what damaged britney's career

David.

1. She wasn't in the tabloids anymore. Nothing scandalous happening, not dating other celebrities, just leading a low key life with her kids not doing anything to gain attention.

2. No huge performances at award shows that the GP would report about or remember.

3. Lack of huge hit singles.

4. Lack of a clear direction in terms of image or professional growth.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Work_Guilty said:

and.......

britney-spears-kevinfederline-chaotic-60

wpid-shaveheadx17_450x350.jpg

Britney-Spears-2007-VMAs-560x340.jpg

vegas is the best what happened  to briteny since 2003 so STFU 

the GP love her and connected more then ever 

but still the damage of 2004-2013 she need to work ***** more 

She was very successful and lived until 2013 more like FFT. 

Ppl got over 2007 during Circus but after Britney and her team have really hurt her career.

(Ppl got over 2007 during Circus )

:zoomzoom: mabye the fans got over it but not the world Bcuz she disconnected her self no body know what was gone on with her even her fans she did good in circus and FF BCUZ of the comeback hype not Bcuz she was amazing! Ppl were ******** on her back in 2009-2012 she was a joke and yes BJ is **** but Ppl loved WB the song / the video the image of old britney she improved since 2013 now she is more open and connected with ths fanz and the Ppl she is danceing better she is enjoying preforimg again :bop:

I honestly think it was bad marketing since the 08 comeback. She's not really matured properly as an artist, and that not her fault, she's tried but it's been stopped. They are acting like its still the year 2000 and she's still a 19 Year old teen queen and every pop act is still lip syncing. :kesha:

That and the terrible promotion methods and slap dash treatment of the Make me video. :byebitch:

Also the truth is that being #1 and trying always being there is damaging for yourself and your family. Don't forget that Britney was for a really long time and there was no ballance because she is not someone who people just like, no they get obsessed with her.

It's really smart from her side to be the way she is right now but only the future will tell.

47 minutes ago, BraveGraphics said:

I would say her fans and how they are ungrateful & over think everything tbh :staysalty:

what is up with the negativity in here :sassybrit:

I agree with this to some degree as well, her fans have been so bitchy and ungrateful since the comeback tbh.......I've never seen any other fan base rip apart their fave like Britney fans do! I mean that's part of the reason why Bey is so popular her fans literally eat up anything she does even if it's ****....like horrible Formation! I feel like Britney's fans didn't/don't really get that she went through such a traumatic life event and that she's not the same person and never will be and instead of embracing what she gives and being happy she does anything anymore......they ***** about it because it's not enough for them or not exactly what they want!  

6 hours ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

the Femme Fatale did NOT damage her reputation, she had S&S after it, her BIGGEST hit ever with literally 0 promo.

what really damaged her reputation was the Desert Drama and Vegas (she lost many fans from other countries, as you can see by Glory sales WW)

Just the fans know something about the desert drama, yeah she lost fans fore sure but the gp wasn't there for her and vegas... I wanna remind you that a lot of people think that Britney is not doing music or performing, like Europe... so again, she lost FANS with Vegas, desert or scrapping videos, but yeah the GP lost intrest in her in 2011!

Yes, S&S was a huge hit but we have to remember that it was a duet (I know that the track is famous because of Britney but Will I Am was a thing back then, remember the success with Justin too?) and she was on tv like every day because of X Factor, the perfume, the second episode of glee. 

FF destroyed her career, she sold well because it was just two year after Circus, people LOVED Britney during the Circus era! Do you remember the body douuble scandal (i'm talking about ttwe, not hiam, just the fans know that in HIAM video)? Everyone said something like "ahahahah she is fat, she can't sing and now she can't dance, look at her!" it was everywhere, i remember at shool the day after everyone talked (in a bad way) about her! And that happened the same days of the promo performances (worst thing in her whole career) and do you remember the media? "Britney is a robot" "she can't dance" "what happened to britney?" "is she the same girl?"... And for the first time she had problems with tickets for a tour and she had to call Nicky as a special guest! Femme Fatale era really destroyed everything (for the GP): her beauty, her talent as a performer, her talent as a dancer, her iconic moments...

And BJ is the result of it: the public wasn't there for her! People keep saying "people didn't buy Britney Jean because the album sucks"... yeah because the public (non-fans) cares about the quality of the music, right? People didn't buy Britney Jean because she wasn't a thing after Femme Fatale.

The 2006-2007 era didnt ruin Britneys career. Her fanbase was still very huge, she was very successful and the GP was interested. I don't think her career is ruined but she lost lots of fans and interest of the gp. 

- Las Vegas (this is taking way too long and fans like to stan for someone who is more active instead of one show at one place)

- Britney Jean (this album is a joke and a disaster. very disrespectful to her real fans who are supporting her no matter what)

- Pretty Girls (i love the song but the message got lots of hate and Iggy was hated sooo badly)

- Make Me video 

8 hours ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

the Femme Fatale did NOT damage her reputation, she had S&S after it, her BIGGEST hit ever with literally 0 promo.

what really damaged her reputation was the Desert Drama and Vegas (she lost many fans from other countries, as you can see by Glory sales WW)

Don't be delusional. Her reputation was damaged by Circus era.. She did sold out huge WW tour, but she lost big amount of fans. Then they waited too long to put new music out there, when she started with FF tour she looked really bad, bad press, bad performances, too generic music and all of that backfired them with bad visit of FF tour (it was still OK but not good in terms of Britney standard). Then they destroyed her reputation even more with Xfactor. That killed her stardom. Yes S&S was huge hit, but just because it was catchy and something new from Brit. BJ era was the result of all bad choices that they made. As well as Glory era.

She ruined her reputation by constantly bad looks, mediocre performances, because of attitude I don't have to prove anything, and obviously lack of passion.

I don't care, it's her career and her life. But she has to realize that she will be forgotten if she continues this way.

The problem is not in LV residency, the problem is in her, her creative team, management team and her label. Because it seems they don't have idea how to market Britney Spears anymore. 

If they want her to be successful again, they need to start from scratch! New image, fresh creative ideas about music, outfits, performances, producers and her will to invest more time in dance practice and stage appearance.

8 hours ago, CriminalLegend said:

Just the fans know something about the desert drama, yeah she lost fans fore sure but the gp wasn't there for her and vegas... I wanna remind you that a lot of people think that Britney is not doing music or performing, like Europe... so again, she lost FANS with Vegas, desert or scrapping videos, but yeah the GP lost intrest in her in 2011!

Yes, S&S was a huge hit but we have to remember that it was a duet (I know that the track is famous because of Britney but Will I Am was a thing back then, remember the success with Justin too?) and she was on tv like every day because of X Factor, the perfume, the second episode of glee. 

FF destroyed her career, she sold well because it was just two year after Circus, people LOVED Britney during the Circus era! Do you remember the body douuble scandal (i'm talking about ttwe, not hiam, just the fans know that in HIAM video)? Everyone said something like "ahahahah she is fat, she can't sing and now she can't dance, look at her!" it was everywhere, i remember at shool the day after everyone talked (in a bad way) about her! And that happened the same days of the promo performances (worst thing in her whole career) and do you remember the media? "Britney is a robot" "she can't dance" "what happened to britney?" "is she the same girl?"... And for the first time she had problems with tickets for a tour and she had to call Nicky as a special guest! Femme Fatale era really destroyed everything (for the GP): her beauty, her talent as a performer, her talent as a dancer, her iconic moments...

And BJ is the result of it: the public wasn't there for her! People keep saying "people didn't buy Britney Jean because the album sucks"... yeah because the public (non-fans) cares about the quality of the music, right? People didn't buy Britney Jean because she wasn't a thing after Femme Fatale.

6 hours ago, AndrejBLV said:

Don't be delusional. Her reputation was damaged by Circus era.. She did sold out huge WW tour, but she lost big amount of fans. Then they waited too long to put new music out there, when she started with FF tour she looked really bad, bad press, bad performances, too generic music and all of that backfired them with bad visit of FF tour (it was still OK but not good in terms of Britney standard). Then they destroyed her reputation even more with Xfactor. That killed her stardom. Yes S&S was huge hit, but just because it was catchy and something new from Brit. BJ era was the result of all bad choices that they made. As well as Glory era.

She ruined her reputation by constantly bad looks, mediocre performances, because of attitude I don't have to prove anything, and obviously lack of passion.

I don't care, it's her career and her life. But she has to realize that she will be forgotten if she continues this way.

The problem is not in LV residency, the problem is in her, her creative team, management team and her label. Because it seems they don't have idea how to market Britney Spears anymore. 

If they want her to be successful again, they need to start from scratch! New image, fresh creative ideas about music, outfits, performances, producers and her will to invest more time in dance practice and stage appearance.

this and this 

and tbh people were giving her a pass for circus cause she was ok, not as good as primeney but not bad, it was interesting, music was great, videos were great, she looked great, promo performances were good, nothing wow, ff came and everything collapsed, she was suposed to improve after circus but she got worse, even worse than her breakdown 

-Her lack of dancing 2008 and after, overall.

-The whole Femme Fatale era  attitude didn't help at all.

-X Factor, and her not seeming to want to be there.

-She hadn't sing live in years.

-Pretty Girls wasn't a great song. 

-People waiting years for her full blown comeback.

-Her lack of energy until the Glory era.

-

Archived