what damaged britney's career

David.

Her never singing live in a landscape of everyone singing live really damaged her. I know you all say "no one expects Britney to sing live" but that is a lie because it is the #1 thing commented on when she performs. People do want her to sing live and her team even knows it! Which is why they lied about her doing it in Vegas, had reviewers talk about her singing live during the POM preview, and lied about he seeing a vocal coach. She will never be taken seriously as long as she's not singing. 

Singing live could undo so much damage. People would even excuse her dancing if she were to sing. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David. said:

i would have preferred a scene without the backbend than her team trying to fool us

we dont know what happened but we know the results 

agreed. they actually replaced in the 'DANCE' cut a second moment where the body double was used but they kept the backbend. They tried to fool us twice :squintney:

2 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

Her never singing live in a landscape of everyone singing live really damaged her. I know you all say "no one expects Britney to sing live" but that is a lie because it is the #1 thing commented on when she performs. People do want her to sing live and her team even knows it! Which is why they lied about her doing it in Vegas, had reviewers talk about her singing live during the POM preview, and lied about he seeing a vocal coach. She will never be taken seriously as long as she's not singing. 

Singing live could undo so much damage. People would even excuse her dancing if she were to sing. 

singing live would help but its not what damaged her career

she has always been trashed for lipsyncing ALWAYS 

question during bomt era, trashed during oops era, britney era, itz era, circus tour on australia hello

and ofc they lied, she is not gonna say "im gonna lipsync like i always do" that sentence alone would make headlines worldwide in a bad bad way

so no, it isnt what damaged her career, not performing as good as she used to did 

The thing is simple: Britney was known for big controversial performances, but she no longer does them. Britney was also very mysterious in the public eye, no one really knew how she was, until she revealed how she was "boring" so it kind of just turned people off. There are other pop girls who sing live and are in their twenties that people feel like they relate to more. Now Britney just performs in Vegas for a living, and looks after her children.. she is nearly 40.

15 minutes ago, David. said:

i mean femme fatale had promo but she messed up the choreo of hiam for all of the performance but one, looked dead and way out of shape

it was just bad

Yes it did have promotion but not a PROPER promotion. The only promotion was 3 performances with almost the same stage, GMA, Jimmy Kimmel and a Vegas nightclub. After that just the FFT and that was it :sassybrit:

10 minutes ago, David. said:

singing live would help but its not what damaged her career

she has always been trashed for lipsyncing ALWAYS 

question during bomt era, trashed during oops era, britney era, itz era, circus tour on australia hello

and ofc they lied, she is not gonna say "im gonna lipsync like i always do" that sentence alone would make headlines worldwide in a bad bad way

so no, it isnt what damaged her career, not performing as good as she used to did 

Ok, how about this: her drastically reduced dancing skill along with her still not singing live hurt her a lot. Say what you want, but her doing things like that FF promo without singing a word live was a terrible idea. She was forgiven for Circus because it was the comeback. FF on people needed her to either sing or dance. Britney did neither. Britney could have saved a lot by just singing live, but she refused. The GP does want vocals. Every other popstar sings. Britney looks terrible out there not singing, not moving her body, looking lost, and having no rhythm. Something has to give. 

I was trying to be nice before. 

21 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

Ok, how about this: her drastically reduced dancing skill along with her still not singing live hurt her a lot. Say what you want, but her doing things like that FF promo without singing a word live was a terrible idea. She was forgiven for Circus because it was the comeback. FF on people needed her to either sing or dance. Britney did neither. Britney could have saved a lot by just singing live, but she refused. The GP does want vocals. Every other popstar sings. Britney looks terrible out there not singing, not moving her body, looking lost, and having no rhythm. Something has to give. 

I was trying to be nice before. 

she will not sing live and she doesnt have to go on that route to improve

her image is dated, her choreos (most of them) are dull 

fix those two things, get a producer to write her a few generic songs (she needs a generic song to get a hit and then she can experiment again) and she will be fine

still no need to sing live 

Everything was alright till I Wanna Go. The problem was when Jive was absorbed by RCA. Criminal could've done a little better with more support from the label. S&S was just released in the precise moment, but for me it was just very lucky. Still, everything was ok til that point, despite the X Factor.

The S&S remix video was amazing, but the remix itself was meh. I don't think that helped nor damaged her status. Ooh La La was a great song for me, but the movie was just awful, and so was the video.  I mean, if it had the impact that Let It Go would have later that year, it would've been awesome, but the movie wasn't that popular. It didn't matter because to this point she hadn't released like a proper single to be taken seriously. Britney Jean needed to be the real "comeback", and it had all the potential, but I think WB getting censored, no live performance. I mean, it should've been premiered at the VMA's, or at least the infamous desert performance on GMA. Even with Vegas, she had several months before the residency started to perform the song, and even a second single, which could've been another of the up-tempos instead of Perfume. We'll never know how a liver performance would've gone back then, because the memories of the first shows in Vegas still haunt me, but it was mainly because of the wigs and unflattering outfits, other than that she was still miles better then FFney, so I guess it would've had a positive response from us, and the GP.

The Perfume video mess was the beginning of the end. But the worst thing that they could've done, as I aaaalways say, was letting the entire 2014 go by without releasing a damn single from BJ. The issue here isn't if what she did flopped or didn't, or if she released or not, or if Vegas or whatever. Most of the GP aren't aware of what she's done these past years, from BJ onwards. I bet they don't think she's a hasbeen reduced to a Vegas act, because they don't even know she has a show. The key here to her recent lack of success or popularity is not Perfume having a bad video, or Pretty Girls, or Make Me... I mean, it does hurt to have 3 awful videos in a row, but the real thing is the huge amount of time they've spent without releasing something big again, whether is a performance, a song, a video. Glory was amazing, but it was already too late. The public has moved on with her. They don't think she's bad. They just don't think about her anymore.  They could release a single and flop, but they should keep trying with another song, and another song, and another till something hits.  She's released over 30 songs since 2013, but she's only tried with 5 singles: 2 per album, and Pretty Girls. If it's gonna take that long to release albums, the most obvious thing to do would be to take advantage of that amount of time and release lots of singles, even taking months between each one. When it comes to the music industry, artists cannot take that much time between releases or they are forgotten by the public, unless they're coming with something super, super big.

People might think she's an act from the past, not because she's performing her classic hits in Vegas and the latest festivals, but because literally, the last huge hit was in 2012, almost 5 years ago, when the decade was just getting started. Now the decade is coming to an end, and she's still yet to release a massive hit again. Everything can happen in these next years. At least she's proven she's still capable of doing great videos, with Slumber Party, even if she seems to have lost her touch when it comes to choosing the singles britney_spears___still_the_same_britney_

Maybe the next decade, in the new 20's (feel old af) she'll have her second chance, when the 2000's become trendy again. Maybe even before, starting from 2018 when BOMT turns 20.

43 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Everything was alright till I Wanna Go. The problem was when Jive was absorbed by RCA. Criminal could've done a little better with more support from the label. S&S was just released in the precise moment, but for me it was just very lucky. Still, everything was ok til that point, despite the X Factor.

The S&S remix video was amazing, but the remix itself was meh. I don't think that helped nor damaged her status. Ooh La La was a great song for me, but the movie was just awful, and so was the video.  I mean, if it had the impact that Let It Go would have later that year, it would've been awesome, but the movie wasn't that popular. It didn't matter because to this point she hadn't released like a proper single to be taken seriously. Britney Jean needed to be the real "comeback", and it had all the potential, but I think WB getting censored, no live performance. I mean, it should've been premiered at the VMA's, or at least the infamous desert performance on GMA. Even with Vegas, she had several months before the residency started to perform the song, and even a second single, which could've been another of the up-tempos instead of Perfume. We'll never know how a liver performance would've gone back then, because the memories of the first shows in Vegas still haunt me, but it was mainly because of the wigs and unflattering outfits, other than that she was still miles better then FFney, so I guess it would've had a positive response from us, and the GP.

The Perfume video mess was the beginning of the end. But the worst thing that they could've done, as I aaaalways say, was letting the entire 2014 go by without releasing a damn single from BJ. The issue here isn't if what she did flopped or didn't, or if she released or not, or if Vegas or whatever. Most of the GP aren't aware of what she's done these past years, from BJ onwards. I bet they don't think she's a hasbeen reduced to a Vegas act, because they don't even know she has a show. The key here to her recent lack of success or popularity is not Perfume having a bad video, or Pretty Girls, or Make Me... I mean, it does hurt to have 3 awful videos in a row, but the real thing is the huge amount of time they've spent without releasing something big again, whether is a performance, a song, a video. Glory was amazing, but it was already too late. The public has moved on with her. They don't think she's bad. They just don't think about her anymore.  They could release a single and flop, but they should keep trying with another song, and another song, and another till something hits.  She's released over 30 songs since 2013, but she's only tried with 5 singles: 2 per album, and Pretty Girls. If it's gonna take that long to release albums, the most obvious thing to do would be to take advantage of that amount of time and release lots of singles, even taking months between each one. When it comes to the music industry, artists cannot take that much time between releases or they are forgotten by the public, unless they're coming with something super, super big.

People might think she's an act from the past, not because she's performing her classic hits in Vegas and the latest festivals, but because literally, the last huge hit was in 2012, almost 5 years ago, when the decade was just getting started. Now the decade is coming to an end, and she's still yet to release a massive hit again. Everything can happen in these next years. At least she's proven she's still capable of doing great videos, with Slumber Party, even if she seems to have lost her touch when it comes to choosing the singles britney_spears___still_the_same_britney_

Maybe the next decade, in the new 20's (feel old af) she'll have her second chance, when the 2000's become trendy again. Maybe even before, starting from 2018 when BOMT turns 20.

she needs big exposure 

that is why i think her doing the superbowl would be a good idea

ofc she would need to kill herself rehearsing and her team needs to hire a new image team to re brand britney etc

it would take work but its possible

the mini medley she did in the bbma proved it 

she is not interesting anymore ... she has no street style to look up to like rihanna or beyonce have... she doesnt often attend events  ... or attend talkshows ... she is boring now and young people dont like that...she doesnt do snapchat or instagram stories... 

lipsyncing is damagin her career as well... 

The breakdown DEFINITELY made her lose fans AND the GP, most of them just remember the head shaving incident. That had the most effect imo.

Also, her break up with Justin and how he put her on blast definitely started the hate. As well as her behavior in 2004. 

Right now, I think her average performances, newer music videos, and her lack of singing is heavily contributing to the damage in her career. 

She's constantly being judged because of what she did, what she went through, and her abilities as a singer/dancer. 

28 minutes ago, The Holy Spearit said:

This. People still saw Britney as a crazy lunatic during Circus and Femme Fatale but the GP still BOUGHT her singles and BOUGHT her albums. The GP requested her SONGS on the RADIO. What damaged Britney's career was Vegas. The GP don't give that much of a **** about the Myah Marie drama. Britney ruined her career by getting stuck in Vegas and not promoting her albums. She and her team are lazy.

nope

vegas happened after the gp were kinda over her

femme fatale didnt flop so bad cause she was still kinda interesting coming from circus and the music was generic and radio friendly, nothing different

rn she is paying the consequences of not giving a **** during ff and bj

A lot of this contributed to why her career is in bad shape now. 

It hasn't nothing to do with videos up until MM. No one knows she has new music now to see her videos.

THe FF singles are the only music I still hear played from Britney.

Vegas and her live singing is a huge part of it too though

Archived