Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

what damaged britney's career


David.

Recommended Posts

so what is affecting britney isnt vegas, or glory, or her festivals she did last year

the thing is that her past caught up to her 

yes

 

 

 

among other stuff

she got comfy and did the bare minimum for too long

also the videos for ttwe, hiam, criminal, radar, iwg etc

they are all good for the fans but she had an iconic and very raw videography, those videos were so edited and so controlled

they were all pure edition, choosing a few secs from the best scenes they had and pasting them together and if they didnt get what they wanted they used a body double

that is what happened

its not vegas, its not that she doesnt sing live, she damaged her image and reputation all by herself and it got to her

Link to comment
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The music videos weren't an issue other than the scrapping of Gimme More, Perfume and Make Me...

they werent that big of an issue for us but definitely it wasnt on the same level she used to deliver

the edition was too obvious, the body doubles, etc

she looked dead in ttwe except for the openin scene, as much as i love the hiam video its full of edition and body doubles

they werent what damaged the most but they didnt help

iwg video ruined the song for example 

Link to comment
Just now, David. said:

they werent that big of an issue for us but definitely it wasnt on the same level she used to deliver

the edition was too obvious, the body doubles, etc

she looked dead in ttwe except for the openin scene, as much as i love the hiam video its full of edition and body doubles

they werent what damaged the most but they didnt help

iwg video ruined the song for example 

It ruined it for you, but IWG remains her most watched video on VEVO.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

the Femme Fatale did NOT damage her reputation, she had S&S after it, her BIGGEST hit ever.

 

what really damaged her reputation was the Desert Drama and Vegas (she lost many fans from countries apart from the US, as you can see by Glory sales WW)

the desert drama happened among fans

and yeah ff is what damaged her career the most

scream and shout was a hit cause will was hot back then and it was a generic song with a generic beat

Link to comment

I don't think so. Even though I wasn't a fan of femme fatale and her performances there were some of the worst in her career, the album and singles still did well. Not to mention, Scream and Shout performed well after that, so people were still checking for her around that time

I think the real issue is that her team have done poorly in terms of promotion ever since the femme fatale era. There are a lot of people who think Britney hasn't made an album since Femme Fatale. And there are some that think Work ***** was just a stand alone single. 

Link to comment

Probably that she stopped being like "cool" she stopped going to parties and events and also fashion took a huge turn in the 2010's and she didn't participate so she kinda just slowly started to fade away I feel like and then she'd drop good music and videos but then either not perform them or perform them badly 

Link to comment
Just now, Disney Princess said:

I don't think so. Even though I wasn't a fan of femme fatale and her performances there were some of the worst in her career, the album and singles still did well. Not to mention, Scream and Shout performed well after that, so people were still checking for her around that time

I think the real issue is that her team have done poorly in terms of promotion ever since the femme fatale era. There are a lot of people who think Britney hasn't made an album since Femme Fatale. And there are some that think Work ***** was just a stand alone single. 

the femme fatale era did good cause people were still interested in her cause of the whole comeback hype and she was coming from circus

the music was good but her attitude and performances really is what damaged her rep

as i said, s&s was mostly a hit because of will and him being hot at the time, he had a bunch of hit songs and it was mostly luck 

femme fatale was mainly bad press after bad press 

 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Disney Princess said:

I don't think so. Even though I wasn't a fan of femme fatale and her performances there were some of the worst in her career, the album and singles still did well. Not to mention, Scream and Shout performed well after that, so people were still checking for her around that time

I think the real issue is that her team have done poorly in terms of promotion ever since the femme fatale era. There are a lot of people who think Britney hasn't made an album since Femme Fatale. And there are some that think Work ***** was just a stand alone single. 

This is it.

She didn't promote Britney Jean, it took a complete backseat to Vegas in addition to being a really weak album.

There's no reason why she had a global hit in 2012 and then Work ***** flopping in 2013.

Link to comment
Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

This is it.

She didn't promote Britney Jean, it took a complete backseat to Vegas in addition to being a really weak album.

but the lack of interest didnt happen just cause of that

britney tarnished herself and her performance skills during the femme fatale era

in circus she received some bad press for not dancing too much but not that much but ff came and it was even worse and the media noticed

and when she didnt do anything for bj ofc it was worse but people were already aware that she was a shitty performer back then

dont u remember how scared we were and how sure we were that vegas was going to flop?

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

the Femme Fatale did NOT damage her reputation, she had S&S after it, her BIGGEST hit ever with literally 0 promo.

 

what really damaged her reputation was the Desert Drama and Vegas (she lost many fans from other countries, as you can see by Glory sales WW)

What is the desert drama?

Link to comment
Just now, MakeMeFweaky said:

What is the desert drama?

that jordan said she was performing but she didnt

no offical announcement was made so the meltdown happen just on exhale and among the army on twitter really

that wasnt a huge factor outside the fanbase 

Link to comment

You shouldn't bash the FF videos like it's her fault. she was clearly on meds and actually needed the heavy editing/ body double cuz otherwise she wouldn't achieve the move where they bend their backs and the video would be boring because she wasn't 100%, etc. I don't think she was ready for an era at all. 

Link to comment
Just now, Wiggle said:

You shouldn't bash the FF videos like it's her fault. she was clearly on meds and actually needed the heavy editing/ body double cuz otherwise she wouldn't achieve the move where they bend their backs and the video would be boring because she wasn't 100%, etc. I don't think she was ready for an era at all. 

i would have preferred a scene without the backbend than her team trying to fool us

we dont know what happened but we know the results 

 

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block