I honestly don't hate the Vegas residency and think she should stick with it

Britilicious

Unpopular opinion I know.

but hear me out.

Vegas has kept her performing skills consistent. Every single time she's taken a break after an era she reverts back to being a little "off" performance wise and confidence wise. She eventually picks up and gets more comfortable, but that usually takes halfway through a tour or so. 

E.g.

She slayed the Onyx Hotel Tour, took 3 years off and her dancing abilities downgraded during the M+M's Tour.

At some point during the second leg of the Circus Tour, she began to start feeling it again and she improved. Took 2 years off and reverted back to being sluggish (and some say at her worst) during the Femme Fatale Tour. 

Towards the end of the Femme Fatale tour she looked happy and seemed to, again, be improving, but she took 2 more years off and we got the opening nights of Piece Of Me.

Aleast Vegas gives her a regular schedule for her mind and body to really stay consistent and also show improvement when it comes to performing. 

And I know I know, it's unfair to international fans who don't get to see her, which is why I think she's exploring more international touring options. I think she should tour the summer in Europe and South America and maybe Asia and Oceania, when her kids are out of school, and then continue Vegas September to June (Mariah has done this to balance her residency and international fans). Elton John actually tours every month that he's not performing his show in Vegas, and has his residency and tour operating simultaneously, so it's a possibility for sure. 

And its ridiculous to say she needs to tour to keep relevant. That's one of the worst excuses ever as to why she's not as successful. If anything, Vegas has reminded the public of why they loved Britney in the first place. 

/end rant. :cutesybrit:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MM said:

vegas is killing her career, but okay. and the reason why she's "off" is bc she doesn't rehearse at all during breaks. and if she extends it she's still gonna half *** it :nicki2: 

care to explain how its "killing" her career?

And exactly, she doesn't rehearse when on break, because she doesn't need to. 

But with Vegas she will.

9 minutes ago, Britilicious said:

care to explain how its "killing" her career?

And exactly, she doesn't rehearse when on break, because she doesn't need to. 

But with Vegas she will.

take BJ and Glory as examples! glory is a great album but instead of promoting that she went and promoted vegas. and the one time she actually talked about glory her team censored her. it's not selling at all. people have lost interest, not even a VMA performance could make her go number 1. and yes she does need to rehearse! lol. practice makes perfect. she says she loves vegas but her actions tell a different story. that just shows how over it she is if she's not putting any effort in it at all, no singing, basic choreography and okay dancing.

22 minutes ago, MM said:

vegas is killing her career, but okay. and the reason why she's "off" is bc she doesn't rehearse at all during breaks. and if she extends it she's still gonna half *** it :nicki2: 

Her career would still be declining with or without Vegas.

It would actually be worse now because we would have POM 2013 level of performing and she'd be getting dragged left and right for being zombie-like onstage at awards shows.

Keep in mind that we wouldn't have this energetic and full of personality Britney if it wasn't for this residency show that's helped her become comfortable with being on stage again.

20 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

But her performances aren't good at this point. They're stale and lacking. Yes her energy is great, but everything else about Vegas is negative career wise. 

This I'll agree with. She desperately needs a residency revamp starting with a new choreographer that doesn't have amateurs like Meghan Trainor as their clientele...

• Super Mods
11 minutes ago, MM said:

take BJ and Glory as examples! glory is a great album but instead of promoting that she went and promoted vegas. and the one time she actually talked about glory her team censored her. it's not selling at all. people have lost interest, not even a VMA performance could make her go number 1. and yes she does need to rehearse! lol. practice makes perfect. she says she loves vegas but her actions say differently. that just shows how over it she is if she's not putting any effort in it at all, no singing, basic choreography and okay dancing.

This tbh. I totally believe her when she says she loves Vegas, and definitely see how it's benefitted her personally and family-wise, but then career-wise, it makes me wonder why she works with an underwhelming choreographer (Charm) and a seemingly unprofessional costume/outfit team. :nynod: There's an execution of how everything it tied together and presented that is off-kilter and not up to levels that we've seen Britney do before. And if Vegas is raking in the money, why isn't it going into continually making the show fresh? :mhmsureny: Doesn't mean she needs to add and learn and execute new choreography and music every six weeks, but to literally have the same routines for the past 3+ years now must be somewhat boring I would imagine. It gives the appearance of her just going through the motions...

If there was a more consistent effort (besides the occasional and necessary overall revamps) to make the show fresh and interesting, then I would be more likely to not mind her staying in Vegas. But aside from some of the song choices and the costuming, there are times I don't feel Britney's touch throughout the performances or sets. As if she just lets whoever is in charge do their jobs and she just shows up, does her part, and leave.

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Her career would still be declining with or without Vegas.

It would actually be worse now because we would have POM 2013 level of performing and she'd be getting dragged left and right for being zombie-like onstage at awards shows.

Keep in mind that we wouldn't have this energetic and full of personality Britney if it wasn't for this residency show that's helped her become comfortable with being on stage again.

yea that's literally the only good thing to come out of vegas! that's why i think she should end it now but still keep that passion. i don't see why she can't just dance in a studio freely like she used to do. if she truly has the passion then she could easily do it 

14 minutes ago, MM said:

take BJ and Glory as examples! glory is a great album but instead of promoting that she went and promoted vegas. and the one time she actually talked about glory her team censored her. it's not selling at all. people have lost interest, not even a VMA performance could make her go number 1. and yes she does need to rehearse! lol. practice makes perfect. she says she loves vegas but her actions tell a different story. that just shows how over it she is if she's not putting any effort in it at all, no singing, basic choreography and okay dancing.

Like someone had already mentioned, she would have declined in sales regardless of Vegas or not.

She mentioned the album a ton of times, in every interview she did they mentioned the album AND the residency. Albums just don't sell anymore and Britney isn't a chart topping artist anymore, doesn't mean her career is over. 

And i think you misunderstood my post, i definitely think she needs to rehearse, and without Vegas she has no reason to rehearse, but atleat with Vegas she is constantly performing and practicing her craft. And baby, she's gonna lip sync and have basic choreography regardless, this is the reality of Britney 2008-present. 

4 minutes ago, Britilicious said:

Like someone had already mentioned, she would have declined in sales regardless of Vegas or not.

She mentioned the album a ton of times, in every interview she did they mentioned the album AND the residency. Albums just don't sell anymore and Britney isn't a chart topping artist anymore, doesn't mean her career is over. 

And i think you misunderstood my post, i definitely think she needs to rehearse, and without Vegas she has no reason to rehearse, but atleat with Vegas she is constantly performing and practicing her craft. And baby, she's gonna lip sync and have basic choreography regardless, this is the reality of Britney 2008-present. 

i guess we'll see how things go for her and her career if she does extend it. but if she does, i hope she revamps it. also, i think her dancing only on the POM stage not freely shows how into it she really is 

13 hours ago, Urbanney said:

But her performances aren't good at this point. They're stale and lacking. Yes her energy is great, but everything else about Vegas is negative career wise. 

IA. I crack up when people say "Vegas has improved her performances!!!111". All I see is half-assed moves, out of sync choreography with dancers and stiffness.

4 minutes ago, TheLightningThief said:

IA. I crack up when people say "Vegas has improved her performances!!!111". All I see is half-assing moves, out of sync choreography with dancers and stiffness.

Well guess what baby? She's like that on tour as well. Quitting vegas won't bring 2004ney back into your life.

Archived