For An Album Full Of Brilliant Pop Music..

NotAPassenger

For An Album Filled With Grade A Pop, There Are No Hit Singles   

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree with every single word of OP. For all three pointed out, there's both pros and cons.

#NoShade, but I'm glad OP didn't acknowledge LMD. It's basic, plays off of the tired Raggae-infused sound, and the chorus goes nowhere.

Personally, I think JLM is the strongest song in the entire album. I want it to be a single so bad, but I'm hesitant to accept it as a 2nd single. :embarrassney:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

WOW lol I'm happy you're not Britney's manager :moorangu:

Most of this thread disagree with u

to think Love Me Down as that potential second single next to the likes of TTWE, Toxic and POM is tragic

la la la la la la la x1038474 is annoying as ****. No thx.

:arianabye:

If they want to pander to fans and release something uptempo and more "Britney" then Come Over works for her. But the video needs to be something that goes with the current nature of the song. The song is all about hookups it's a **** tinder jam. Start the video in tinder headquarters with the workers dressed in different fetishes as they go about their day trying to find Britney a man. 

Slumber Party would have to be tongue in cheek, with hints of lesbianism. Really colourful.

Just Luv Me needs a cinematic video, tell me a story, I want rain and thunder and scenes where she deals with her desperation. 

The video is important. 

But the reality is she's probably not getting a hit so the three I picked I picked for a reason. They each have the most potential.

7 minutes ago, NotAPassenger said:

The reality is she's probably not getting a hit so the three I picked I picked for a reason. 

I wouldn't underestimate her tbh. We just need a good video.

The reason I'm still pressed about the scrapped MM video is that video's are EVERYTHING nowadays. It keeps a song afloat while also sustaining lots of streams. She/her team messed up big time. MM could have just barely broken top 10 had the "controversial" video caught the media and gp's attention.

That's what we need for single 2: an exceptional visual. And that's what she's known for career-wise (minus the last three videos :britdrown:).

• Super Mods
21 minutes ago, briteen said:

This song could be huge, add a JT lookalike to the Iconic MV and she has a 3 week No.1 :tbh:

In my opinion, I don't think the GP is as enthralled about Justin and Britney's relationship as some in the B-Army are! So I don't think a Justin lookalike would have much impact. People might see it as weird nostalgic move.

Idk I think she needs a song that helps the GP see that she has power/standing in 2016, 20 years into a long successful career! That's why I'm leaning toward Slumber Party or DYWCO as second single :myjam: 

6 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

What are you talking about ? Love Me Down and Slumber Party are winning EVERY poll on internet and LMD won Popcrush's poll too lmao. Just Luv Me was like the 6th choice. Stay pressed.

Slumber party is great and intelligent. LMD is gonna get slammed. Radio is not gonna support that opening speaking verse. At all.

I love DYWCO but I feel like it won't be that succesful, it already had a prerecorded tv performance and it stayed at #700 sth on iTunes :boredashell:

Out of those options I voted Slumber Party but I'm starting to think Love Me Down has a chance

I'm afraid she'll do another "girl power" video for SP tho she said is a good song to listen to when your chillin' with your girl friends eating pizza.. :boredashell:

41 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

I think we should hold off on Just Luv Me. It should be a single but not the 2nd. I would go for Slumber Party as single 2. 

That's my favorite on the album and it does need to be a single before the era ends.

PREACH. & whoever says Slumber Party needs a feature should stop. SP is flawless and it’ll crack the music business.

8 minutes ago, Via Infinito said:

Slumber party is great and intelligent. LMD is gonna get slammed. Radio is not gonna support that opening speaking verse. At all.

This. The singing verses are actually promising and catchy... builds up... then BOOM: basic *** chorus. It kinda loosely reminds me of Fergie's "L.A. Love" tbh lol. Eesh. :embarrassney:

Let's not forget that Rolling Stone called it the worst song on the album. :britdrown: "...the one truly terrible song." :britdrown:

Archived