You Know What, For The Record Was The Mistake

Nando.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have meltdowns and many times they don't even know the reason, but if she knew I don't think she has to give the exact details.. I mean, if someone you know suffer depression or something of the kind you don't tell him/her: please, explain why with every detail...

Anyway I think we all know what happened, she was pushed to her limits and couldn't take it anymore.

12 hours ago, kasavas said:

Are you really complaining because she didn't reveal sosomething shocking? She said what she wanted to say, and what she had in mind, she didn't give a **** about making headlines. Did she say why she shaved her head? No. Is it sad for us? Probably because we wanted to know. Was it a mistake? No. Because she didn't. And it's her life. 

Not everything is about creating a buzz around you. For The Record is one of the best thing she has done, because it was her. And we got to see her after a long time. The real her. So no, not revealing why she shaved her head and not revealing something shocking isn't a mistake for me.

Especially when we have many things to blame for Britney not being as relevant as she was. Things that no one can doubt are mistakes.

He wanted it to be a controversial piece that the gp would remember,wtf:orangu:

13 hours ago, Nando. said:

im not blaming her, but isnt for the record another thing to put on our larry tab of mistakes?

I'm speechless.

I can't believe people are bashing FTR. 

Not I Am Femme Fatale (cringy) and I Am Britney Jean (boring).

But this masterpiece. WTF OP. Go to hell :nothavingit:

They said no question was unasked or unanswered but they didn't ask about a lot of the things the fans actually wanted to know like the conservatorship and all. No, she doesn't owe us to talk about every single thing but that IS what they said at the beginning of the film. So either they didn't ask the right questions or they decided to cut out important stuff. 

It was a cute film though. It did what they wanted it to do - make her look good again and show everyone that she was looking good again. The simple truth is that Britney is not very eloquent or good at explaining herself and has been giving short, bad answers to questions for a long time now. She's still doing that, so we felt like we didn't really take away anything new from it.

16 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

They said no question was unasked or unanswered but they didn't ask about a lot of the things the fans actually wanted to know like the conservatorship and all. No, she doesn't owe us to talk about every single thing but that IS what they said at the beginning of the film. So either they didn't ask the right questions or they decided to cut out important stuff. 

It was a cute film though. It did what they wanted it to do - make her look good again and show everyone that she was looking good again. The simple truth is that Britney is not very eloquent or good at explaining herself and has been giving short, bad answers to questions for a long time now. She's still doing that, so we felt like we didn't really take away anything new from it.

What her Team did was build up fans and the GP's expectations of what FTR was going to be...And then not deliver. 

Sound familiar?

3 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

Well, it did get 3.7 million viewers in the US alone, and I doubt all those people were from Exhale. ;) I know people who watched because they thought it would be this intense exposé about everything that happened from 2004-08, and it wasn't.  But, as you said, it was still really poignant and well-done.  

True. But considering it was only an hour long it still got fairly deep. 

I love FTR and I don't necessarily agree with you. BUT I have an issue with this documentary though. It's too short for the amount of footage they had shot and Britney not being an exec producer of it kinda bugs me too. She probably didn't have much to say about what will be included or not. I feel like she might've said a lot more than what we've got and I really wish to see the whole sit down interview segment and what else it would reveal.

1 hour ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

What her Team did was build up fans and the GP's expectations of what FTR was going to be...And then not deliver. 

Sound familiar?

Yeah. Don't get me wrong I really liked the film and thought it was very entertaining. But they should have left it as a documentary surrounding the album vs. a tell-all about her personal life.

10 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Yeah. Don't get me wrong I really liked the film and thought it was very entertaining. But they should have left it as a documentary surrounding the album vs. a tell-all about her personal life.

I love FTR...In the same way I love Truth or Dare, or any other behind-the-scenes doc about the music scene.

But they shouldn't have claimed that, "no question went unanswered." That's absolutely laughable. They lost credibility with the GP right there.

i think for the record helped. it showed britney hurts just like everyone else. also that fame isn't as glamorous as some would like to hope. she was trapped at the time by the things she had done and had been pushed to releasing a record so soon after her downfall period. she had a lot going on and to see her like that honestly made me love her more and i think others too. femme fetale hurt her because of her lack luster performances, not the songs. i think she got shoved in too fast and needed a break after circus.

Archived