You Know What, For The Record Was The Mistake

Nando.

first of all I LOVE for the record and have watched it more than anything britney has ever done

I know the lines by heart and love it a lot

but this thought came to my mind and now its not leaving

She lost momentum releasing for the record, because the whole world was watching it to see the final truth, about everything

she was the princess of pop going to confess

and I remember me and my friends watching it and they were all like, she didnt explain anything

and her answer to shaving her head (despite being true) was really lame

I respect her tons for it, and again, BEFORE EXHALE BASH ME, I loved for the record and take it as her truth

as her stop focusing on me even on my documentary

but to the gp, she really did loose the momentum

if she had revealed a shocking truth, maybe people would have sympathy for her now, instead of thinking she was crying because she felt lost

im not blaming her, but isnt for the record another thing to put on our larry tab of mistakes?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

And then she released 3 #1 singles and six top 10 singles in the next 2 years

what I meant was she lost the opportunity to clean her act

those 3 singles she did next were all bumped from the wave of her breakdown, and people who liked her because she was badass

but no one was on her side, people just loved her for the frenzy

Are you really complaining because she didn't reveal sosomething shocking? She said what she wanted to say, and what she had in mind, she didn't give a **** about making headlines. Did she say why she shaved her head? No. Is it sad for us? Probably because we wanted to know. Was it a mistake? No. Because she didn't. And it's her life. 

Not everything is about creating a buzz around you. For The Record is one of the best thing she has done, because it was her. And we got to see her after a long time. The real her. So no, not revealing why she shaved her head and not revealing something shocking isn't a mistake for me.

Especially when we have many things to blame for Britney not being as relevant as she was. Things that no one can doubt are mistakes.

IMO she wanst ready for that comeback on 2008, she wanst ready to did that interview, everything was so unreal like if there wasnt a breakdown ... the Circus Era was great but she wasnt there, she needed more time to center her life and career. I mean she is having a normal life just after almost 10 years :sickofu:

the c ship was already in place, I think she either had constraints on what she could admit to about her past and/or was focusing on how unhappy she was with the arrangement and how shitty it was for her. It's really sad in that it had no happy conclusion. It was great that she was healthy and had family around her and was having professional success but she was literally saying she wasn't happy deep down yknow. I think she is more so now but I seriously hope the c ship dissolves soon. It's so twisted. I hope there is talk behind the scenes to eradicate it that we just don't know about, maybe that's why she's happier lately 

4 minutes ago, kasavas said:

Are you really complaining because she didn't reveal sosomething shocking? She said what she wanted to say, and what she had in mind, she didn't give a **** about making headlines. Did she say why she shaved her head? No. Is it sad for us? Probably because we wanted to know. Was it a mistake? No. Because she didn't. And it's her life. 

Not everything is about creating a buzz around you. For The Record is one of the best thing she has done, because it was her. And we got to see her after a long time. The real her. So no, not revealing why she shaved her head and not revealing something shocking isn't a mistake for me.

Especially when we have many things to blame for Britney not being as relevant as she was. Things that no one can doubt are mistakes.

**** OFF

this is why people keep thinking exhale have daily metldowns

I said I LOVE for the record, and didnt want anything else from what we've got

I just shared a thought, about THE GP views on her

STOP trying to put the blame on the fans

**** RIGHT OFF

I think her team tries to protect her a lot but it makes her seem like a lost little girl. So many celebs have issues and speak out about them and ppl applaud their bravery. Yeah they get criticism too but for the most part ppl like hearing triumphant stories. Britney's team wanted everyone to quickly forget that 2007 even happened and it had ppl even more confused when she wasn't herself. I think not owning up to what haopened cost her a lot of credibility. 

7 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

I think her team tries to protect her a lot but it makes her seem like a lost little girl. So many celebs have issues and speak out about them and ppl applaud their bravery. Yeah they get criticism too but for the most part ppl like hearing triumphant stories. Britney's team wanted everyone to quickly forget that 2007 even happened and it had ppl even more confused when she wasn't herself. I think not owning up to what haopened cost her a lot of credibility. 

But I don't think she should have to tell the public anything if she doesn't want to, it's her life/business not theirs and I think it was clear that she just wanted to move on tbh

4 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

But I don't think she should have to tell the public anything if she doesn't want to, it's her life/business not theirs and I think it was clear that she just wanted to move on tbh

I totally get that. It's definitely her prerogative but I also feel like that only works when you come back unscathed. Like Britney is still dealing with effects from her breakdown now and because they never wanted to talk about in depth, the GP just ends up thinking she's weird. Like we know that she has anxiety and lost her confidence and such. But GP doesn't because they never talk about it. It's like when Whitney was heavily using ***** but still wanted to act like nothing was wrong. Everyone can see and tell something is different but you're still trying to market yourself as the same person. Not saying it's exactly the same situation but hopefully u get what I'm saying. It's like her team thought she could just come back, barely talk about her breakdown, become a worse performer before everyone's eyes and no one would notice anything and the GP wouldn't eat her alive.

I agree with you 100%.

Actually...I don't think it was a mistake, though. I think Larry did it because he wanted to be honest with the public about what HE was doing. Kind of to absolve himself for participating in the conservatorship. Because I don't think it was Britney choosing how she was being portrayed in FTR.

Sorry, I know that's probably not the direction you were going. 

3 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

I totally get that. It's definitely her prerogative but I also feel like that only works when you come back unscathed. Like Britney is still dealing with effects from her breakdown now and because they never wanted to talk about in depth, the GP just ends up thinking she's weird. Like we know that she has anxiety and lost her confidence and such. But GP doesn't because they never talk about it. It's like when Whitney was heavily using ***** but still wanted to act like nothing was wrong. Everyone can see and tell something is different but you're still trying to market yourself as the same person. Not saying it's exactly the same situation but hopefully u get what I'm saying. It's like her team thought she could just come back, barely talk about her breakdown, become a worse performer before everyone's eyes and no one would notice anything and the GP wouldn't eat her alive.

But I don't think FTR made her seem like everything was ok, I think it showed that she was "damaged" without going into specific details. I mean while watching it you can tell she was still not happy/back to the old Britney and how jaded she had become by fame. 

Archived