I honestly don't hate the Vegas residency and think she should stick with it

Britilicious

12 minutes ago, MM said:

i guess we'll see how things go for her and her career if she does extend it. but if she does, i hope she revamps it. also, i think her dancing only on the POM stage not freely shows how into it she really is 

Yeah, but her dancing in Piece Of Me is the best we've seen in years. 

Need i remind you of the Femme Fatale Tour (the last time she was on tour)?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, TheLightningThief said:

IA. I crack up when people say "Vegas has improved her performances!!!111". All I see is half-assing moves, out of sync choreography with dancers and stiffness.

She had basically no dancing in circus and ff tour so yes, she's improved greatly.  If you're looking for her to be a 20 year old that only had passion for her career again than maybe you're stanning the wrong person and you've had 8 or more years to get used to it

I agree. She showed she can travel and honestly probably wants to but not as crazy as different city every couple days tour plus w kids its probably tough.

Def mini residencies/tours during extended breaks. And its mot like the show is 7 days a week every month, like 3 shows every week

She should just take a long break from it though. Revamp the **** out of it (especially with promoting your current album into it like a normal tour- like HTFY/if u seek Amy would fit perfect). And better production value pls

2 minutes ago, RTC said:

I agree. She showed she can travel and honestly probably wants to but not as crazy as different city every couple days tour plus w kids its probably tough.

Def mini residencies/tours during extended breaks. And its mot like the show is 7 days a week every month, like 3 shows every week

She should just take a long break from it though. Revamp the **** out of it (especially with promoting your current album into it like a normal tour- like HTFY/if u seek Amy would fit perfect). 

i knew i liked you as a member giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Britilicious said:

Oh yeah?

Then prove me wrong?

giphy.gif

TICKETS SALE:

Since starting renewing Vegas her ticket sales have gone now . They aren't bad but they will obviously just continue this path.

RARITY:

When Britney started Vegas it technically was only her. Ofc Celine had her residency but she was off. Now very "old act" and their grandmothers have a residency. Yet alone in Planet Hollywood (Jennifer Lopez, Backstreet Boys, Lionel Richie)

IMAGE:

Since Vegas her image has turn a old ex pop star that doesn't really sell but is still  amazing. She has a legacy to maintain .

ALBUM SELLS:

The albums that been released during the residency haven't been successful. I wonder why:sipney:

CARELESS ATTITUDE/LACK PROMO:

Britney quite doesn't give a **** about her sells , this is due to Vegas. Why go out and promote a single or album when you already been booked and paid for shows. Continuing Vegas would only continue this. Her next albums or singles would lack the promo needed to be successful. AND dont say that it isnt for Vegas. Femme Fatale her last album before vegas recieved 2x the amount of promo that Britney Jean and Glory recieved therefore being successful.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, BritintheZone said:

TICKETS SALE:

Since starting renewing Vegas her ticket sales have gone now . They aren't bad but they will obviously just continue this path.

RARITY:

When Britney started Vegas it technically was only her. Ofc Celine had her residency but she was off. Now very "old act" and their grandmothers have a residency. Yet alone in Planet Hollywood (Jennifer Lopez, Backstreet Boys, Lionel Richie)

IMAGE:

Since Vegas her image has turn a old ex pop star that doesn't really sell but is still  amazing. She has a legacy to maintain .

ALBUM SELLS:

The albums that been released during the residency haven't been successful. I wonder why:sipney:

Britney quite doesn't give a **** about her sells , this is due to Vegas. Why go out and promote a single or album when you already been booked and paid for shows. Continuing Vegas would only continue this. Her next albums or singles would lack the promo needed to be successful. AND dont say that it isnt for Vegas. Femme Fatale her last album before vegas recieved 2x the amount of promo that Britney Jean and Glory recieved therefore being successful.

Ticket sales are gonna decline no matter what, were you really expecting her to sell out every show for four straight years? Trust me, her tour ticket sales would be worse, Femme Fatale had some nights where the arena was just over half filled. 

Rarity? So you want her to quit Vegas cause everyone else is doing it? Just so you know, HER show is still voted as best show in Vegas and people still praise HER for starting pop shows on the Vegas strip.

Image - Baby, people been saying that she's washed up since 2007, yet she's still doing her thing.

Albums don't sell anymore in general, just to let you know, her sales would have declined regardless of the residency. So THAT is why.

And you think if she quits Vegas and is forced to tour and will be away from her kids for months at a time will suddenly make her turn into her 22 year old self again? Think again. Artists don't make money from album sales and her promoting 24/7 won't change that. Also fyi Glory had more promotional events than Femme Fatale and Britney Jean combined, ffs she performed at the freaking VMAS again. You're delusional if you think she'll suddenly sell like she did 6 years ago in this sales climate, just because she quits Vegas. 

raw

10 minutes ago, BritintheZone said:

giphy.gif

TICKETS SALE:

RARITY:

IMAGE:

ALBUM SELLS:

giphy.gif

Femme Fatale was coming off the hype of the Circus era, it was her comeback. Anything she released would have done well, especially something as radio friendly as Femme Fatale was. She didn't promote that album much either other than GMA and Jimmy Kimmel for the first week. Everything else was dead silent until the tour. She didn't even do a VMA performance, she let some little girls perform for her.

Her image was hurt with Femme Fatale's Robotney and the X-Factor with all the bad publicity of Britney not being 100% into it.

Scream & Shout was a massive hit with 0 promo. So why was Work ***** not the same?

Britney's done more promo for Glory than she has for Femme Fatale...

EVERYBODY LISTEN TO ME:

Britney will always dance stiff and won't be as energetic as she used to, because of her medication. Vegas or no vegas, she will still always dance the way she does, and nothing can help that. She will never be as fluid ever again, and I feel like people are annoyed because of that even though she can't help it.

Vegas has definitely helped her be more confident on stage, if she never did the residency she would be in horrible condition and to be honest, would be embarrassing herself on stage at award shows and would be lost all over the place. The bad thing about Vegas is there are people who don't know what Britney is up to lately, they remember her from the 2000's and now they think she's relaxing in Hawaii. No one really pays attention to her Vegas residency, but then again when she performs at Award Shows and does Promo last year, did anyone really pay attention to her?

Sorry I went all over the place, but the thing is, nothing will change when it comes to her dancing and personality, and there's nothing we can do to make Britney as popular as she was. That's why she might as well STAY IN VEGAS, because it honestly helps her rather than being on different stages and in different places each night on a tour.

fb637f50-f2bd-0132-f3dd-0e18518aac2f.gif  

2 minutes ago, Britilicious said:

Ticket sales are gonna decline no matter what, were you really expecting her to sell out every show for four straight years? Trust me, her tour ticket sales would be worse, Femme Fatale had some nights where the arena was just over half filled. 

Rarity? So you want her to quit Vegas cause everyone else is doing it? Just so you know, HER show is still voted as best show in Vegas and people still praise HER for starting pop shows on the Vegas strip.

Image - Baby, people been saying that she's washed up since 2007, yet she's still doing her thing.

Albums don't sell anymore in general, just to let you know, her sales would have declined regardless of the residency. So THAT is why.

And you think if she quits Vegas and is forced to tour and will be away from her kids for months at a time will suddenly make her turn into her 22 year old self again? Think again. Artists don't make money from album sales and her promoting 24/7 won't change that. Also fyi Glory had more promotional events than Femme Fatale and Britney Jean combined, ffs she performed at the freaking VMAS again. You're delusional if you think she'll suddenly sell like she did 6 years ago in this sales climate, just because she quits Vegas. 

raw

Well what you want? Her to be performing to like a 1/3 of the axis full?!?

yeah! She just ONE of those many acts!! Just let it go and come back later

really they said that? Cause I didn't really hear that until Vegas. 

Albums dont sell? *cough* Adele,Justins(both), Beyonce,Taylor,Bruno. Even if they dont sell she shouldn't be number 4 or 3 on her debut week! Behind a country band and a old lady singing old broadway songs:lessons: 

ff definitely got more promo than glory maybe not Britney Jean . However she was promoting Vegas and not Britney Jean :tiffsniffle: 

No honestly I don't want her to be like her 22 yrs old. But she needs to care about her career. 4 yrs been enough. She take time , focus in music and then promote it. I wouldn't give a **** if she stayed in Vegas if she cared to be somewhat successful and promote. Atleast a number one album , top 15 song and ff album sales are all reachable  and pretty successful. 

tumblr_lfsw6gxori1qckg43.gif

I've been saying this since forever. The longer she stays there, the better. If she does two more years, it should be enough for us to save money to go see her in Vegas. After all this time, I barely saved a considerable amount of money to see her, but now I'm afraid I won't find good tickets because most of the shows are already sold out. That's why I pray every night that she announces more dates so I'm able to get my tickets before the best seats get sold.

I think it's the best that has happened to her, seriously. I don't know why it should stop. And as you say, she could do mini-tours in selected countries during her breaks, but there's no need to hate the residency. It's already been proven she can perform outside of Vegas. She can do music videos, she can perform at awards shows, and all those myths and nonsense a lot of people believed her contract prohibited have been already debunked. So I don't know why people complain so much.

7 minutes ago, BritintheZone said:

Well what you want? Her to be performing to like a 1/3 of the axis full?!?

yeah! She just ONE of those many acts!! Just let it go and come back later

really they said that? Cause I didn't really hear that until Vegas. 

Albums dont sell? *cough* Adele,Justins(both), Beyonce,Taylor,Bruno. Even if they dont sell she shouldn't be number 4 or 3 on her debut week! Behind a country band and a old lady singing old broadway songs:lessons: 

ff definitely got more promo than glory maybe not Britney Jean . However she was promoting Vegas and not Britney Jean :tiffsniffle: 

No honestly I don't want her to be like her 22 yrs old. But she needs to care about her career. 4 yrs been enough. She take time , focus in music and then promote it. I wouldn't give a **** if she stayed in Vegas if she cared to be somewhat successful and promote. Atleast a number one album , top 15 song and ff album sales are all reachable  and pretty successful. 

When has she ever performed to 1/3 of the Axis theatre? Her show averages out to atleast 80% every night.

Im gonna ignore what you said here since you clearly don't understand what I had posted lol. So maybe you should read it again and you should come back later lmao.

Then you must be a new fan because Britney was definitely called a hasbeen way before Vegas. Just scroll through threads from 2011 and 2012.

And are those artists you listed selling as many albums as they had sold with their previous efforts? No. Album sales ARE declining, why are you even arguing this lol. 

Femme Fatale had one day of televised promo - GMA and Jimmy Kimmel, then she was MIA until the tour started, you must be a really new fan lol. 

And once again I ask, what makes you think her quitting Vegas will all of a sudden make her "somewhat be successful and promote"? She's done more than we ever thought she would do during this era and you should actually be thankful of that instead of wanting her to put her family last and go on a tour because you believe that's what she needs to be successful lmao. 

If success is all you're concerned about, which shouldn't be the case as long as she releases good material, then Britney has already shown this year that she can promote and have a residency if she wants it. If what she's doing is not enough for you then it'll never be enough boo 

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I've been saying this since forever. The longer she stays there, the better. If she does two more years, it should be enough for us to save money to go see her in Vegas. After all this time, I barely saved a considerable amount of money to see her, but now I'm afraid I won't find good tickets because most of the shows are already sold out. That's why I pray every night that she announces more dates so I'm able to get my tickets before the best seats get sold.

I think it's the best that has happened to her, seriously. I don't know why it should stop. And as you say, she could do mini-tours in selected countries during her breaks, but there's no need to hate the residency. It's already been proven she can perform outside of Vegas. She can do music videos, she can perform at awards shows, and all those myths and nonsense a lot of people believed her contract prohibited have been already debunked. So I don't know why people complain so much.

Awww, I hope you get to see her soon.

See, it's fans like this who deserve tour dates from her, not the ones that think she's over if she doesn't do your bidding. 

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, MM said:

vegas is killing her career, but okay. and the reason why she's "off" is bc she doesn't rehearse at all during breaks. and if she extends it she's still gonna half *** it :nicki2: 

So tell me hows it killing her career when she consistently sells shows  and still has a music career? She half ***** on tours as well. Go look at Xtina and see how dead her career is.

• Super Mods
26 minutes ago, Britilicious said:

When has she ever performed to 1/3 of the Axis theatre? Her show averages out to atleast 80% every night.

Im gonna ignore what you said here since you clearly don't understand what I had posted lol. So maybe you should read it again and you should come back later lmao.

Then you must be a new fan because Britney was definitely called a hasbeen way before Vegas. Just scroll through threads from 2011 and 2012.

And are those artists you listed selling as many albums as they had sold with their previous efforts? No. Album sales ARE declining, why are you even arguing this lol. 

Femme Fatale had one day of televised promo - GMA and Jimmy Kimmel, then she was MIA until the tour started, you must be a really new fan lol. 

And once again I ask, what makes you think her quitting Vegas will all of a sudden make her "somewhat be successful and promote"? She's done more than we ever thought she would do during this era and you should actually be thankful of that instead of wanting her to put her family last and go on a tour because you believe that's what she needs to be successful lmao. 

If success is all you're concerned about, which shouldn't be the case as long as she releases good material, then Britney has already shown this year that she can promote and have a residency if she wants it. If what she's doing is not enough for you then it'll never be enough boo 

Glad theres more people that understands this. Record labels arent betting on record sales anymore and with so many artists making business deals with companies like livenation, record companies are jumping on that bandwagon too and its more lucrative to lease the songs than depend on sales. Thats why RCA doesnt have a problem with her residency because they are getting consistent profits since they practically got her songs for free and so she practically makes them money without them doing anything just by using her songs. 

I dont see why people are complaining when this era she finally stepped out of vegas and did the things people bitched about during the BJ era. People will always ***** about anything, circus era was a mess and they wanted that tour to be over when she extended to do a second North American leg and the Australia one, even ticket sales for the second leg were slightly down since everyone had practically went already the first time. 

Archived