Just curious, was anyone else here a kid during Britney's prime and missed out on her biggest moments?

jamesedward94

Guest StrawberryKisses

But in reply to the OP, for some reason I lost interest in Britney after 2002... probably when In The Zone came out. All I remember is not liking MATM and seeing Toxic only. I think I was too busy with Lizzie Maguire and My Scene dolls and Britney was 'old'.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed everything. I was a reader when I was younger, and I never watched the news. Then I moved into video games, again never saw the news or read tabloids or kept in touch with any type of pop culture awareness... I wasn't exposed to Britney until 2010 when her Glee episode came out. :yaknow: I mean, I'd heard a handful of songs; Baby, Oops, Toxic, Womanizer, Circus and If U Seek Amy. My mom had the BOMT album, and I had the OIDIA video on a McDonald's VHS tape that also had Bye, Bye, Bye. But I didn't know who she was outside of the Oops and Baby singer and that she'd had a divorce in 2007 and some bad performance where she'd been reported as saying immediately afterwards that she looked like a fat pig (which I assume now in hindsight was false...).

2 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

I was only 4 when her first album came out, and I was too young to even know what the VMAs were at that time. My parents even made me throw away her CD bc they said she was a bad influence and didn't approve of how she dressed with the all the belly shirts. The first iconic thing I remember actually witnessing was when they reported on the news that she had shaved her head.

But yeah, just sucks that so many people got to witness her prime first hand as it actually happened....

:crying1:

That's MY story too!!!! I am so shocked, it's like reading myself...

:crying2::o

I was 3/4 and didn't understand all that was happening (vmas, singles, remixes...)! My parents didin't want me to go alone on her website because she was too **** (I only go once and it was when there were the tiger thing!!)

My parents also informed me when she shaved her hair :crying1:

(But after that, she was hugely criticized and I started loosing interest... Until 2010 when I tried listening to Blackout and Circus. It came back of nowhere and since then I'm a fan again!)

It was and still is really hard to be a Britney fan for me tbh:nervousney:

PS : funny story, I didn't know remixes actually exist before B in the Mix, but when I listened to Overprotected, I knew there were changes between the one on GHMP and Britney. So I remember playing the first cd and running till an other device to play the second cd in the same time and compare the versions :embarrassney:

Yeah. I was 5 when BOMT came out. My step sister had the album and I listened to it constantly. 

I remember for my 7th birthday my dad took me to Best Buy to get whatever I wanted. I chose the Oops! I Did it Again.. CD. :moorangu:

My dad was like.. "are you sure son?"

I was like.. :tiffanynod:

How my parents didn't know I was gay is beyond me. 

I also was 4 when her first album came out and i grew up in a very conservative christian home so Britney Spears represented everything that was a no for me and my sisters. We weren't allowed to watch MTV or even the performances on New Years because we weren't allowed to listen to any music that wasn't christian. I pretty much became a fan of Britney during 2007 when most people were making fun of her. I received a CD player for my birthday and I was messing with the radio dial thing one night and this station came on and they would play the top ten requested songs of the day and they played Piece Of Me and i had such an eargasm because I hadn't heard anything like that ever. They also played Gimme More one night and I lost my **** again. So I ended up getting an ipod for christmas and Blackout was the first album I ever bought on my own with my itunes gift card(and yeah I got in trouble).

tumblr_mxaua9VEFy1qd8zg3o1_r1_500.gif

thanks for listening to my life story:eheeek:

it was 2006, I was only a kid without internet/not really interested in tv
I found her CD in a music store, I liked the cover and then it's all started, I watched MTV and local music channels all day long to see her 
goood I didn't have internet till like 2009,didn't know any news,only magazine articles. I was so lucky that I've seen premiere of Radar music video on tv, I LOVED it...it was like surprise gift
well we waited MM video like hundred years without any announcement and it was bad surprise so yeah better be prepared now :usher:

Archived