You Know What, For The Record Was The Mistake

Nando.

well, i understand your point, and at the time i wanted her to address her breakdown, to speak up for herself, stand up, you know, and shut up everybody with a powerful speech... BUT as time went by and i was growing and having my own life experience, i understood, that sometimes it brings so much pain to speak about such things AND actually a person, who doesnt lets call it 'whine' (not quite the word to explain, but you'll understand, i hope) IS A MUCH STRONGER person and the one, who goes with it one on one, like, 'these are my problems and only i shall solve it', deserves the applaud.
plus, inevitably, the media would remind her in every ******* single interview about it, asking her for new details, considering, that if she spoke once, she will continue, just look at some celebrities, who speak up about anxiety or smth like that and have to repeat it like for every media outlet.

i know, it seems like she's lost and all, but i understand her deeply and i respect her for being more strong that she seems to gp
plus, all her sarcasm like she's crazy or a bad actress does tell me, that she just takes it, the labels they put on her, shake it off and keeps going
i respect her so much for that, there's more to it than meets the eye always :mhm:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Reading this trying to figure why you wrote this the gp/world forgot all about for the record and how was for the record a mistake it was Britney telling us she is here again :madonna:

exactly

it was so bland that the gp doesnt remember it

she lost the momentum to make it a defining moment in her career

learn how to interpret text :bey:

23 minutes ago, CharmingMadness said:

well, i understand your point, and at the time i wanted her to address her breakdown, to speak up for herself, stand up, you know, and shut up everybody with a powerful speech... BUT as time went by and i was growing and having my own life experience, i understood, that sometimes it brings so much pain to speak about such things AND actually a person, who doesnt lets call it 'whine' (not quite the word to explain, but you'll understand, i hope) IS A MUCH STRONGER person and the one, who goes with it one on one, like, 'these are my problems and only i shall solve it', deserves the applaud.
plus, inevitably, the media would remind her in every ******* single interview about it, asking her for new details, considering, that if she spoke once, she will continue, just look at some celebrities, who speak up about anxiety or smth like that and have to repeat it like for every media outlet.

i know, it seems like she's lost and all, but i understand her deeply and i respect her for being more strong that she seems to gp
plus, all her sarcasm like she's crazy or a bad actress does tell me, that she just takes it, the labels they put on her, shake it off and keeps going
i respect her so much for that, there's more to it than meets the eye always :mhm:

thank you

40 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

I agree with you 100%.

Actually...I don't think it was a mistake, though. I think Larry did it because he wanted to be honest with the public about what HE was doing. Kind of to absolve himself for participating in the conservatorship. Because I don't think it was Britney choosing how she was being portrayed in FTR.

Sorry, I know that's probably not the direction you were going. 

good point

There's something called "Privacy" and we all have the right to keep it private as much as we want. She didn't have to make it public but it was great she did it, it's part of our nature, we need to be heard. She is a public celebrity and it all was just for promotion. They (her team and her) said it was because she wanted to come clean and bla bla, well, she did wanted to clean her image but it was mostly made for promotion purposes. She was overexposed the previous years and they couldn't act like anything happened, they had to make a statement and they were smart by using redemption and nostalgia.  

2 hours ago, Nando. said:

**** OFF

this is why people keep thinking exhale have daily metldowns

I said I LOVE for the record, and didnt want anything else from what we've got

I just shared a thought, about THE GP views on her

STOP trying to put the blame on the fans

**** RIGHT OFF

When exactly did I put the blame on you? You expressed your opinion, and I only said that I disagree and why. Jesus. Grow up.

I've always loved FTR. I think it's way too much expecting Britney to want to hash out the gory details-- I was actually surprised, the first time I watched it, that she addressed it at all. I expected it to show how she'd moved on and little else, knowing her dislike for being open. But you know, one day she may just write that good, mysterious book.

I love FTR, just rewatched recently and I do understand what OP is saying in that she didn't really address everything - like it kinda sounded like they made it sound like she just had a bad breakup and that was it when obviously there was SO much more going on we will probably never know. I don't blame her though, she revealed so much of herself to the public when she younger and they always used it against her, it doesn't surprise me that she didn't want to discuss something as personal/sensitive as mental health for millions of people to pick apart. Also I'm sure she was restricted in what she could say since she was under conservatorship then, I really hope for that book one day! 

6 hours ago, kasavas said:

Are you really complaining because she didn't reveal sosomething shocking? She said what she wanted to say, and what she had in mind, she didn't give a **** about making headlines. Did she say why she shaved her head? No. Is it sad for us? Probably because we wanted to know. Was it a mistake? No. Because she didn't. And it's her life. 

Not everything is about creating a buzz around you. For The Record is one of the best thing she has done, because it was her. And we got to see her after a long time. The real her. So no, not revealing why she shaved her head and not revealing something shocking isn't a mistake for me.

Especially when we have many things to blame for Britney not being as relevant as she was. Things that no one can doubt are mistakes.

8 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

But I don't think she should have to tell the public anything if she doesn't want to, it's her life/business not theirs and I think it was clear that she just wanted to move on tbh

Exactly.  It pisses me off when people act like it's our right to know what happened with her.  Umm, no...it's none of our damn business, and I don't blame her for not wanting to share everything.  You have to keep some **** private, especially when it's so personal like that.

9 hours ago, Nando. said:

exactly

it was so bland that the gp doesnt remember it

she lost the momentum to make it a defining moment in her career

learn how to interpret text :bey:

thank you

So u want the gp to remember the worst part of her career, why should that have been defining it was an hour long show from 07 did u expect her to tell u about her rehab experience and how much she loved it? :madonna:

Learn how to get your message across clearly 

11 hours ago, Nando. said:

first of all I LOVE for the record and have watched it more than anything britney has ever done

I know the lines by heart and love it a lot

but this thought came to my mind and now its not leaving

She lost momentum releasing for the record, because the whole world was watching it to see the final truth, about everything

she was the princess of pop going to confess

and I remember me and my friends watching it and they were all like, she didnt explain anything

and her answer to shaving her head (despite being true) was really lame

I respect her tons for it, and again, BEFORE EXHALE BASH ME, I loved for the record and take it as her truth

as her stop focusing on me even on my documentary

but to the gp, she really did loose the momentum

if she had revealed a shocking truth, maybe people would have sympathy for her now, instead of thinking she was crying because she felt lost

im not blaming her, but isnt for the record another thing to put on our larry tab of mistakes?

Now read the Flaunt magazine interview and check your topic once again.

She also said it herself - I'm a very private person.

She doesn't have to tell anything in detail.. She has learnt her lesson for being open and honest..

Lol I don't know anyone outside of exhale that even watched For The Record :gloria:

But I blame her team's strictness and over protection of Brit on for the record. The film makers had full control and no chance in hell would they let that happen again. It was a PR disaster for showing how unhappy she was. But it was a great and very poignant documentary :otears:

50 minutes ago, openwatersurfer said:

Lol I don't know anyone outside of exhale that even watched For The Record :gloria:

Well, it did get 3.7 million viewers in the US alone, and I doubt all those people were from Exhale. ;) I know people who watched because they thought it would be this intense exposé about everything that happened from 2004-08, and it wasn't.  But, as you said, it was still really poignant and well-done.  

Archived