Let me tell you something about femme fatale

Nando.

It is a great album

i was always on the hate side of the fanbase when it came to femme fatale

but i just started to hit the gym hard mode this year and i tried to listen to blackout while at it, thinking it would help. It did, but then the next day i put on femme fatale from start to finish and now i cant go to gym if im not listening to that album.

AND

i was paying attention to the lyrics and I think she said a lot personally in some of the songs. Like I wanna Go, "all tied up", "theres a countdown waiting for me to erupt", "ive been told who i should do it with", come on! That was so what was going on with her at the time.

then theres trouble for me

which to me is clearly about an addiction (dare I say alcohol?)

"youre only a danger to me"

"the party aint the same without you"

"thats why youre so good for everybody else but youre trouble for me"

i mean, we gotta love femme fatale. I know her body wasnt on point but in her lazyness and "give it up" attitude in that album we kinda got a glimpse of the real britney at the time. I think she did brilliant.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Wanna Go was written by Savan Kotecha and Trouble for Me was written by Livvi Franc.

There isn't any "real Britney" on that album. She was a puppet for Dr. Luke and Max Martin to pull the strings. It's the album that she has the least amount of input in.

It's a fun dance album for the gym or for a party and that's it really. It's a well produced and cohesive record but it isn't Britney at her core, only the superficial pop tart Britney.

I like really like FF too..I was surprised to learn that it was hated among her fans...I think that's because of the whole era and not because of the album alone.It bring back bad memories I guess? idk..that's the only logic I see to hating the whole album

My problem with FF is it was a bit too safe and Britney gets lost in it a bit, I know it's an unpopular opinion but I hate TTWE because it is the most generic song she has ever released......it reeks of awful Kesha because she wrote it and I don't believe for a minute she actually wrote it for Britney.....it was totally one of her leftovers she may have revamped and handed off. There are some gems on the album though and I think Trouble For Me which you mentioned is one of them......I don't understand why that song gets so much hate, it's one of the few from the album that I still listen to on the regular. I also think Selfish (even though it's generic) and How I Roll are super underrated! IMO it's an album of hits and misses....like BFB is imo the worst song she's ever released and Gasoline while kind of fun is the definition of a filler song, but then you have really awesome tracks like the ones I already mentioned and IO, TTYH, UND etc. 

9 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the album.  I love every Britney album besides 1/2 of Britney Jean, though.  She rarely goes wrong.

This is so true, her only real miss step was BJ but other than that all of her albums have been very good, I mean BOMT is prob her 2nd worse album imo but it's still one of the better late 90's Pop albums and while FF was generic she still managed to do generic well/better than her peers! 

46 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I Wanna Go was written by Savan Kotecha and Trouble for Me was written by Livvi Franc.

There isn't any "real Britney" on that album. She was a puppet for Dr. Luke and Max Martin to pull the strings. It's the album that she has the least amount of input in.

It's a fun dance album for the gym or for a party and that's it really. It's a well produced and cohesive record but it isn't Britney at her core, only the superficial pop tart Britney.

Image result for britney jean

you sure about that? 

25 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

My problem with FF is it was a bit too safe and Britney gets lost in it a bit, I know it's an unpopular opinion but I hate TTWE because it is the most generic song she has ever released......it reeks of awful Kesha because she wrote it and I don't believe for a minute she actually wrote it for Britney.....it was totally one of her leftovers she may have revamped and handed off. There are some gems on the album though and I think Trouble For Me which you mentioned is one of them......I don't understand why that song gets so much hate, it's one of the few from the album that I still listen to on the regular. I also think Selfish (even though it's generic) and How I Roll are super underrated! IMO it's an album of hits and misses....like BFB is imo the worst song she's ever released and Gasoline while kind of fun is the definition of a filler song, but then you have really awesome tracks like the ones I already mentioned and IO, TTYH, UND etc. 

Totally agree with this, most of the album is EDM generic fuzz. I also enjoy the less EDM songs like Trouble for Me and IO, but the album as a whole feels very meh even though the songs are okay. I think it just boils down to taste, I don't think it's a bad album or anything but it's too EDM/generic for me and doesn't feel very Britney. I honestly till this day can't tell TTWE and HIAM apart by name unless I sing them out in my head, they're so similar.

1 hour ago, Nando. said:

It is a great album

i was always on the hate side of the fanbase when it came to femme fatale

but i just started to hit the gym hard mode this year and i tried to listen to blackout while at it, thinking it would help. It did, but then the next day i put on femme fatale from start to finish and now i cant go to gym if im not listening to that album.

Britney is the only artist I listen to when working out, honestly, I don't know if I could have kept it up without her music! 

Blackout is great to get pumped up to, I do all my warm ups to it. I do lunges to the entirety of Gimme More! The beats are great. Circus and Femme Fatale are great for cardio cause the songs have such a fast pace.  And of course she's my biggest fitspiration!

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

You like to be the debbie downer in a thread dont you? Have you ever heard of a writing camp? Do you know writers write with an artist in mind sometimes dont you? It usually helps if it hits the artist personally. And she chose the song. 1+1=2 tbh

Archived