The problem with "Make Me"

OopsOverprotected

"Make Me" actually was a great single and a good song but every time Britney releases a new album the GP screams "IT'S A COMEBAAAACK" BLAH (so annoying) but I think the problem with this song was that it was just too clean. It was a simple pop song like any other. It was not edgy or provocative at all. Then they released this Disney Channel music video & destroyed her entire GLORY era. 

If they used a song with a  "Slave" or "Toxic" vibe as a first single, it would've had much more people talking about it. Britney should've started her new era with a more edgy song like Love Me Down or Change your Mind. A **** video with lots of dancing like back in the day & a good storyline like Toxic. Oh damn I'm so disappointed that this era is not recognized by the GP. People don't even know Brit has a new album. This is so sad. WHY IS BRITNEY'S TEAM SO incompetent. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many reasons this era didn't go anywhere but visuals are a big thing.

She needs good visuals and exposure or any song will go no where.

Britney was present and sold her music in the past  and now they are milking the old stuff because it's easy.

She will continue to not do well until she sells her music again.

3 minutes ago, Sharkney said:

I'll never forget the first (and last) time that I watched that video. My heart broke with each clap. I can't deal, which is why I've never watched it more than one time.  This will forever be the official video, in my mind:

Honestly tho... I want the real reason why they did not release the original video. I don't buy their excuses. 

12 minutes ago, Sharkney said:

Only issue with Make Me is that atrocious clapping giggling mess that they called a video. I agree with it being the choice for a first single though.

It will forever be one if the biggest mistakes of Britney's career :sassybrit:

9 minutes ago, Sharkney said:

I'll never forget the first (and last) time that I watched that video. My heart broke with each clap. I can't deal, which is why I've never watched it more than one time.  This will forever be the official video, in my mind:

Same! I've only watched the official once.

12 minutes ago, Sharkney said:

Don't bring that video up omfg what could have been :tiffanycries:

20 minutes ago, Sharkney said:

This hurts so ******* much

Thid could really have been her first hit in long time :otears:

46 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Nothing ****** is controversial though anymore. It's all been done before. ****** songs and videos are very common and not really shocking anymore.

Exactly. Even Ariana's Side to Side, which is literally about having so much *** you can't walk, was flopping for a bit (only debuted at number 30 something) and she has a huge young fan base and seems to be more relevant with the GP than britney. *** sells but at this point in Britney's career when other artists are challenging themselves and thinking out of the box she can't just rely on *** to be controversial her entire career.

1 hour ago, OopsOverprotected said:

Then they released this Disney Channel music video & destroyed her entire GLORY era.

make me is cool but it wouldn't be a hit just because of the original video. what killed the era was probably the hype for the VMAs, cause at the end it was so simple.

53 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Nothing ****** is controversial though anymore. It's all been done before. ****** songs and videos are very common and not really shocking anymore.

:truthtea:

1 minute ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

make me is cool but it wouldn't be a hit just because of the original video. what killed the era was probably the hype for the VMAs, cause at the end it was so simple.

:truthtea:

Yes the VMAs kinda left ppl with a sour taste. It gave the song a little bump but it didn't really do anything major.. It was her chance to really come back and it was a mess. Especially after watching Rihanna and Beyoncé that night, Britney looked like someone who doesn't know their prime is over. They shouldn't have even promoted it as her VMAs comeback. It should have been a surprise performance if she was going to keep it simple 

Archived