough credit

43 minutes ago, Streets said:

Can you give a time reference or anything for an example?

I just skipped through to find some choreo and found some at like ~4 minutes and ~6 minutes, and honestly.. It's Beyonce level choreography. She's kind of just twerking and striking a pose and then pausing. Britney would be dragged so hard by Exhale if she did anything like this :forkit:

That aside, her rhythm is really good and she's perfectly on time with everything. She's really talented, and very underrated. She doesn't get enough credit

Wtf are u talking about? Britney is hardly full out dancing don't be delusional. She isn't fluid in her movements and isn't even feeling it half the time on her face (making goofy embarassed faces etc) 

28 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

Wtf are u talking about? Britney is hardly full out dancing don't be delusional. She isn't fluid in her movements and isn't even feeling it half the time on her face (making goofy embarassed faces etc) 

that's why every other fanbases make fun of britards

I seriously love Janet. Her shows are about straight-up dancing. IMO she's been the best in the game followed by old-school Britney and JLo (who is second now of course if not first). And yes - the actual choreography is GOOD and interesting. That's a big problem for POM. The moves are so basic. However, my theory is that you can hire any choreographer you want and they are going to make a routine that the artist is capable of doing. They probably see that she can't bust out Janet-like moves anymore so they do watered-down routines. And Britney being a little lazy with it probably waters them down even more. Look at that IG video of the MM choreography when they're in the studio... That was pretty decent and then look what we got onstage. 

2 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

1 hour ago, Cookie Lyon said:

that's why every other fanbases make fun of britards

Wtf are you guys talking about? When did I say Britney was "full out dancing" or anything like that?

I meant JANET has great rhythm and timing, and she's underrated... I edited my post if it confused you guys.

well..I don't see anything much better and harder in Janet's choreo here..she just has attitude while doing it..while Britney's choreo is more complex but it's not that pleasing to the eyes because she doesn't use/have that fire anymore

4 hours ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Agreed. There's no way she's super flexible and doing flips/handstands off stage and being stiff/not dancing on stage. She needs someone who will challenge her. 

that's legit what I've been saying since 2013 but great to see that people are realizing that

10 hours ago, Streets said:

That aside, JANET's rhythm is really good and she's perfectly on time with everything. She's really talented, and very underrated. She doesn't get enough credit

I think Janet's super stardom was doing fine up until the nipplegate. Her peak was Janet and was rivaling nicely with Michael and Madonna. But yes, unfortunately for the wardrobe malfunction; the media was looking for something to take her down. There's an old saying that goes, "They build you up so they can tear you down." I think every single big pop star has to go through that phase.

Things have never been the same for Janet after the wardrobe malfunction. Funny sad thing is fast forward to 2017, Nicki Minaj bares her breast with nipple pasty during Paris fashion week but the media/public barely make a fuss of it.

For Britney, the way I see it, her swag is slowly returning. She has energy but half assed on most performances at POM. I don't know if she's bored due to the bland and uninspiring choreography or her choreographer is not challenging her or she just doesn't care. She seems to be on point when it comes to POM's Gimme More though. The energy and the swag.

I looked through Chase and his dancers' choreography outside POM and all are fine. All of them are capable of creating more 'complicated' choreography.

I think the problem here is that no one is really guiding and teaching Britney again as a dancer. No one dares to step on it and tell her, "No, you shouldn't do this. Do that." Maybe no one dares to push her too much because of what she went through. But I think that is a mistake. She needs a choreographer who dares to tell her no, someone who can inspire her to push her whole swag out of her system again, challenge her dancing and help her to enjoy dancing in a whole again. The rest is up to Britney - dancing requires a lot of training to stay sharp and on point.

I think up to now, Britney's best choreographers are the late Andre and also Colombus Short. Andre's choreography ( Circus) was not so complicated but very well done and understand enough the best movement for Britney. Colombus pushes the whole swag out of Britney. He really challenged Britney from A to Z and Britney responded fiercely and beautifully. I also think Tina London (Oops) and Wade Robson & Crystal Chewning (I'm a Slave 4 U) worked very well with Britney.

I cannot categorized myself as a fan of Britney but I do admire Britney as a performer. I support her cause and music by buying original stuff.

I do wish one day, Britney and Janet can meet up so Janet can 'mentor' Britney to bring out the best of her as a performer. Maybe it requires another pop royalty to 'guide' another pop royalty. Britney after all  is the closest heir to the pop royalty; Michael, Janet and Madonna.

- Just a 2 cent opinion from another dancer

I have been a die hard britney fan since day one. However it is only in the past couple of years that I have become a huge Janet fan. And I was fortunate enough to see her perform on the Unbreakable Tour before it got canceled. I have also seen Britney 4 times over the years. Although Brit was always be number 1 in my heart, here is what makes Janet's tours more enjoyable (in my personal opinion) She has always had killer video choreography and it's iconic. She's known for her videos, like britney. But unlike B, Janet always performs the video's choreo in her shows. People recognize it, the love it and she always nails it, even as she's gotten older she may not do the entire song, but when that break or chorus comes, she ALWAYS nails it. And with SO much passion and enthusiasm. Also Janet, always has pre-recorded or live vocals. Like Brit, she isn't known for her vocal chops, but she at least ATTEMPTS to make it sound live. Plus she's constantly ad-libbing and interacting with the audience weather its with a "COME ON" or "LET ME HEAR YA" she is consistently in tune with her audience. All these things are something that Britney lacks. And it really is unfortunate. But truth be told, it's all very doable. And it doesn't matter who choreographs what. Bottom line is, Britney does not put the effort into making something good, GREAT. She has all the power. You can't blame her team, her choreographers. Anyone because there is one person on stage. And that person is in charge of putting on the type of show SHE wants. 

15 hours ago, Jay83 said:

I think Janet's super stardom was doing fine up until the nipplegate. Her peak was Janet and was rivaling nicely with Michael and Madonna. But yes, unfortunately for the wardrobe malfunction; the media was looking for something to take her down. There's an old saying that goes, "They build you up so they can tear you down." I think every single big pop star has to go through that phase.

Damn that's a response :wowow:

All well said, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point its Britney herself and no one else. POM's choreo is super watered down for Britney, and the dancers around Britney are't doing anything remarkable but they're at least doing complex and more interesting moves. We saw Britney's original POM Toxic choreo, and the choreographer was trying to push her and correct her. Somehow along the line, the original Toxic choreo got scrapped for a really light (and lame) performance that doesn't do such a big song justice. Even if the tree prop was brought in after the original choreography, there's no reason she couldn't come down from the tree and then execute the moves. 

There's a chance she just kind of lost her ability and/or she's insecure about her dancing today (especially considering how much pressure is on her from her prime, and the bar she set).. But I find that hard to believe more and more considering how into fitness she is and how flexible she's become again. She's into doing her leaps and somersaults, etc.. That athletic girl that led to her complex and vigorous choreography is back, but Britney's passion for hard choreography just seems to be missing.

Archived