Britney needs to higher whoever choreographed Janet's Umbreakable Tour

Michaelgiftos

22 hours ago, Streets said:

Damn that's a response :wowow:

All well said, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point its Britney herself and no one else. POM's choreo is super watered down for Britney, and the dancers around Britney are't doing anything remarkable but they're at least doing complex and more interesting moves. We saw Britney's original POM Toxic choreo, and the choreographer was trying to push her and correct her. Somehow along the line, the original Toxic choreo got scrapped for a really light (and lame) performance that doesn't do such a big song justice. Even if the tree prop was brought in after the original choreography, there's no reason she couldn't come down from the tree and then execute the moves. 

There's a chance she just kind of lost her ability and/or she's insecure about her dancing today (especially considering how much pressure is on her from her prime, and the bar she set).. But I find that hard to believe more and more considering how into fitness she is and how flexible she's become again. She's into doing her leaps and somersaults, etc.. That athletic girl that led to her complex and vigorous choreography is back, but Britney's passion for hard choreography just seems to be missing.

Haha. I like to write. A lot.

One thing that that I have noticed, Britney counts her steps after Circus era. She wasn't as spontaneous as before. Every single movement was counted. I personally believe she was affected by whatever medicine/treatment that she had to go with throughout the years. But that's just me.

However, I also noticed that she has loosen a bit on certain performances in POM such as Gimme More, Work *****. She doesn't  count much and more spontaneous. She's gaining her confidence, slowly but assuredly.

Dancing requires a lot of confidence. If I recalled Britney once said that she has lost her swag in a TV special.

I hope one day she remembers that she was a dancing machine and will pursue that title once again.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2017 at 11:43 PM, applehead said:

I have been a die hard britney fan since day one. However it is only in the past couple of years that I have become a huge Janet fan. And I was fortunate enough to see her perform on the Unbreakable Tour before it got canceled. I have also seen Britney 4 times over the years. Although Brit was always be number 1 in my heart, here is what makes Janet's tours more enjoyable (in my personal opinion) She has always had killer video choreography and it's iconic. She's known for her videos, like britney. But unlike B, Janet always performs the video's choreo in her shows. People recognize it, the love it and she always nails it, even as she's gotten older she may not do the entire song, but when that break or chorus comes, she ALWAYS nails it. And with SO much passion and enthusiasm. Also Janet, always has pre-recorded or live vocals. Like Brit, she isn't known for her vocal chops, but she at least ATTEMPTS to make it sound live. Plus she's constantly ad-libbing and interacting with the audience weather its with a "COME ON" or "LET ME HEAR YA" she is consistently in tune with her audience. All these things are something that Britney lacks. And it really is unfortunate. But truth be told, it's all very doable. And it doesn't matter who choreographs what. Bottom line is, Britney does not put the effort into making something good, GREAT. She has all the power. You can't blame her team, her choreographers. Anyone because there is one person on stage. And that person is in charge of putting on the type of show SHE wants. 

Archived