I think I'm over Britney...

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

I'm not sure what caused this thought I've been pondering the last hour or so but I think I'm over Britney.  2016 was an amazing year for maybe only her but I still don't have what I need.  There's still an overly commercial, contrived aspect to her career that feels dishonest.  She STILL refuses to half *** a live performance whilst dancing, i'd even be okay with terrible vox.  She gave up the artistic freedom with the Make Me video.  I was only really overwhelmed with the billboard perfomance and everyone after was unoriginal.  Her poorly executed plastic surgery.  I'm all here for her new romance but minus a few random songs off of glory I don't feel any ignited fire or interest in her anymore.  She'll continue to sell just as she did before ITZ (her peak of being herself.). but there won't be ay self esteem flourishment beyond where she's at.  She's still scared.  I HATE to say it, after being a fan since 1998.  Sometimes you have to know when to give up on someone.

Okay, see you back here tomorrow. :awkblink:

2 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

I'm not sure what caused this thought I've been pondering the last hour or so but I think I'm over Britney.  2016 was an amazing year for maybe only her but I still don't have what I need.  There's still an overly commercial, contrived aspect to her career that feels dishonest.  She STILL refuses to half *** a live performance whilst dancing, i'd even be okay with terrible vox.  She gave up the artistic freedom with the Make Me video.  I was only really overwhelmed with the billboard perfomance and everyone after was unoriginal.  Her poorly executed plastic surgery.  I'm all here for her new romance but minus a few random songs off of glory I don't feel any ignited fire or interest in her anymore.  She'll continue to sell just as she did before ITZ (her peak of being herself.). but there won't be ay self esteem flourishment beyond where she's at.  She's still scared.  I HATE to say it, after being a fan since 1998.  Sometimes you have to know when to give up on someone.

Speak for yourself.

I could never give up on Britney. She's brought me so much joy over the years watching her grow up with me.

She was the only thing there when I was having a tough time during middle school after a falling out with my childhood best friend which resulted in me being bullied. I couldn't talk to anyone else about it, not even my own parents. The only thing I had to make me happy was Britney and her music.

As cheesy as it sounds, a lot of us fans who are in our twenties now really had Britney as an example for coming out of our shells and learning to explore and to be comfortable with our sexuality. The way she made it through the worst public meltdown in modern history was and still is extremely inspiring to me and many other people, not just her fans.

Britney Spears is more than just my favorite pop star. She's a really important part of my life and I don't know how I would have been able to cope with certain things if it wasn't for her music.

It's gonna take a lot more than some scrapped music videos, a crappy album and single or a never ending Vegas show to make me turn my back on the one person that was and will be always there for me, even if she doesn't know it.

Maybe you don't have the same relation to her that I do, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I guess...

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Speak for yourself.

I could never give up on Britney. She's brought me so much joy over the years having her grow up with me.

She was the only thing there when I was having a tough time during middle school after a falling out with my childhood best friend which resulted in me being bullied at school. I couldn't talk to anyone else about it, not even my own parents.

As cheesy as it sounds, a lot of us fans who are in our twenties now really had Britney as an example for coming out of our shells and learning to explore and to be comfortable with our sexuality.

Britney Spears is more than just my favorite pop star. She's a really important part of my life and I don't know how I would have been able to cope with certain things in my life without her music.

It's gonna take a lot more than some scrapped music videos, a crappy album and single or a never ending Vegas show to make me turn my back on the one person that was and will be always there for me, even if she doesn't know it.

Maybe you don't have the same relation to her that I do, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I guess...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just now, Бри́тни Спирс said:

U can't blame them.

The Vegas ****.

The MM video mess. 

The boring VMA ****.

The her forgetting she has an album out ****. 

The her not being interested in nothing else than **** Same ****. 

look what the cat dragged in :chershade:

i dont deal with tryhards. bye.

I feel sorry for you. I might not agree with her plastic surgery, but it has given her back confidence. She feels beautiful. 

If you've been a fan since 1998, like the rest of us, yes the lip syncing is overdone and boring but thats BRITNEY. She's never gonna sing live! I love her for her. Not the image RCA and her team try to force nowadays. 

I'll never be over her. She tried so hard in 2016, I'll be forever thankful :sassybrit:

I can't stop smiling like an idiot when seeing she posting a new selfie or even some random quotes on Instagram. I feel happy every time I hear her music in the shuffle, in public, or even in some strangers' playlists. I don't give a crap about the charts, I'm not a fan of Britney Charts anyway. As long as she's happy and keeps releasing music as good as Glory, I'm fine with that. Of course I wish she's more competitive and the music she releases' more successful commercially, but I don't choose my fave based on that. It's just simple as that. 

*goes back to listen to Glory*

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Speak for yourself.

I could never give up on Britney. She's brought me so much joy over the years watching her grow up with me.

She was the only thing there when I was having a tough time during middle school after a falling out with my childhood best friend which resulted in me being bullied. I couldn't talk to anyone else about it, not even my own parents. The only thing I had to make me happy was Britney and her music.

As cheesy as it sounds, a lot of us fans who are in our twenties now really had Britney as an example for coming out of our shells and learning to explore and to be comfortable with our sexuality. The way she made it through the worst public meltdown in modern history was and still is extremely inspiring to me and many other people, not just her fans.

Britney Spears is more than just my favorite pop star. She's a really important part of my life and I don't know how I would have been able to cope with certain things if it wasn't for her music.

35 minutes ago, Orlando. said:

I can't stop smiling like an idiot when seeing she posting a new selfie or even some random quotes on Instagram. I feel happy every time I hear her music in the shuffle, in public, or even in some strangers' playlists. I don't give a crap about the charts, I'm not a fan of Britney Charts anyway. As long as she's happy and keeps releasing music as good as Glory, I'm fine with that. Of course I wish she's more competitive and the music she releases' more successful commercially, but I don't choose my fave based on that. It's just simple as that. 

*goes back to listen to Glory*

Amen to this!!! :foh:

I understand how you feel. Ive been a fan since the 90s, so im so used to it that i dont think i will stop. I still enjoy her previous work so much! I enjoy all her work (music wise) but yes the lack of talent and all the bad decisions and the terrible plastic surgery (which also makes her come across shallow and unattractive) makes it hard for me to respect her. And doesnt help either that she doesnt participate in hardly anything important to help people and animals. She has a voice and power but hardly uses it. But she does make an effort to wear dead animals in her new video. I guess it doesnt matter to her unless it were her dogs. 

1 hour ago, WilderWein said:

I understand how you feel. Ive been a fan since the 90s, so im so used to it that i dont think i will stop. I still enjoy her previous work so much! I enjoy all her work (music wise) but yes the lack of talent and all the bad decisions and the terrible plastic surgery (which also makes her come across shallow and unattractive) makes it hard for me to respect her. And doesnt help either that she doesnt participate in hardly anything important to help people and animals. She has a voice and power but hardly uses it. But she does make an effort to wear dead animals in her new video. I guess it doesnt matter to her unless it were her dogs. 

She doesn't participate in hardly anything important to help people? what is this then?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMFRnkvAKDy/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL6gHN3gbAM/?taken-by=britneyspears

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLwhFEIA32B/?taken-by=britneyspears

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJb8wTtBvoJ/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGm5M0Sm8Ke/?taken-by=britneyspears

And that's just from a quick scroll on her instagram 

Archived