Just curious, was anyone else here a kid during Britney's prime and missed out on her biggest moments?

jamesedward94

I was only 4 when her first album came out, and I was too young to even know what the VMAs were at that time. My parents even made me throw away her CD bc they said she was a bad influence and didn't approve of how she dressed with the all the belly shirts. The first iconic thing I remember actually witnessing was when they reported on the news that she had shaved her head.

But yeah, just sucks that so many people got to witness her prime first hand as it actually happened....

:crying1:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the big moments on tv or see her live but I had Oops CD as a kid. I got a concussion to s4u when I was 8 and since then became a stan. I wish I was in my 20s like now during ITZ :tiffanycries: Circus was the first era that I truly followed cause my life chilled out by high school

2 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

I was 10 when I witness Britney with banana on stage and 7 when her first album dropped. 

I've been drenched and grown into Gondeys juices.

You're 25?

I was 5 when BOMT came out, but for me it was very normal to watch MTV because of my older cousins. Before Britney, I knew the Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, N Sync, besides all the Latin artists, but Britney was so different from the rest, so much more amazing for some reason.

I always tell the same story, Britney and Pokémon came to my life at the same time, their booms happened at the same time. When I watched BOMT for the first time, probably it had already a few months, who knows, but I do remember when Sometimes video came out, and everything else ever since. My siblings and I (my brother is 3 years older than me, and my sister 2) used to watch MTV all the time, including the VMA's. I think we missed the 99 show live, but we watched the re-airings. We did watch the 2000 show, the 2001, etc. We used to watch the Making the Videos, the MTV specials (at least the ones that were broadcasted in Latin America), the kiss, Toxic, Chaotic, etc. After or around Chaotic era, my siblings stopped caring about Britney or her music, then 2007 happened, and they were like, that's it. I was kinda like them too at first, and it was so painful and disgusting going through Gimme More and Piece of Me, but then Break the Ice video was like, ok, there's still hope. From Circus onwards, my sister specifically was like "ok, she's good again" but she never became a true fan again; I think the last thing she really liked from her was IUSA, but nowadays she always finds something to criticize her newer music or appearance, but I've caught her watching the Sometimes video on her ipad a couple of times :quirkney: I've caught my brother singing Oops as well.

So yeah, I always read those comments like, "I was a kid and I didn't care about music or stuff", but I literally spent my whole childhood watching MTV, and listening to a lot of albums/cassettes and dancing and yeah, I was pretty aware of the music scene, til 2005 or so, when the rock became punk, and the pop like I knew it disappeared, and reggaeton destroyed the latin music on the other hand, and yeah. Lately I only care about Britney Spears when it comes to music, but back then, from 1999-2003 or so, I used to, not stan, but I appreciated many other artists too, including Christina Aguilera and even Beyoncé/Destiny's Child.

10 minutes ago, ToxicTommy said:

I'm so sorry you missed Primeney :crying1: but I'm so happy there are younger fans :mcry:

I definitely remember seeing her perform on All That, the Kid Choice Awards, and the Disney Channel Hawaai concert, and I was captivated by all of her videos up until her third album when she went more mature. But I didn't watch any award shows at that time so I missed out on all her epic performances at the VMAs, AMAs, Billboard, and the Grammys.

I was 6 or 7 when I heard Crazy on Discovery Kids and I instantly loved it, after that moment Britney's been the soundtrack of my life. If you want to have an idea of what Primeney was like, combine Justin B + Taylor S + Lady Gaga (bad romance era) impact = that was Britney in early 00's. Plus, MTV Vma's slayage one after another one, plus Pepsi ads E-VERY-WHERE + #1 albums every year + iconic music videos + shocking choreographies. There wasn't a chance you didn't know who she was or even sing a song of hers. :scalped:

I was a kid during Primeney (around 7 - 13) and I did live those moments but now you made this thread I guess, had I been older, I would have enjoyed it better. 

Guest StrawberryKisses

I remember seeing her on MTV as a kid... Making the Video. Loved her ever since. :brityes:

I'm so lucky to have grown up with Britney. Times were innocent back then. These days who do kids have? Minaj? Beyonce? Taylor? So much drama going on.

I wasn't born when BOMT came out and I was born one month after OIDIA, but I can't remember when I wasn't a Britney fan because of my sister. It's weird, I was so young yet I remember her prime very clearly. I even remember going on to dinner the night after Britney filed for divorce from Jason and my dad telling me that. I remember when Greatest Hits: My Prerogative came out. I remember I wasn't ever a fan of ITZ because I didn't like the cover (the mind of a 4 year old) but I remember a lot for being so young. I think thats why I'm such a big fan...because shes part of my life. I grew up captivated by every song, every picture, every move she made. When she started partying a lot, I remember my mom always buying magazines that had her face on it. When she checked into rehab and shaved her head, I remember the morning I saw that on TV. I made a poptart and was watching the news because my mom always watched it in the AM. It's so crazy how much we've all been through :carpoolney:

Guest StrawberryKisses
6 minutes ago, Aymama said:

I'd say it began with the Britney album tho, or so I've heard :wontcry:

No, even Oops era. 2000 I remember at school my older brother came to me in the play yard and taught me what lip-syncing was. He also told me that cartoons were voiced by real people. I always thought Dexter and Dee Dee were real people, not VOICED by real people. :idkney: I also remember watching her on SNL and she did this skit with her breasts popping out or something and she had a different voice but was speaking?

3 minutes ago, StrawberryKisses said:

No, even Oops era. 2000 I remember at school my older brother came to me in the play yard and taught me what lip-syncing was. He also told me that cartoons were voiced by real people. I always thought Dexter and Dee Dee were real people, not VOICED by real people. :idkney: I also remember watching her on SNL and she did this skit with her breasts popping out or something and she had a different voice but was speaking?

True. And lmao at you thinking Dexter and Dee Dee were real, I used to think Barney was real :shameless:

the innocence and simplicity of childhood :wontcry: 

Guest StrawberryKisses
Just now, Aymama said:

True. And lmao at you thinking Dexter and Dee Dee were real, I used to think Barney was real :shameless:

the innocence and simplicity of childhood :wontcry: 

Legit I used to think I could meet them and have slumber parties with them

:idkney:

Archived