Let me tell you something about femme fatale

Nando.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lustwecantcontrol said:

My problem with FF is it was a bit too safe and Britney gets lost in it a bit, I know it's an unpopular opinion but I hate TTWE because it is the most generic song she has ever released......it reeks of awful Kesha because she wrote it and I don't believe for a minute she actually wrote it for Britney.....it was totally one of her leftovers she may have revamped and handed off. There are some gems on the album though and I think Trouble For Me which you mentioned is one of them......I don't understand why that song gets so much hate, it's one of the few from the album that I still listen to on the regular. I also think Selfish (even though it's generic) and How I Roll are super underrated! IMO it's an album of hits and misses....like BFB is imo the worst song she's ever released and Gasoline while kind of fun is the definition of a filler song, but then you have really awesome tracks like the ones I already mentioned and IO, TTYH, UND etc. 

I hate TTWE too.

And my favorite FF song is Trouble for me. :carpoolney:

8 minutes ago, Nando. said:

You like to be the debbie downer in a thread dont you? Have you ever heard of a writing camp? Do you know writers write with an artist in mind sometimes dont you? It usually helps if it hits the artist personally. And she chose the song. 1+1=2 tbh

How am I being a debbie downer when I'm only stating facts?

Lol the writing camp material at Teresa LaBarbera Whites was entirely scrapped after she left JIVE for Columbia after a label fall out. A lot of those songs ended up going to Beyonce during her sessions for 4.

"I Wanna Go", "Criminal" and "Up n' Down" were recorded in 2009 for The Singles Collection but they went with "3".

Britney had another concept in mind while she was recording during early 2010 with Darkchild and other producers. It wasn't until late 2010 that everything was passed over in favor of Max Martin and Dr. Luke taking over and filling up the album with their songs and whoever decided to kiss their *** and have material that was weaker than their own songs.

William Orbit produced a song with Klas Åhlund (Piece of Me) that he described as totally killer but didn't make the final tracklist. It's clear Britney was not given much control on this album.

Sorry if I prefer an artist's intentions and talent shine through than have a faceless album, no matter how well produced it is.

Well then. You've given more thought to those lyrics than Britney has lol. If FFney had been asked what Trouble For Me was about she would say "You know it's just like a really fun personal song about something that like isn't good for you, you know? But like, you like it anyways."  :sassybrit: If currentney was asked about it she would be thinking in her head "What TF is a Trouble For Me??" And then proceed to say "I don't know. It's a song, you know? :idkney:"

Meh. I just don't like FF. Britney didn't seem very happy or involved during that time and I also just hate the way music sounded back then. I hated the 09-11 Katy/Gaga/Kesha **** fest of basicness.

13 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

How am I being a debbie downer when I'm only stating facts?

Lol the writing camp material at Teresa LaBarbera Whites was entirely scrapped after she left JIVE for Columbia after a label fall out. A lot of those songs ended up going to Beyonce during her sessions for 4.

"I Wanna Go", "Criminal" and "Up n' Down" were recorded in 2009 for The Singles Collection but they went with "3".

Britney had another concept in mind while she was recording during early 2010 with Darkchild and other producers. It wasn't until late 2010 that everything was passed over in favor of Max Martin and Dr. Luke taking over and filling up the album with their songs and whoever decided to kiss their *** and have material that was weaker than their own songs.

William Orbit produced a song with Klas Åhlund (Piece of Me) that he described as totally killer but didn't make the final tracklist. It's clear Britney was not given much control on this album.

Sorry if I prefer an artist's intentions and talent shine through than have a faceless album, no matter how well produced it is.

I actually think recording for FF went through many phases, I think she initially wanted it to have a more Urban vibe and then it transitioned to a more experimental ethereal vibe (Red Is The Color, Love Is War, TTYH, HIR) there were also reports that she wanted the album to be mid tempo/ballad heavy in the Summer of 2010 which Jive didn't think would sell so they brought in Dr. Luke and Max to make a really commercial album full of hits because they were desperate for material that would sell because the label was starting to fall apart.  

Fatte Female is a great album... maybe it got old very fast but back in 2011 it was in trends and I believe it even set up some trends :staysalty:

13 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

She has writing credits in every song, most of it is probably fake tho but still she had more input than FF

she didnt even used her voice for ******** how can u say she had more input than in FF :drown: 

I always loved Femme Fatale. It's an amazing album, full of great dance songs with good lyrics too. I mean Inside Out alone slays hard. And I don't understand all of your arguments that if Britney didn't wrote lyrics she doesn't feel them or that the album isn't her. She can connect to the song even if she didn't write the words. I mean that's exactly what happens when we, the fans, listen to her music - you connect with her lyrics and melody even if you didn't write it. I know that writing a song brings a new level of authenticity, but I'd rather have a song full of amazing songs even if she didn't write them all (FF or even Glory) rather than songs who she didn't write but she pretends like she did ( 300x300.jpg )

46 minutes ago, RedCarpet said:

Fatte Female is a great album... maybe it got old very fast but back in 2011 it was in trends and I believe it even set up some trends :staysalty:

she didnt even used her voice for ******** how can u say she had more input than in FF :drown: 

Because she was actually hands on in the writing of Brightest Morning Star and Hold On Tight. Koolkojack actually confirmed the initial HOT sessions were literally just her and him on her couch with his acoustic guitar.

46 minutes ago, RedCarpet said:

She used her voice. People in Exhale are making it seem like she didn't sing anything.

At first it was just Body Ache and Passenger, then it was CWY and Wb, now it's almost the entire album.

People here like to hate the album and being overdramatic

16 hours ago, OrWasThatYourShadow said:

Totally agree with this, most of the album is EDM generic fuzz. I also enjoy the less EDM songs like Trouble for Me and IO, but the album as a whole feels very meh even though the songs are okay. I think it just boils down to taste, I don't think it's a bad album or anything but it's too EDM/generic for me and doesn't feel very Britney. I honestly till this day can't tell TTWE and HIAM apart by name unless I sing them out in my head, they're so similar.

THIS.... Same for Shattered Glass and Kill the Lights for me

When are you guys going to learn that just because an artist didn't co-write a certain song, doesn't mean it's not personal to them? Unusual You and Why Should I Be Sad are two great examples of songs that Britney didn't co-write but they still obviously have deep meaning for her. Having said that, that doesn't apply to Femme Fatale. FF is an album of superficial sugar-coated bops, nothing more, nothing less. That's why the only song she  has a writing credit on is Scary.

I do agree that it's an amazing album tho. Up until she released FF she never really had an album that you could put on from start to finish and it's upbeat song after upbeat song. I feel like she definitely needed and album like it in her discography, but she never needs to record another one.

I like FF even if it wasn't the album that it was supposed to be originally (was supposed to be more urban or maybe even more pop rockish) and the era was quite lackluster and Britney didn't seem herself at times. It's a fun dance/pop album imo and has some great songs, although it was a good lead single i think HIAM is slightly overrated on here and i prefer the other singles from the album. Criminal is underrated and it's a shame it flopped imo.

Archived