I honestly don't hate the Vegas residency and think she should stick with it

Britilicious

1 minute ago, A.D. said:

YASSS! Finally someone expresses a valid opinion against a Vegas extension but without dragging Britney to the pits of hell. She was so into it during the December festivals as well as iHeart Radio and Apple Music. Hell, her ******* make-up was brilliant and she looked youthful as hell. In Vegas she's currently expressing boredom which leads her to wear those cheap outfits and do her own make-up. BUT given how this is the last year for her dancers, I think she'll either extend the residency but with a completely different set of dancers and therefore choreography OR she'll take a break to properly work on B10 and a potential world tour 

Thanks sis, and I agree with everything you said. I hope for the latter, but she'll need to work (*****). I think dragging the exact same show for almost 3, almost 4 ******* years is what makes Britney dead inside when she performs POM 1.0 parts of the show. But the thing is that if she stays in Vegas, her career will suffer even more and she'll be a nostalgic and a local act at ******* 35 :meltdown: 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, A.D. said:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about charts BUT if there's one thing I care about more is her performance style. She needs to REVAMP the **** out of that residency IF she plans to extend it. It makes me mad how ******* J-lo has much better production, costume design and choreography which is why she has high-profile celebs like Cristiano Ronaldo, the Whoredashians and even Drake attending her shows left and right. The only celebs that are huge who have attended Vegas were Katy, Selena, Miley and Gaga during the wigney era of POM 1.0 :meltdown:

That show is embarrassing AF, everything about it is really obviously cheap and it really hurts to see that, like Jlo's show, from the pics I saw, looks so much more professional and expensive. Britney's looks like it was done in 3 minutes with cheap outfits from a costume shop :meltdown:

8 minutes ago, A.D. said:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about charts BUT if there's one thing I care about more is her performance style. She needs to REVAMP the **** out of that residency IF she plans to extend it. It makes me mad how ******* J-lo has much better production, costume design and choreography which is why she has high-profile celebs like Cristiano Ronaldo, the Whoredashians and even Drake attending her shows left and right. The only celebs that are huge who have attended Vegas were Katy, Selena, Miley and Gaga during the wigney era of POM 1.0 :meltdown:

More celebs have attended Britney's show though :meltdown:

For starters Demi Moore, Nicholas Cage, Beyonce / JAY Z and Tinashe :meltdown:

I have a problem with the Vegas residency because Britney doesn't seem inspired to perform or promote better. I'm definitely worried about the effort her team will be put into the B10 release. They only care about promoting Vegas and they really screwed up Glory with their bad decisions. I don't want them continuing to market her solely as a legacy act. If they could balance her career then it wouldn't bother me as much. They need to still revamp their overall approach to her career. The 20th anniversary is coming up and from a marketing perspective it would be much smarter in the long run to reinvent her image. Vegas needs a major overhaul, the outfits are bad, the choreography is bad, and the award show performances she did were too uninspired for someone on her level.

7 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

Yes it's true, Britney has more energy now than during the FF tour. :hipney:

This is likely due to something personal she went through, not the residency. :slayney:

You can only slay Zumba routines so much. I want Primeney dancing, I'm over the arm movements and stage skipping :meltdown:

Really? 

Cause from past eras we've seen her improve in the middle of a tour, take a two year break, and comeback being worse then before and just when she picks up again, she takes another break and the cycle continues. 

The gas forces her to regularly flex her performing muscle.

also, you won't get "primeney" again, it's been 13 years since we've seen her....

1 hour ago, Britilicious said:

Btw no one is excusing her lack of effort on stage. She's definitely not what she used to be, but if you had actually read what I said in my OP then you would know what I was saying is she keeps her improvements consistent in Vegas which is better that starting at point blank after a 2 year break after every era. 

I  think it's time her fanbase just accepts Britney for who she is now and stop expecting her to be her 22 year old self again. That's the conclusion I have come to and if you still believe that if Britney quits Vegas she'll suddenly top the charts again and perform like she did when she was 22, then you my friend are the delusional one. 

I'm sorry, but It's not just a matter of accepting she's not 22 anymore... it's about expecting improvement if she's still a recording artist. If she doesn't want to improve or evolve as a singer and a performer, then she should stick to Vegas untill her final days, cause her public doesn't care anyway. I'm ok with this if that's what she wants.

A lot of people here act like she won't ever be able to be "better" than what she was in her 20s. The fact that she won't be ITZney anymore, doesn't mean that she won't be able to evolve into a different artist, one that can deliver some live vocals and do different things in her shows other than dancing. The thing is: her concerts in Vegas are a clear attempt to reproduce what she was in the past, which makes her look even more like a shadow of her previous self, instead of bringing inovation to her career. That's why people are always comparing her to who she was. She's not bringing anything new...

Touring in Vegas won't help her move on and explore other paths and directions as a performer. She doesn't have to be that 17 year old Britney wearing pigtails forever... that's my personal problem with this tour. She's stagnated in a box, even though she is dancing a bit better.

12 hours ago, Britilicious said:

Well guess what baby? She's like that on tour as well. Quitting vegas won't bring 2004ney back into your life.

Likewise, staying in Vegas won't help her either. And who said anything about 2004ney? Dancing in sync with your dancers isn't something only 2004ney could pull off. Anyone can do it, even regular people. But for some reason Currentney won't and she doesn't seem to care. 

46 minutes ago, Britilicious said:

Really? 

Cause from past eras we've seen her improve in the middle of a tour, take a two year break, and comeback being worse then before and just when she picks up again, she takes another break and the cycle continues. 

The gas forces her to regularly flex her performing muscle.

also, you won't get "primeney" again, it's been 13 years since we've seen her....

I don't know what you mean by gas forcing her to flex :ponderney:

I don't think she has a "cycle" of doing well vs not. When her personal life is on point so is she. That can happen with or without POM. I don't think the show has anything to do with it :sassybrit:

Last time I saw Primeney was rehearsing for the original MM video... so she still exists, alive and well :angietea:

I think she got healed in Vegas but I agree that it's her comfort zone. It's not bad but she has to recreate herself more, stepping outside more. And I don't mean being 2 years on tour but making small stadium tours in some continent in different periods of time with different show. Let Vegas stay Vegas but her team needs to inspire her for more. I am proud of all the improvements she made, it's very pleasing to see how better she got. But it needs to flow all the time, don't stay on the same level. For that I think she needs new creative team that will revamp her show with whole new concept, story and visuals and new choreographers that would push her more, bring her more joy

14 hours ago, Britilicious said:

Yeah, but her dancing in Piece Of Me is the best we've seen in years. 

Need i remind you of the Femme Fatale Tour (the last time she was on tour)?

yes her dancing has improved but that's the only good thing to come out of vegas

12 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

So tell me hows it killing her career when she consistently sells shows  and still has a music career? She half ***** on tours as well. Go look at Xtina and see how dead her career is.

consistently selling out shows? last time a show was sold out it was 2 years ago i believe. music career? glory is barely selling 1000 copies in pure sales a week.... her half assing shows is an indication that she's not fully dedicated bc if she was she then she would get a new choreographer and dance better.

I don't hate Vegas, but it's at that point it's just making her stagnant with her career. No need for a renewal. If anything, take the show overseas for a couple of dates and retire the show with a blu-ray. Take a break and come back with new material, new show, new marketing/management team.

I honestly think at every start of each era she's not the best performer. She gradually gets better, from what I've noticed, because she's more comfortable and it becomes more repetitious so she's not thinking as much. 

5 hours ago, A.D. said:

The only celebs that are huge who have attended Vegas were Katy, Selena, Miley and Gaga during the wigney era of POM 1.0 :meltdown:

Steven Tyler,Lionel Richie,Shania Twain,Paula Abdul,Beyonce and Jay Z,Fergie,Sia,Bruno Mars,Arnold Schwarzenegger,Jessica Alba,Sofia Vergara,Jennifer Lopez,Demi Moore,Calvin Harris... they have attended the show.

And I hate Cristiano Ronaldo! Messi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Archived